10 HOURS AGO The truth about shaving your arm hair: http://t.co/ajzVkpuuub

13 HOURS AGO @theduckbrand challenges YOU to create & accessorize a prom outfit w/Duck Tape for a chance to #win: http://t.co/WXboQLPzjB #stuckatprom

14 HOURS AGO Oh snap! Is your mom snooping in your diary?! http://t.co/fh6lrvL2Lp

COMMENTS

Why do the guys I like never like me back?

All the guys I don’t like, like me. All the guys I do like, don’t. What’s up with that? Bill: Old-time comedian Groucho Marx once said, “I’d...

I have this guy friend who texts me a lot. We go a reasonable way back and he likes me. I know this because we talked over the phone and text. The only thing I didn't know was that he had a gf. So while he was flirting with me she had no clue. I really like him and I'm not sure if he likes me back, but I'm not the type of person to make a break-up for my own benefit. What do I do? Also prom is coming up and they said we could invite someone from outside of school. I'm stressing here and I'm only 14 ughhhh! Boys!!!

Hey Girl! So I think you should def try talking to him. It's not cool to be flirting with multiple girls at once and you should let him know that if he wants you he can only have you.  See how things go and then you can decide if you are going to ask him to prom or not.

Elizabeth K.

by vani98 on 5/9/2013 10:01:46 PM

Hi, I just want to know if this guy likes me. Every time I speak with one of my friends who are boys, he seems to just force himself into the conversation. It kind of is annoying because I'm talking about personal problems to one of my friends who are boys and he just comes write in and takes a seat besides us and completely changes the subject into when we were kids. It makes me feel so uncomfortable. He always does this. I'm talking to any boy and he just comes right in and asks, "What are you guys talking about?" I sometimes catch him staring at me and now he asks me when's my birthday and where my parents are from. It's weird. I use to like him last year, and I think he liked me too, but now I think he still likes me. I'm starting to have feelings for someone else, but I don't know who I like anymore. I'm just so confused. I think this pretty girl I know likes him and now I find myself getting jealous for some reason. Does he like me? Do I like him too?

Hey cookies345, I think you both like each other. Or maybe you're just jealous of that pretty girl. You can like two people at once. Why don't you like him anymore? Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by cookies345 on 4/9/2013 7:40:51 PM

Okay I need help. I really really like this guy. But so much has happened(ie him finding out, everyone making fun of me) I found out he doesn't like me. I tried to text him and he said it really awkward between us and its too late to fix that so I asked him if we could be friends and he said it was too late for that too. Now it's REALLY awkward but we don't talk or anything. I know I should get over him but I can't. I don't know what to do now. Help

Hey girl, ugh, that stinks.  But no worries, you can move on.  Check out this post: "5 healthy ways to get over him."  Also, read this: "6 secrets to get him out of your head."  You got this.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by laugh121 on 4/3/2013 2:51:23 PM

So this guy asked me out and i said yes. it was through text. So my friend gave him my number and he started texting me only then did i realize that i liked him. He was so sweet. He said he didnt like me then asked me out. One the next school day (Monday) he wouldnt even look at me my friends told me that it was for a bet and that he was a player. So at lunch my friends walked up to him and said ''Hey_____ wanna see a magic trick? POOF! Your single! They said that he looked a little suprised and hurt. My friend told me that the real reason he asked me out was because he had liked me for 2 months before. Why did he do this? Did he ever like me? And i know i shouldn't but now i still kinda like him.... HELP!!!!!

by younghuntress on 4/1/2013 5:20:19 PM

I dunno how this works but,I'm in a new school,and Ive been here since the beginning of the school year.Before,no guys ever liked me.Now,in 7th grade,I think almost 20 guys have liked me.And I havent changed,either.But it seems that all the guys that I can actually access are taken by my best friends.And I know thats a definite no no,but im kinda tired of not being able to like someone they like.And I do like this one kid in our classes,and hes perfect for me,but my bestie has a huge crush on him.I dont know what to do!And it seems hes digging on me,cause hes invited me to his locker a few times.But I feel like if I ask him out my BFF will get mad.What should I do?

I think you should talk to your friend. You need to get her take on it and see how she feels before you do anything. Also tell her how you feel and just have an honest conversation about it. That way you can figure out what to do. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by lauren2222 on 3/26/2013 9:44:59 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!
There's this guy, I know he did like me a few months ago, but now I'm unsure. He hasn't said he stopped liking me, or liking anyone else...but at least I know he has the potential to like me. What are some "flirting techniques" or even something I can do for him to like me?

Hey JewelsDarling, you can't make anyone like you. What someone feels for you is out of your control. However, you can send him little hints that let him know you're still interested. Start having more convos with him, where you ask about him. Ask about the things he likes and how school is going for him. Drop a compliment every now and then too. Even joking around will show you're attracted to him. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by JewelsDarling on 3/26/2013 1:41:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!! Please answer ASAP!!!!
So there's this guy I really extremely like, but he's a lot older. I'm not sue if he's 15 or 17, and I'm 11! Also, he likes another girl. When I found this out, it felt like my heart was breaking. Sure, there's another guy I also like, and I kinda like him more, but still. How do I get over it? I feel so sad.

Hey Girly, getting over a guy is tough. I think the best 'cure' is a girls' night with my besties, jamming out to some Taylor Swift, and focusing on a new cutie.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 3/26/2013 11:48:57 AM

MODMODMODMOD

Hey girlie, you need to talk to an adult who can help her. Whether it's her mom or a school counselor, someone needs to know so that they can talk to her and get her the right treatment. Doing it once probably won't hurt her very much, but once leads to more times and a habit that she can't get rid of.

Lauren T.

by KenzieC84 on 3/25/2013 8:03:21 PM

I like this guy but i don't think he likes me anyways today in art my last period this guy (Hmm let's call him Senor X)Senor X told him i liked him (We were in a pretty heated argument were i ended up calling his mother a couple this that he called me)and i don't know if he told him whether or not i like him And(Lets call the the guy i like Mr.C) Mr.C and I have each other's Skype and the other day at my sleep over my friend messaged Mr. C Saying they know who likes him (Also this girl, let's call her B said she told him at the art show that we had last week that i liked him) But he barley gets on Skype and I'm too scared to talk to him in school (I either end up calling him 'It' or hurting him)and last week he tripped me so i sorta kinda ended up pushing him into a wall and then ran into the girl's bathroom. What should i do to let my "Secret" stay a secret?(I don't know if i can even call it a secret after all pretty much everyone knows)(BTW Sorry for long rant)

Hey girlie, if after all that Mr. C isn't telling you that he likes you or giving you any hints then it's time to move on. There's no risk involved for him right now so if he liked you he would make a move.

Lauren T.

by Candy87 on 3/25/2013 8:00:50 PM

Haha I feel ya girl!! Back in middle school every time I liked a guy, he would like me back. Idk I feel like I just sort of came to expect that things just work out that way and that liking someone is enough to make them feel the same....yeah high school was a rude awakening, my life hasn't really worked that way since. But that's ok..you gotta put some effort into it, if it's not worth fighting for then it's not worth it period.

by maggie183 on 3/25/2013 7:59:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Can my mom see my comments by email? If it is that way with clubs, I thought it just might be that way with this. I have a secret I want to confide in all of these GL girls.

Hey girlie, your comments aren't attached to your email. Unless your mom knows your username then she can't find your comments.

Lauren T.

by lovebeebs1 on 3/25/2013 7:56:16 PM

Oh man. In kindergarten/pre-k, a boy who was really wierd would sing about me all the time. I remember how one day, he brought in a beetle from the playground half wrapped in a ribbon. It kind of scared me. Anyways, he moved away somewhere. I kind of wish I could find him.

by lovebeebs1 on 3/25/2013 7:52:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would a guy always say hi to you every time he sees you (and say hi to just you), defend/be protective of you, & look/glance at you. He also said good job to me and loves saying hi to me. The other day he turned around said good job to me. Also, my friends say that sometimes they catch him looking at me. Does he like me? I really like this guy! Thanks!!

Hey girlie, you have a good chance! Flirt with him some more and see how he responds.

Lauren T.

by Run4Life28 on 3/25/2013 7:03:30 PM

How can you tell if a guy is just nice or he likes you? My gut has always told me my crush likes me, but my friend says he just started dating one of my close friends.Should I just move on?
Thank You!

Hey girlie, if he's dating someone else then move on. Sometimes your gut feeling is wrong, and you just have to accept it and know that something better is around the corner.

Lauren T.

by auslly123 on 3/25/2013 3:30:12 PM

MOD MOD
I saw the mod that replied to me, but I meant where do I go to ask GL a serious question. It's not super serious like someone murdered my friend or something, but I don't think I should ask it in the comments. It's also a really big question.

Hey girlie, you can ask a serious question on here and ask the mod to hide your comment. They can answer without giving too much away without your question.

Lauren T.

by AlishaAddy on 3/25/2013 1:49:11 PM

Hey girls! Need help finding outfits for your first day of school or your first date? Just finished cramming the night before and look terrible? Check out Fashion ASAP and get advice on your skin, body, hair, nail how-to's, makeup and awesome outfits here that fit your taste and style! We will help you with your problems ASAP (usually within 24 hours) and you'll receive fabulous answers! <3High Tops

by High Tops FTW on 3/25/2013 1:16:24 PM

MODMODMOD MOD MODDD
I have bad acne and get made fun of for it. I got called rudolph by my "best friend" even, last week. I have begged my mom to take me to the dermatologist but she says I'm "beautiful" and that it'll "go away". I have told her about the bullying but she just starts getting agitated and says we don't have enough money to take me to a doctor for it.
How do I convince her to take me?

Hey girl, ugh, acne can be so frustrating.  Check out GL's posts about how to get rid of acne.  Ask your mom if you have insurance that might help cover the cost of seeing a dermatologist.  In the meantime, try products with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to help beat those zits.  Don't let bullies get to ya.  Focus on the parts of your bod that you love.  You got this, girl.

Karin E.

by LuvYaBunches on 3/25/2013 12:39:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD! My boyfriend broke up with me through a text last night and I'm a train wreck. How can I cope?

Hey girl, check out this awesome post: "5 healthy ways to get over him."  Hope that helps!

Karin E.

by myfatsquirrel on 3/25/2013 11:11:29 AM

Mod mod mod
So I told a guy that I liked him last year. He rejected me. He avoided me after that. He goes to my karate. Last week, we did a fighting match together. He laughed when I kicked him a bit hard. I said "are you okay!?" and he laughed and said "yeah, I'm fine", nicely. I saw him and his bff looking at me in line, talking to each other. When I was sitting down on the floor, there was another fight going on. He wanted to watch it, so he walked closer to me. He usually never wants to even be near me. I was thinking of coming to class early, (when he's in the room alone) and striking up a convo. Does that sound like a good idea? Do I just say hi? How do I win him back without sounding like I still like him?

Hey girl, yeah, strike up a convo with him before class.  Say hi and then talk about whatever you like.  Just be yourself.  Check out GL's ice breakers for some helpful advice chattin' him up.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by isabellec on 3/25/2013 11:11:00 AM

My bff has been acting really weird lately. I'm concerned. First, she's been cursing a whole lot more than usual. I mean, it's funny in moderation. Now, it's just obnoxious. And then, she said something that I'd never though I'd ever hear her say. I thought she was a better person than this. I said to her "are you kidding me? Would that be something your parents would be proud of? Would that make you a better person?". She got mad at me and argued her point, then said she was sorry, and deactivated her Facebook account. I was mad that she deactivated her account, only because that's where we talk to each other most of the time. But then I thought, should I even call her my bff? Should someone like that even be my bff? What do I do in this sitch? HELP! Thanks

Hey girl, if she apologized to you it's def worth talking with her to see if you can maintain your friendship.  You can tell her how you feel.  Mabs there's other stuff going on in her life that she wants to talk about, so listen to her tell you how she feels too.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 3/25/2013 11:02:40 AM

Sounds like me, but I think my crush likes me back.

by pinklol56 on 3/25/2013 9:03:18 AM

I would love to give guys who like me a chance, but I don't think there' are any to begin with! As far as I know, no guy likes me and no guys who I DO like, Like me back. What should I do?!

Hey girl, there's probs somebody who likes you, even if they're not on your radar at all.  Don't worry, with a little time, new guys will come in and out of your life and you'll have opportunities to give someone you like a chance.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by Nerdbird34 on 3/25/2013 8:43:02 AM

I really like this guy who is in my art class. We have a lot in common and talk all of the time even though he is shy. I try to flirt by smiling a lot and looking into his eyes and he flirts right back. One time I caught him blushing too. My friends in that class also say that we should date, but how can I hint for him to ask me out? I have his number and we've texted before, but it was awhile ago. I know that we are going over to the school to paint this week and we're on spring break so should I text him and ask if he wants to come?

Hey girl, inviting him to a group project sounds like a good idea.  Hopefully it'll give him another hint that you like him.  Also, if you want to ask him out, go for it!  Good luck!

Karin E.

by rfh14000 on 3/25/2013 8:15:52 AM

Okay. So I'm trying to figure out if this guy likes me. We have 2 classes together: math and gym. And alll the time, especially in gym (because it's more open I guess?) I catch him looking at me. I even got my friend to see if he kept looking or if I was just going crazy, but she agreed. And like he's on my bus and lives on my block, and one time my backpack was really heavy, and I jokingly asked him to carry it for me, but he did it anyway. And him and our friend Matt always tease me and make jokes about me (in a funny, friendly way) and at the end he always goes: "no, I'm just kidding. You know that's not true." I kinda sorta really like him, but does it sound like he likes me? If it does, should I initiate something or whatever that's lets him know that I like him? Please help! Thanks!

Hey girl, it does sound like he might like you.  If you want to tell him how you feel or ask him out, go for it!  Check out GL's helpful ice breakers.  Have fun and good luck!

Karin E.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 3/25/2013 1:39:57 AM

MOD MOD!
If I have to ask something serious, where do I go? I usually would ask simple questions here, but I have a very serious question and idk where and who I'm supposed to ask.

Hey girl, if you have a serious question, find an adult you trust to talk to.  It could be a school counselor or a parent or a nurse.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by AlishaAddy on 3/25/2013 1:27:46 AM

i so know the feeling! Tong

by Casey_cookie on 3/25/2013 12:06:22 AM