4 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

7 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

8 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Am I shallow for turning down a date to the dance?

A boy asked me to our spring dance, and he’s sweet but not that attractive. I said no because I just don’t think of him in that...

Youre not shallow, you may be picky but whats wrong with that? I would go to the dance with the guy you want to go with and if is a hottie you are waiting for than go with the hottie. I would want to go with an attractive guy, we all like attractive guys.

by fashionqn on 4/1/2013 5:59:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I just got asked to the prom by a senior and I am a freshman. I know he is a really sweet person, and has the same values as I do ect. However I am not all that attracted to him in that way. Plus I'm not even allowed to date until I'm 16! My parents told me it was okay to go with him because they trust that he is a good person.I didn't want him to be embarrassed because he's very shy and doesn't ask a lot of girls. So I said yes, only if we went as friends and as a group. He said that it was perfectly okay. (even though I know he likes me more than as a friend.) Prom is May 4th and I am sooo nervous!! I've never said yes to a guy before, and the fact that he's a senior makes it even harder! PLEASE HELPP!! ThanksSmile

Hey 06631, no worries. I'm sure you'll have fun, especially if he is as nice as you say he is. Maybe try spending a little more time around him now, so you won't be quite as nervous when it comes time to go to prom. You'll be fine girly! Xoxo Smile Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by 06631 on 3/29/2013 5:52:11 PM

haha both my best friend and I were slightly freaked out by the guys who asked us to homecoming, as in we totally didn't see either coming (the guy who asked me is super shy, and the guy that asked her hardly talks to her). the difference was, she freaked out and said no, and I freaked out and said yes... but it was cool. i had a date to homecoming Laughing

by mesuchrecarpendaes on 3/22/2013 8:14:10 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
So the intern I work with is really flirty with me! He is always talking to me and stares at my friends and I when we go by the bookshelves. Plus he is very attentive of who I hang out with, he was Even jealous when my boyfriend came in and started flirting with me (he didn't know he was my bf at the time) plus he also defended me when someone was being a jerk to me. he also helps me with everything. Then he made perfume(weird) but anyway I just told him I would smell it on tuesday(the next time I would see him) but he literally couldn't wait for me to smell it. He even literally ran all the way to his locker to get it. (it smelt awesome btw) so does he like me or am I juat over reacting?

Hey Hottie1250, he could like you. These definitely sound like flirty moves. I would wait for a few more clues before saying anything. If he takes it a little too far, you should remind him that you're in a relationship and want to remain friends. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Hottie1250 on 3/22/2013 5:40:34 PM

She said she just isn't into him that way, so she isn't shallow.

by awtechnofish on 3/20/2013 8:14:35 PM

I totally agree. I don't think you should feel obliged to go to a dance with someone just because they asked you. No matter who the person is, if you are in any way uncomfortable going with them it should be okay to politely say no.

by peetakatniss1 on 3/20/2013 7:12:54 PM

Mod mod mod
So yesterday, I brought my bff to karate with me. She showed up in a cute shirt and skin-tight jeans with giant hoops. It's karate, she should've been dressed appropriately. I didn't say anything. There's this group of 3 guys that I kind of like. They start acting weird when I walk into the room. Yesterday, one of them said "Hey blue shirt!". The rest were laughing. My bff decided to add them on fb, (before yesterday) and I thought "well if she wants to make a fool out of herself, let her". They asked if she was the girl who added them. She said yes. The one I like the most said to her in a flirtatious way "why are you wearing skinny jeans". I laughed with him and said "I know! I thought that too!" he just ignored me. They were focused completely on her. She told me after "they were looking at my legs omg!". She seems kind of conceited about herself now. She's coming again to karate. What do I do?

hey girl! sounds to me like there might be a bit of jealousy going on here, which is understandable. you've been friends with these dudes for a while, practicing karate with them, and she shows up and steals the show in her skinny jeans. just try your best to remain kind and fight off the green-eyed monster. sure, she's more forward than you, but so what? nicely ask her to wear proper karate clothes, as she really should come appropriately dressed. as for all the other stuff, just let her do her thing and befriend these guys. if she keeps bragging, you can ask her to stop and say it hurts your feelings. good luck!

xoxo

Katie L.

by isabellec on 3/20/2013 2:39:13 PM

I'm not trying to be mean,but rejecting someone who is sweet and cool just because they're not so good looking is rude. Don't just look at their faces,look at their personalities. Looks really don't matter Smile

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/20/2013 12:40:47 PM

OH YES! YOU ARE SHALLOW! Holy cow!

by pinklol56 on 3/20/2013 9:02:00 AM

what I did when someone asked me to the dance that I didn't like was say that I don't really like going to dances with a date because then you can't really dance with who ever you want to. I think it's easier to go with friends then you can dance with who ever you want and it's not a big deal

by luve2cheer on 3/20/2013 7:41:24 AM