4 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

7 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

8 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

GL goes to Washington: What's the deal with Prop 8?

Yesterday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments to determine the constitutionality of Proposition 8, or Prop 8, a California ban on same-sex marriage. Thousands of...

I think the point people need to consider is that they're trying to choose what SOMEONE ELSE does. Not you. Some other person. I understand the religion issue, but not everyone is religious so you can't force them to follow its rules. There's a great picture I saw recently which said "Saying I can't marry someone b/c of your religion is like knocking a cupcake out of my hand b/c you're on a diet". Churches might be protected from marrying same-sex couples b/c of religious freedom, but as for legality, consider that same-sex marriage will not harm YOU.

by beaversanddandelions44 on 3/28/2013 4:41:23 PM

My religion is against it,and I'm straight, but honestly, I don't see the problem with it! It's their life, they can do what they want. I don't see how someone else's religion/beleifs should affect what other people do with their lives!!! I mean for real. And what if you were gay? I know most of you (if you were against it) would say,"No, that's not ever going to happen!" I said what if! And then You weren't allowed to marry the one you love because of someone you don't even know's beleifs?! That's just cruel. Another thing is love is love, I really don't see the problem.

by actress12345 on 3/28/2013 4:27:04 PM

Love is love. What more needs to be said? It is in nobodys place to make decisions like marriage for other people. I'm christian, but I can't force my religous views onto other people. I'm for same sex marriage and it has nothing to do with the bible.

by lucy143247 on 3/28/2013 2:23:59 PM

SAME SEX MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIPS are so WRONG. No matter what you think, or do or say you will be judged by God at the end of time. Then you'll REALLY find out now won't you! We are telling you now, so listen! The Bible was written by the fingers of God. So you are saying that God doesn't know what He's talking about? WHOA there I will pray for you

by Ralinia on 3/28/2013 2:14:55 PM

PandaPillowPets: Um... Christian literally means follower of (Jesus) Christ. The definition of disciple is 'any follower of Christ'
John 8:31-32 NIV, "Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
If you're going to call yourself a Christian, you have to read His word and follow it. You can't just proclaim, "I'm a Christian because I believe in God!" It doesn't work like that. Becoming a Christian requires you to admit that you have sinned (Romans 3:23 NIV, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God") and that you are in need of a Savior (Romans 6:23 NASB, For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.)
Obviously you're not going to become sinless, but if you rely on your sins for happiness, you're never going to experience the full joy of being a follower of Christ. (Romans 6:1-2)

by heathuuuur on 3/28/2013 2:01:50 PM

I think that every couple should have the same rights, no matter who they are with. People should get a civil union through the state, and then get all the rights that any couple would have. Then, if they want too, they can be married through whatever church will accept them. Church marriage should be different from civil union.

by bunniesrock14 on 3/28/2013 1:39:31 PM

The bible is not outdated,people -_- The things you guys are talking about (not being able to eat pork,shellfish,etc) are from the OLD testament. Also,the one man many wives thing is from a different form of christianity. The girls not being able to wear men's pants is also from the old testament and it does not mean it in the way you girls think. I'm sorry if this sounded mean,just please don't insult our point of view. Let's keep things friendly and respectful Smile

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/28/2013 1:23:27 PM

@PandaPillowPet-The bible IS a guide on living your life. It's supposed to steer you on the right path and help you with troubles along the way.

Personally,I'm not for this,but really,we should be focusing on other things right now.

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/28/2013 1:11:59 PM

This really makes me mad. People are just so ignorant!!! I'm Christian. I'm a girl. I like boys. But that doesn't mean that I think same sex marriage is bad! WHY should you take away someone else's rights because of your own beliefs?? Let people love who they want to love and you can carry on with your own little judgemental lifes. I honestly have NO hope for humanity anymore. WHY are people making same sex marriage such a big deal?! No matter what, people are going to love who they want to love. And no one can stop them. How would you like it if someone told you that you couldn't be with the one you love? It wouldn't feel so good would it??

by Alykat18 on 3/28/2013 12:41:42 PM

@#1partier- The bible is outdated and it does say all those things. And also, the bible is not a guildbook to how you are supposed live your life. You can still be a christian and not follow the bible.
XOXO, Pandapillowpet