1 HOURS AGO If you have food allergies, then you know the struggle is real: http://t.co/nO9df9R6Au

2 HOURS AGO Found: The best bangs for your face shape: http://t.co/qST9gEsIfs

3 HOURS AGO Go behind the scenes of this year's #GLfashbash: http://t.co/qDH8tnIGJi

COMMENTS

10 butt busters to get your booty ready for the beach

Bikini season is just around the corner, and we wanna get you in tip top shape! Forget the boring old running routine, you need something...

I have a little but of a belly. What workouts do u recommend?

Hey girlie! I would recommend lots of crunches, planks, and push-ups, along with regular cardio. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by PrettyBrity5 on 7/30/2013 11:47:06 PM

Thank you for this article!! I don't want my butt to unbalance the rest haha

by chick987 on 5/11/2013 4:26:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm a martial artist and i have slight muscle mass and a little more fat than i'd like to have. i've been training on and off for the past 6 months but i haven't been seeing a of results from what i've noticed- part of it's because i have a hard time keeping up with it with school and all. what are good exercises and other sports to help me with balance, strength, endurance etc? i was thinking that once i'm out of school i can do weight training, i run 2 and a half miles 3 or 4 times a week and then i have actual training on top of that. will that help? and how long would you say it'll take if i'm consistent? thanks!

Hey girlie,

That sounds like a good amount of exercise! I would focus more on being healthy than on reaching a certain weight or appearance, because what healthy looks like is different for everyone. If you want to develop an exercise plan for the summer, you could talk to your doctor, gym teacher or martial arts instructor to see what they recommend for you. As for exercise ideas, check out our workout channel for tons of options Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by karategirl78 on 5/10/2013 10:23:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, so Im 5' 9'', 14 years old, and I weigh 135 lbs. I used to vary from 129 up to 134, but now im varying from 135 to 137! My usual slight ab stomach is getting a little pudgier, and I really dont understand why. I'm basically done growing, and my eating hasn't changed. So why am i all of a sudden gaining all this weigh?! My metabolism is fast, but i dont think there is any way that it could have slowed down that much in a few days. HELP!

Hey girlie! You may be done growing, but it's totally normal for your body to go through periods of fluctuation like this. Eating isn't the only thing that can affect your body weight; other external factors like stress have an impact too. If you notice that your weight keeps climbing over the course of several weeks, and you don't have a possible explanation for why, I would recommend seeing your doctor about it. If it stays minor, though, or reverts back to what it normally is for a while, I'd say you're doing just fine.
Florence N.

by KatarinaG on 5/9/2013 8:03:54 PM

Mod! I'm slightly overweight and I've been dieting and running everyday. At first I lost about 5 pounds in a month, but now I've been gaining more and more weight, and getting stretch marks everywhere! I have no clue what's going on! Help!

Hey girlie, take a look in the mirror instead of the scale. Is your body looking bigger or is that number on the scale just higher. Sometimes when people are working out regularly, they gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat, but they look better. The stretch marks are because your body is changing with the weight loss/gain. Find some lotion with shea butter to help fade them. Mix up your diet and exercise routine. Instead of running every day do a fun workout video twice a week to mix up the muscles you're using.

Lauren T.

by JuliaE on 5/6/2013 8:32:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
what are some healthy breakfast ideas?

Hey girlie,

Check out this article for some great breakfast ideas, and check out our breakfast tag for some more ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/10/09/Hello-pumpkin-4-easy-school-day-breakfast-ideas.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/tag/breakfast.aspx

Meghan D.

by sohi105 on 5/4/2013 10:39:35 PM

missykp -- Yes, as a matter of fact I do wear swim suits (is that what you meant by 'swim shots'? Because if you meant 'swim shorts', then your idea of shorts is really different than mine.) I just make sure that the world can't see up my butt when I do.

by 7200wolfgirl7200 on 5/3/2013 8:44:59 PM

Mod,
How often should we do these workouts that are posted in order to get results? Every day? How long would it take until we would start to see results? THank you!

Hey ilovehamsters77, yeah go for everyday. Do them for as long as you want. Anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour will work. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ilovehamsters77 on 5/3/2013 7:43:02 PM

Are you saying swim shots and shorts are inappropriate? XD guess you're saying you've never worn either? Haha

by missykp on 5/2/2013 10:01:04 PM

Right . . . because having half your butt hanging out of your swimsuit or wearing booty shorts is GREAT goal for 'young girls'. Totally inappropriate and unrealistic for 90% of the world.

by 7200wolfgirl7200 on 5/2/2013 9:16:13 PM

Ok, the picture up there, especially of the girl on the left, is totally inappropriate

by Kstar101 on 5/2/2013 5:27:44 PM

I'm I the only one who thinks that the girls in the pic aren't real?

by -strawberry13 on 5/1/2013 6:00:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Will this make your butt bigger?

Hey girl, these exercises aren't supposed to make your butt bigger, but help tone it.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by iloveart213 on 5/1/2013 4:13:19 PM

@eemmais1, yes. If you wear a overnight pad, you should be fine all day. However, you should bring a couple extra, just in case your period suddenly gets heavy. Also, I reccommend changing before you go to school since you want to be able to wear it all day! Good luck!

Need advice? Go to my page and comment and I will get back to you within 48 hours. No topic is off limits.

by scamp24 on 5/1/2013 4:11:23 PM

Mod mod mod
My crush has been acting weird lately. He rejected me 6 months ago, so we barely ever talk. Last week, I asked if he saw something of mine, and instead of saying yes or no, he helped me look for it. A few days after that, I saw him in the room with his friend, and when I walked in, he said "shhh!" to his friend. Yesterday, his other friend was joking around with me before karate. His friend hasn't talked to me in 2 months. My crush isn't afraid to walk close to me anymore. Weird. In class, his friends and him were acting really strange. My crush is usually the focused quiet type, but it was like he couldn't sit still yesterday. He would playfully kick his friends and he would smile and giggle and not act himself. His friend would glance over at me a few times, and whisper to my crush. What does it sound like to you? What should I do to my crush? I don't want to look desperate, I just wanna get to know him better. Thanks! Laughing

Hey girl, it sounds like your crush might like ya back, how exciting!  For flirting tips, ideas, and ways to get to know him better, check out GL's ice breakers.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by isabellec on 5/1/2013 12:45:21 PM

MOD!

Do I have to change my period during the school day? Can I go around 7-8 hours without changing it, if I wear an overnight pad? I just got my period and I really don't want to change it at school...

by eemmais1 on 5/1/2013 1:35:41 AM

This is all really easy! i do a lot of this is dance class!

by hmeyer on 5/1/2013 1:20:58 AM