1 HOURS AGO Learning disabilities—the dos and don'ts of telling people: http://t.co/J8jR77O5ux

13 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

16 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

COMMENTS

GL goes to Washington: What's the deal with Prop 8?

Yesterday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments to determine the constitutionality of Proposition 8, or Prop 8, a California ban on same-sex marriage. Thousands of...

I'm a Christian and I'm for it. Why not? I don't see the problem..I mean, once it was illegal to marry an African American in the U.S and we look back at that thinking it was crazy, and in about 30 years we will think the same thing about this. We all know eventually it will be passed!

by Chloe<3 on 3/28/2013 11:08:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!
So my parents won't let me sleepover at my friends house because they're scared I might get molested or something. I've known these people for 3 years and they won't let me sleepover, but they'll let me go to over night retreats and church lock ins! I don't understand how a sleepover is any different than any overnight event. I'm 13 (turning 14) and they still don't trust me enough. It's like they're REALLY over protected and it bothers me so much! I really want to sleepover because I never get invited to events BECAUSE I can't sleepover. I'd really like to, but my parents are just WAY too strict! Please help me.

Hey girlie. I would try having a chat with your parents without whining or begging, and see if you can get them to recognize that you are a capable young adult who knows how and who to turn to for help if a scary situation ever arises. If they still have concerns, though, not being able to sleep over isn't the end of the world. There are still plenty of fun events that you can go to with your friends that don't involve sleeping over. And for the ones that do, see if you can work out a compromise with your parents - they're not letting you sleep over,  so ask them to pick you up late in the evening or when everyone else is getting ready to go to bed.
Florence N.

by megagirrl on 3/28/2013 10:40:02 PM

I'm an Orthodox Christian. I don't think that gay marriage is right, but I won't force my opinions on these people, because everything that a person does is their own choice. My religion never has supported gay marriage and never will, but that doesn't make us snobs. Everyone has their own opinions, and not everyone will see things my way, and not everyone will see things your way.
Now, about the Bible. My personal opinion is that it should be read under guidance of a priest or pastor. It is extremely complicated to understand, and without the proper explanations, I believe that it causes many problems because the concept of what the Bible says is not fully grasped.
I don't profess to be an expert on the Bible or homosexuality, and nothing that I have said should be taken offensively. I stated my opinion on the topic, and on a part of the discussion in the comments. I will respect others' personal beliefs, and I wish mine to be respected as well.

by aislinn120 on 3/28/2013 10:26:39 PM

I am completely for gay marriage, and I don't understand why it isn't legal. While yes the Bible may disagree with, but I do not know a lot about that, either way the U.S. is a secular country and we can not base laws on the Bible. We separate church church and state, and besides religious, there aren't really any other reasons for banning this.

by soph96 on 3/28/2013 9:30:30 PM

I will never understand people. If you take a step back from all of your opinions,what is really there is the entire country having a fit over marriage. Marriage? Seriously? Why is this even a legal issue?

by Jizara on 3/28/2013 9:19:28 PM

@Heathuuuur
I see we are on the same page...

by #1partier on 3/28/2013 9:10:07 PM

Okay, I not going to sit here and argue with you people, even though I know I'm right, but I am going to say that people use the bible as an excuse and that every couple should have the same rights, gay or straight.

by PandaPillowPet on 3/28/2013 8:30:17 PM

@Ralinia: So, if what you're saying is true, God punishes homosexuals, correct? God doesn't punish YOU for being around homosexuals. I'm not seeing how this gives you liberty to dictate how they live their lives. Maybe they don't believe in God. Maybe they don't follow your religion. Maybe they think true love for another person is worth the consequences. If it doesn't affect YOU, don't worry about it. MYOB.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 3/28/2013 8:14:01 PM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club, It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! <3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 3/28/2013 6:21:24 PM

I'm straight, and Episcopalian. To be honest with you, I don't really know what my religion is for. I think, for equal rights, the words "gay", "lesbian", and "bisexual" shouldn't be around. That's my definition. For example, if two people from the same sex get married, it should be "marriage" not "gay marriage". Just like it's a guy and a girl. Right?

by sarahlovesbasketball17 on 3/28/2013 5:34:43 PM