1 HOURS AGO Hang w/GL on Aug 5 & get schooled on all things #internships! It's all goin' down at #InternQueenParty DC—RSVP here: http://t.co/zQLnlxChbp

2 HOURS AGO The danger of displaced anger: http://t.co/pbmsghrg2a

3 HOURS AGO Hashtag DYING over @r5's new EP—click here to find out why: http://t.co/arnKBGj9ma

COMMENTS

My bestie isn't acting like a very good friend

BFF’s are supposed to be loyal, right? Well, my BFF is a different story. She does not call me back, and when I ask if...

about 2 years ago, me and 2 of my BFFs started really getting into making videos. we were in the middle of one when one of my friends (lets call her P) started making fun of me. my other friend (lets call her H) started joining in. i tried to tell them to stop, but they wouldn't. i finally stopped the video and started putting up the camera. they didn't understand what was wrong, even when i tried to explain it to them. H is one of my closest friends now, but i'm no longer friends with P. she started insulting me a lot through text, and then would tell me she didn't mean it (after doing it so much, i stopped believing her). I've been made fun before, but i'm afraid P will start making fun of me again or starting rumors, or just that something like this will happen again. how do i stop worrying so much?

Hey girlie, there's nothing you can do to prevent it so worrying won't help anything. If it does happen again just ignore her. She wants to upset you so don't give her the reaction she's looking for.

Lauren T.

by ladybugg on 7/28/2013 8:26:24 PM

I love this magazine and site. Im only eleven and this site has helped me through many things. I didn't get my July/ August issue yet. Just saying.
--- Katie <3

by katie91501 on 7/2/2013 11:04:24 AM

hi annoyed by bff!,
i think what your friend is doing is not acceptable,but have you ever noticed maybe that she has problems and tries to hide them! if she keeps acting so mean confrount her, ask her why she is acting so mean, ask if something is wrong! an other thing could be she is in her teen years and she is having a hard time! maybe you guys should have a bff day together! and remind her your there for her! if that doesnt work then start making new friends so when it goes wrong you will not be alone! Smile i hope my advice works, and remeber im just a teen so remeber dont take my ideas to seriously! Smile

by annelie on 6/29/2013 11:45:47 AM

One day my BFF dumped me for these two other girls because she didn't like me and now she won't talk to me but I talke to her. It hurts trust me I am still trying to fight through with it. No one should have to go through these problems but everyone does.

by Volleyballchick79 on 5/11/2013 3:36:42 PM

I don't know who my real BFF is!!!!! My one BFF is always mean self-centered and brags ALOT!!!! Should I still call her my best friend even if she has a REALLY big mouth? I don't know if I should blame her and I don't know how to tell her how much of a untrustworthy she is to me. I don't know what to say she takes medication for the way she acts. PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!!!

by kelly4489 on 5/7/2013 9:21:57 PM

Today at school I was playing around with my friend like linking my arms then my one "best friend" says "I am not standing by you" then the 2 other girls moved away to. At the beginning I thought it was funny then I went to go stand by them and they moved away so I shrugged it off and went to stand by them because I didn't want to be alone. Then they said "No I don't want to be by you" Then at lunch they said "Hey, sit by me" I said "NO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO STAND BY ME THEN WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SIT BY ME!!" Then I stormed off and the whole lunch they didn't say anything. When I got home I got a text from one friend saying "I'm sorry about what I said...it was meaning to be a joke but, the tone I said it in probably made it hurtful" So I forgave her but my other friend texted me "What did I do? It wont help if you ignore me!" But this isn't the first time she has done this... so should I forgive her even though she has done this before and didn't say sorry?

Hey zippyhorse, I think you should forgive her. I don't think she meant to hurt your feelings. Even her texting you "what did i do?" shows she wasn't trying to be mean. Your other friend said it was a joke, so let them know it hurts your feelings. I'm sure they won't do it again if you explain how it makes you feel. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by zippyhorse on 4/23/2013 7:08:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I really need your help! My "best friend" was my actual best friend since 1st grade. Now all of a sudden, she turned her back on me! She hangs out with all these people who don't like me because she told them rumors about me. She calls them her best friend when she just met them that year! She always lies to me now and sneaks out to hang out with other people.. I'm sick of her lying to me that she's going out to eat when she's actually going out with a friend. I feel jealous when she says she's with someone else because we never hang out anymore.. And everytime at school when she's with her so called "best friend" and sees me, she ignores me and walks faster... IDK what to do!!! HELP!!

Hey girlie. It sounds like it's time for one last intervention. Have her sit down with you, and explain to her that you really value her as a friend and you have for a really long time, but the way she's acting right now isn't at all how a best friend should be acting. If she doesn't seem to be able to take you seriously, or if she acts like she doesn't care, it's probably time to pull back and work on strengthening your relationship with other friends.
Florence N.

by danieluv124 on 4/19/2013 11:25:54 AM

I have a really great friend. When i moved to a new school in the fifth grade, she was very excited to meet me and we stayed best friends for the whole year. I felt like i knew her forever! Well, we stayed in touch over the summer but when school started, things changed. She met a new girl on her softball team and they became BFFs. They are both really nice and awesome people, but when they are together its like they mute out the rest of the world and live in their own personal little world where they whisper to each other.I consider them both good friends of mine, but still... I know i should give them some personal time together since i know what its like, but theyre practically together 24/7. I just want my best friend back! Any Advice? Please Help! Smile

by smileyface11401 on 4/17/2013 5:19:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so my "best friend" is being such a jerk to me. She calls a ton of people her best friend. I understand she wants more friends than just me, and i want more friends than her and i do have more friends than just her, but she's calling people she barley knows her best friend. Also, she totally left me in the dust for this one girl who was her "best friend" & then i wasn't her best friend anymore and she did the same thing to me last year too. She ignores me, and thinks she's way cooler and better than my friends and I. But when her and the other girl (this year) are in a fight she wants to come back to me and she expects me to just act like nothing happened, and that we're still best friends. The truth is, I don't mind still being her friend but i don't wanna be her best friend. I just can't do this anymore i'm so tired of being her second option. I'll still talk to her and stuff but i just don't think i can be her best friend anymore. What should I do? thanks,xoxo

Hey girl, it sounds like you've got it figured out: you can keep being friends with this girl but you don't have to be the best of friends.  That's totally okay because you can't be super-close with everyone.  Invest your time and energy with people who make you feel positive.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by 1D&CottonCandy on 4/11/2013 3:46:45 PM

I have a friend at school that gets mad at me for the littlest things. One time I told her she had a bump in her ponytail so she could fix it before school and she totally freaked out about it and was super mean to me. What do I do?

by Battey100 on 4/9/2013 9:08:21 PM