34 MINUTES AGO Looking for your next thriller? Enter to win a copy of Undertow by @SharkProse: http://t.co/FHGFzSDntG

39 MINUTES AGO ✨Wishing all of you lovely GLgirls a very Happy Thanksgiving… now brb while I go smash this turkey like http://t.co/ST2zE75Utb

1 HOURS AGO Which celeb should be at your Thanksgiving table? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/SOWYDAC76v

COMMENTS

GL goes to Washington: What's the deal with Prop 8?

Yesterday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments to determine the constitutionality of Proposition 8, or Prop 8, a California ban on same-sex marriage. Thousands of...

I think: People can't help who they love! Marriage provides legal help. It doesn't effect me, so who cares. I'm a devoted Christian, and I don't see a problem. We should be supporting everyone, no matter what their sexual orientation is.

by seemo2 on 3/29/2013 12:49:43 PM

So this is what our nation has come to...instead of worrying about things like this I believe Congress should be worrying about our national debt and more important matters that could greatly affect future generations.

by vln2723 on 3/29/2013 11:24:28 AM

I think people need to separate personal views from political views. Same-sex marriage is opposed mainly for religious reasons. A lot of people have brought up separation of church and state: this is in the Constitution in the way where the gov. cannot force the worship of any relgion. Essentially, same-sex marriage being illegal is forcing people to conform to a relgion---unconstitutional. YOU don't have to personally be into same-sex marriage b/c of your religion but you can't force others to follow that. And churches should be protected by the 1st amendment, but remember: there's civil union. And the main issue is that the gov. won't recognize same-sex marriage.

by beaversanddandelions44 on 3/29/2013 11:13:16 AM

The bible really shouldn't be used against anyone. I mean, I'm straight, episcopalian, not sure what my church believes, like @sarahlovesbasketball17. @Ralina nobody here is saying God is wrong. And i'll give you something to think about, why did God create homosexuals if He was apparently going to send them straight into hell?

by Foodiejr99 on 3/29/2013 10:50:01 AM

I am a devoted Catholic and I am a 100% supporter of gays and gay marriage. Two of my best friends are gay and one of my best friend's parents are. The laaws that ban gay marriage are made by humans. God didn't come down and say there should be no gay marriage, humans interperated the bible to fit that rule. As we all know humans are, well, VERY IMPERFECT. Anyone can stretch the bible to support their argument and I am always willing to be open minded and listen to everyone's argument but I have my own as well. I could go on and on but I just wanted to ask that if God loves and forgives everyone no matter their race, gender, or even religion; then why is it just gay people are going to hell? sorry about my rant guys! have a wonderful day everyone!

by ssblue on 3/29/2013 10:32:19 AM

Okay, so I'm a Roman Catholic. Right now the church is very concerned about the whole gay marriage thing. Catholics feel that we should respect the right of marriage (which if you don't know is a sacrament in the Catholic church). I am not stating an opinion, but a fact. However, I do not feel that people should be teased or bullied on their sexual orientation. I also think that religious groups should be able to protect their religious freedom.

by lu2rock99 on 3/29/2013 9:45:06 AM

Normally I'd be ok with it, but the Bible SPECIFICALLY says that marriage is between a man and a woman only, and I will always support and make sure I follow the rules in the Bible.

by 1blackat on 3/29/2013 12:15:20 AM

the thing that really makes me angry about this entire issue even BEING an issue is that there is supposed to be a clear seperation between church and state in the united states of america. what i don't understand is why people are using religion as a standing against gay marriage. i have no problem with religion or gay marriage, but i do have a problem with the fact that someone who has biased opinions due to their religion is making laws about who i may or may not marry. and how is allowing two people you don't even know - two complete strangers - to get married going to directly and negatively affect your life and your sense of being. IT'S NOT. the united states is a place that gives us the three basic rights of life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness, and a biased politician making laws about who may or may not marry is taking away all three of those rights to millions of americans being targetted for bigotry because they had the dumb idea that they should love who they love.

by guitargirl7321 on 3/28/2013 11:58:11 PM

The bible also says people shouldn't get divorced, how many people has that stop??

by emroxlol on 3/28/2013 11:26:58 PM

Okay, here's my opinion. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. The bible is not in the government. if you don't want gay marriage, then don't marry someone of the same gender. If you do, and you want to, then go ahead and marry who you like. Simple.

by emroxlol on 3/28/2013 11:24:05 PM