11 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

14 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

15 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

Cry me a fibber

I recently broke up with a boyfriend I went out with for a whopping six months, so of course I was upset when he started going...

What a jerk! I'm sorry you wasted your time on him

by hinatagal on 5/30/2013 4:58:07 PM

You're right, he is a jerk. And he seems immature, since most exes would still be pretty friendly with you even after you broke up. But at least now you can date better people!

by GLPeaches on 4/23/2013 7:29:20 PM

that is just wrong

by pandasrock292 on 4/9/2013 10:22:09 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Hi! I've always been the kind of girl who was hopelessly romantic and always wanted a boyfriend. But I've had a few and the first two hurt me. And now, I leave before I can be left, which is a bad habit. But I also am really friendly, and guys take that as flirting, and then when I say I don't wanna go out with them (nicely, of course!) they leave me without their friendship. I also really like this one boy, who I have been told likes me. I like that he won't want a really romantic relationship, which is what I'm into now. He won't be all cutesy, but he'll be respectful, which I like. But I don't know how to show him that I like him. Also, I still want to be friends with this boy I said no to dating, but he doesn't want to talk to me at all. Thank you so much!

Hey romanticbookworm13, give him a compliment here and there, and then occasionally joke with him. Maintain eye contact and smile when you talk to him. He should be able to pick up the little hints. Give that other guy some time. That probably took a lot for him to ask you out, and although you were nice, you did reject him. It can be hard to just be friends with someone you really like. He may never want to be your friend. So let him figure out what he'd like to do. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by romanticbookworm13 on 3/19/2013 5:53:24 PM

emmyie11, If your periods are like that every single month where you have severe pain and a heavy flow I would talk to your mom about going to the doctor. I dont think its as bad as we think, many of my friends have done it. They may prescribe more powerful medication or even suggest you get in birth control, the pill helps with that sort of thing. I was going to say to try the heating pads but you say they dont work, good luck.

by fashionqn on 3/14/2013 10:52:29 PM

Three words. What a jerk! Sorry that you dated him. Frown

by ising990 on 3/14/2013 10:14:35 PM

At emmyie11. How I get rid of cramps is that I exercise a lot the day I get my period. Not like running, like doing yoga or some tai chi. Also if you heat up some water and put some honey and lemon in it, it relaxes you a lot. But sitting around makes it more worse than working out. Also stay away from thick liquids like smoothies and milk, that tends to make it worse too. I hope I helped at least a little! Good Luck Girl!

by HockeyLuver on 3/14/2013 9:59:47 PM

Okay, so whenever I get my period the first few days I get horrible cramps and it's really heavy. I mean, my abdominal area feels like someone has punched me multiple times and heating pads don't help. Medicine only works for a bit and as for the heavy flow it dies down a few days later, along with the cramps, but it's still really bad.
Also, when I exercise it gets worse, not better. Any advice to what I should do?

by emmyie11 on 3/14/2013 6:00:31 PM

One of my guy friends asked me if I would be his date for prom. I said that I'd think about it, because I've been friends with him since kindergarten and he's an awesome friend, but I don't like him as more than just a friend. I want to say yes, because I know I'd have a good time, but how can I say that I just want to go as friends without it being awkward? Thanks!

hey! it may seem awkward, but it is important for you guys to talk about this beforehand so that you're both communicating clearly about your feelings. Say something like, "I'd love to go together as friends, this is gonna be so fun!" Then he'll have the opportunity to express his feelings/ assumptions. good luck!

Helen S.

by candgrl on 3/14/2013 5:51:33 PM

Will someone please help me? I need exercise ideas on how to lose weight and tone up the upper body before formal!!! Please help!

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.