2 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

5 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

6 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

Turning 16--but I don't want to grow up

I am turning 16 and every time I think about it or see little kids running around, I become sad. I don't want to grow...

Hi, I am having the same thing as the girl who wrote this, about once a month My grandma and me will have a huge fight over it cause she keeps telling me to grow up and Im not ready to leave my childhood. How can I get her to understand that Im not ready to grow up? When I think about it..I think about death and then I get depressed, same for when I see little kids..I get scared and I start to cry please HELP me I need your advice

Hey girlie, growing up doesn't mean you're close to death. Growing up and getting older can be fun too. You can act more grown up and take on the responsibilities that come with getting older without having to sacrifice the things you love about being a kid.

Lauren T.

by BunnyGirl1012 on 5/19/2013 6:16:46 PM

A lot of people don't want to grow up! Everybody does. As you grow older, you would want to look back at your childhood and smile. If you don't want to grow up, you won't be able to see anything happy if you keep worrying!

by NayaRose on 4/4/2013 11:35:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD! Huge issue! Please read. (Could you delete this post after a day? Please.)
My friend, who is about 15 years old, was pregnant. Sadly, just today she found out that the baby was a misscarriage. She has had a tough life. Just three months ago she almost died of an overdose. She gets extremely depressed over anything and everything. her current relationship is poisonous. All they do is fight and argue and tear each other down. Her mother died at a young age, and her current father cheated on her. (while she was in the hospital). she gave up on god. Anyways, about her baby. Idk what to tell her! I don't know what to say without offending her or making her sad. I feel so useless, I can't even try and content her. What do i say? What do i do? HELP.

Hey lizzy_2015, remind her it wasn't her fault, and that her baby is in a better place. Everything happens for a reason so maybe right now wasn't the best time for her to be a mother. Let her know you are always there for her and that she can always reach out to you. After you've done that, let her come to you. She probably needs to spend some time on her own right now. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by lizzy_2015 on 3/26/2013 7:07:53 PM

i feel that way to. even though im only ten. when ever its my birthday i dont want to become old.

by koolkayla321 on 3/24/2013 7:45:57 PM

I had the same thing before but I realized that I can still have fun and not grow up too fast without being sad! I realized that things can be fun and you should enjoy your teen years! I will just ride my bike or watch a disney movie to cheer up!

by cupcakecutie325 on 3/19/2013 6:59:27 PM

its totally fine! everyone goes through this. i know how you feel. right now im 15 and feel the same way. but when people ask why i act silly so much this is what i say: " you wanna know why, because once you hit high school, they expect you to be mature, and all that. but i wanna spent my time ad live my life to the fullest. what your going through is normal. just be you and everything will be just fine! and if your a person who sees that stuff all the time try a new hobby or something that makes YOU happy! hoped this helped bye!!! Smile

by angelfoxylady on 3/18/2013 7:34:40 PM

I feel like this everyday, waking up late, acting like a child almost all the time. But Ill be sixteen next year and..Im not ready to grow up..I don't wanna forget being a child..I don't want to have to grow up I understand that..I need to be mature, but all the time? Cant they let us stay a child until we are really an adult? Until we are 18 we are not adults, we are..still kids they say we are kids then say we are old enough to do other things right? Well Let us be kids until we are ready to grow up dont ruin our lives just because you think we should be adults when we arnt

by BunnyGirl1012 on 3/18/2013 1:07:23 PM

I bought I cute little green with pink floral decorations shoulder band. It's cute and little, the only problem is that I don't know what to put on it! PLEASE PLEASE PELASE PLEASE HELP!

Hey girlie, you can use it as a small purse when you're going out and don't need much more than your wallet and a couple other things.

Lauren T.

by Angelsfall on 3/17/2013 7:03:08 PM

Dear mod, I was forced to get a haircut by my parent since the stylist said that it would help my hair (which was apparently breaking) It's ok, but I miss my old hair. Also, I have graduation pictures and the studio told all students not to get new hairstyles (I completely forgot this rule). Also, I am in a play, and I don't think my hair fits mu character. I also don't feel very confident in myself due to my new haircut. I am afraid that I will get in trouble and that my hair will grow back badly. What do I do?
Please reply. Thank you.

Hey girlie,

I don't think your school will get you in trouble for getting a trim, they probably meant something more extreme like dye or a fancy/elaborate 'do. Your hair will grow back and will look awesome when it does, but don't let a cut get your confidence down, because you're still the same person no matter what you look like! Try a new style like a side braid or pony with your cut that you haven't done before, or wear your favorite hair band or clip to feel more like yourself. You'll get used to your haircut in no time, and you might even get some compliments Smile

Meghan D.

by appleduck101 on 3/16/2013 11:20:59 PM

aww i had the exact same thing happen to me last year... i cried whenever i saw something that reminded me of my early childhood. which was a lot. im sorry thats happening and dont worry youd be surprised how many people go through that kind of nostalgia thing. good luck ♥

by Casey_cookie on 3/15/2013 8:30:36 PM

I think we are at a tough age maybe 12 to 17 because we still like to do things when we were younger but then we have to deal with guys, puberty and relationships which just makes it super difficult. We are wanting to be with boys, kiss and do certain romantic things one day and then just enjoy doing things when we were real young the next day. It must drive our parents crazy but then they went through it to. My mom says its tougher now because we start doing things younger and younger. So I wonder what it will be like when I have kids someday.

by fashionqn on 3/13/2013 10:30:44 PM

I LOVE anything that has to do with Disney!

by haleyiscool on 3/12/2013 7:54:19 PM

Can someone tell me how to ask a question to Carol? I don't know how and I really want to ask questions to her.

Hey girl, go here: "Get Advice."  This page has the address to send your Dear Carol questions to.

Karin E.

by SillyIlly10 on 3/12/2013 4:36:39 PM

Wow, how ironic! I'm turning 16 also. I've used to get that feeling all the time. After all, your a grown up forever but you'll never be a child again, which is why I'm glad I never rushed getting older! But now I feel like I'm ready for it. I had a great childhood and I'm ready to let go of it (but maybe not completely). I'm tired of looking at my past so I'm gonna look forward to my future and have a great time there. Thanks for the article GL! Funny, thought I was the only one who was like that.

by Chloe<3 on 3/12/2013 1:26:37 PM

Mom mod mod
Wow this is exactly how i feel!! I feel like life id going way too fast and like ill die too early or something. It really scares me, sometimes enough that i think ill have a panic attack. Im really scared of the thought of growing up and then dying. Ive even gotten depression from these negative thoughts. I feel like i dont know what to do anymore Frown

Hey Chica, I think a lot of people get scared when they think about the future. Try relaxing and living in the moment. YOLO, right?

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Summalovin on 3/12/2013 1:55:36 AM

Great post. I'm older than her and dealing with the same thing. Just do not let anyone keep you from enjoying something that makes you happy that is associated with kids. For me, I love Disney! Creative adults are the children who survived within us.

by taylor22742 on 3/11/2013 7:05:36 PM