2 HOURS AGO How to rock candy colors on the daily: http://t.co/aQZFehAebU pic.twitter.com/BWxxZml2F5

3 HOURS AGO Bring summer camp to your kitchen with this recipe for s'mores bars: http://t.co/KiwKQgIIrS

4 HOURS AGO Feeling pressured by your BF? @carol_weston weighs in: http://t.co/ep8EtKNgT5

COMMENTS

My bestie isn't acting like a very good friend

BFF’s are supposed to be loyal, right? Well, my BFF is a different story. She does not call me back, and when I ask if...

~MODMODMOD~
Well i have this friend. Lets call her "Jen" We have been friends for 7 years. Well a few months ago she was dating this guy. i liked him and she knew it. She broke up with him and told me the only reason she dated him was because she felt bad for him and that she never liked him cuz he was a jerk. a week later he asked me out. i said yes since she broke up with him. She started crying and spreading horrible rumors about me and telling everyone not to be my friend. well it has been about a month and she is over it. I told her i liked another guy. Lets call him "Mike" now she is dating him. she brags all the time and she knows i like him! Mike is my bgf and my crush. im so hurt. i cant tell her because she is a drama queen. she will stir up drama. i cant even look at him noww. Please help!! (sry its so long)

Hey strawberryblonde12, since there's nothing you can do about their relationship, you have to start making yourself feel better. Find things to distract you from them. Talk with friends and introduce yourself to people, so you won't have to sit and watch them at lunch. If you see them in the hallways, go in a different direction to avoid them. Spend more time around your true friends. Search for other things to make yourself feel good. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by strawberryblonde12 on 4/9/2013 6:58:15 PM

"The singer" meant Boy George a singer. I didn't want to say his name because I already wrote something about him because I didn't want to annoy you guys. Meghan D.

by iloveonedirection! on 4/5/2013 8:50:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So next year my school is probably going to do a talent show and I was thinking that my friends and I would sing and dance to a song by a specific artist. I told my mom and I was like " if it's a stupid idea just tell me". Well I told her and the only thing she said was that " why do you keep talking about "the singer" ?". I felt really discouraged by her and I don't really want to talk to her about it. I was thinking about abandoning the whole idea. What should I do?

Hey iloveonedirection!, I don't understand what she meant by "the singer". Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by iloveonedirection! on 4/5/2013 8:43:08 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I have a "BFF" who is really starting to annoy me. I have always known she had a couple of problems with not having a "filter", I guess you would say. She a little violent and (unfortunately really strong) and sometimes pinches or slaps me on the arm - hard. I rarely ever get mad and my other friends have always been there to help me when that happens but for some reason it's escalating. She's called me an idiot or stupid a couple of times- and she wasn't joking- and seems to be really embarrassed when I talk to her in front of "popular" girls. All around, she is jus plain mean. She's not my friend, I see that now, but how can I get away and not hurt her or make her mad enough to gossip and start rumors about me?

Hey halz123, maybe sit her down and explain how you feel. Tell her you feel as if you two are separating and you want to end the friendship. If she gets angry, remain calm and let her know you just wanted to be honest with her. As long as you're clear and gentle, everything should be okay. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by halz123 on 4/5/2013 8:30:22 PM

MODMODMOD I am friends with a girl at school and I've been friends with her for a while. Lately I have been feeling like the third wheel. It kinda bothers me. She always talks about what her plans are and act like I am not even their. How do tell her without making her feel terrible? HELP!

Hey girlie, just bring it up with her and tell her that you're feeling left out. She's not going to change what she's doing if she doesn't know that it upsets you. So be honest with her and get your friend back.
Lauren T.

by Luvdance00 on 3/31/2013 8:26:56 PM

your in a better situation then me my bff almost ignores my half the time. it gets so annoying she spends her time with this girl named Aliya. i was going to go to Aspwn with Quinn (my BFF) but once Aliya came along she invited her instead of me. i was so uppset.

by koolkayla321 on 3/24/2013 10:15:41 PM

MODMODMOD
okay so there is this girl at my school. i have been her sorta friend for about a year anda half now. Around last year we would sometimes play around with each other and do stuff, and one day she dug her nails into my neck and left a mark for about 3 months. I was mad for a while but then i just sorta got over it. I have been friends with her all year long this year, then early in Feb. we were "play fighting" and she dug her nails into my hand and i still have a mark. over spring break i decided not to be her friend, and when i got back she was being really rude and saying mean things to me. and then suddenly she started being really nice to me. I have been nothing but nice to her and all she is is rude. she used to "joke around" and say stuff like "your stupid... jk" but after awhile she stopped saying jk. i dont know what to do.

Hey girlie,

It sounds like your friend might be going through a tough time and has some issues with violence and self-control that you don't want to be around. I would talk to a parent or guidance counselor about the situation for their advice, and try not to engage in "play fighting" or other activities that could trigger violence. If you have to be around her, try to stay in a public place or with other people so there will be less of a chance that she will hurt you. And please talk to a trusted adult about how to handle the situation!

Meghan D.

by radiolovergirl on 3/23/2013 11:37:12 PM

i tend to eat a lot of sugary foods right now like brownies. i have really low self esteem and i'm insecure, and i want to stop eating.
please help.
thank you so much.

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could limit yourself from desserts instead of cutting them out completely and eat them in moderation with healthier foods. If you're eating when you're sad, finding something non food-related that makes you happy would help, like running or reading a good book. If you're still feeling down, I would talk to a parent or guidance counselor about what you're going through!

Meghan D.

by potterjay on 3/23/2013 10:37:21 PM

Hey girlie,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc.

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by potterjay on 3/23/2013 9:40:23 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Is it possible that a 12 yr old might be depressed? What are the symptoms & causes of depression?

hey! I'm not an expert, but some symptoms include tiredness, feelings of hopelessness, lack of interest in things you used to enjoy. I hope you aren't feeling depressed honey! I have a resource here for you to check out:

Depression.com

Depression is one of the most common problems for teenagers today. Help can be found at depression.com, which offers information on understanding depression, treating depression and dealing with depression in everyday life. The site also details how others have recovered from depression, and offers tips in maintaining mental health.

PEER-BASED HELP:

Teenline

Teenline (teenlineonline.org) is hotline staffed by teens from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. PST. (Call 310-855-HOPE or 800-TLC-TEEN; toll-free in California only). The site also offers a Youth Yellow Pages to look up specific resources, 24/7 email, message boards and info on outreach services.

Helen S.