12 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

13 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

14 HOURS AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

COMMENTS

GL goes to Washington: What's the deal with Prop 8?

Yesterday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments to determine the constitutionality of Proposition 8, or Prop 8, a California ban on same-sex marriage. Thousands of...

While I understand that a lot of people are very set in their religions and that the Bible is against gay marriage, remember this: the Bible also has instructions for men to sell their daughters into slavery. Best source to look to in an issue like this? Probably not.

by faeryfree on 3/27/2013 8:53:23 PM

I think that's its great that she feels so open about giving her opinion, but really, she should have gotten a report from somebody for, and somebody against Same-Sex marriage, not her own. That tampers with the report!!

by bluegirl80 on 3/27/2013 8:46:29 PM

@raininghippos, I do not believe this is meant to be an unbiased report. The writer is expressing her beliefs on the subject and telling her story. I am completely, 100% for gay marriage. Homosexuals are not second-class citizens, they deserve the same rights as everyone else. ALso, there actually have been no cases in which Catholic priests have been forced to marry gay couples-- it has only been legalized in a few states for a very short time. Please check your sources before you make statements. MARRIAGE EQUALITY!

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 3/27/2013 8:38:34 PM

I really think it shouldn't matter as long as they are in love. I live in Canada and its legal here and I hope they make it legal there too.Girls! If you need advice on fashion, beauty, hair, nails, friends, guys or anything else, come check out my club "Total Princess"!!! I also have two positions open so you could have a chance to become an officer!!! I really hope to see you there Smile

by cupcakecutie325 on 3/27/2013 8:19:26 PM

I'm a Catholic and I have absolutely NOTHING against gays, but I believe in my faith more than anything. If same-sex marriage is legalized and they force Catholic priests to marry gays because they call it discrimination otherwise, then they're making Catholics go against their religion. And there HAS been cases where Catholics were forced to marry gays. That's taking away the freedom of religion.

by tswiftluver13 on 3/27/2013 8:09:45 PM

I'm sorry,but I have to agree with raininghippos :/

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/27/2013 7:31:37 PM

same-sex marriage has been legalized in canada since 2005. idk why the US makes such a big deal of it. Obviously not EVERYONE, most people support same-sex marriage. And tbh, why wouldn't they? Just because YOUR religion goes against it, or YOUR opinion does, doesn't mean everyone should believe the same things as you.

by lipsmackergal5 on 3/27/2013 7:19:51 PM

thanks for being so unbiased in your report. i absolutely can't tell which side you're on.
*please note the sarcasm in the above statement

by raininghippos on 3/27/2013 6:55:57 PM

same sex marriage is not a crime. people should be able to get married or be in love no matter what.

by sammyy99 on 3/27/2013 5:59:54 PM

I'll just be blunt: I'm a Mormon, and we don't support gay-marriage. I'd support Prop. 8, but I still have to remember others values, you know? Not everyone believes that God wants marriage between a man and a woman only. I just hope everyone can still be friends after this. I don't hate gay people, I just have different beliefs.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 3/27/2013 5:48:01 PM