AN HOUR AGO 7 fashion terms you should know going BTS: #WeHeartMakeup http://t.co/RauCFd1QNp

16 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

17 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

COMMENTS

GL goes to Washington: What's the deal with Prop 8?

Yesterday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments to determine the constitutionality of Proposition 8, or Prop 8, a California ban on same-sex marriage. Thousands of...

wow! *sniffle* i thought ignorance was VERY common in humanity. but i geuss the people who are okay with the fact that i am gay and others are too are pretty freakin' smart!
thankyou guys and i don't care who you are, but i love you any ways for supporting my kind.

by sky0515 on 6/1/2013 6:36:49 PM

well then, pandapillowpet, do you eat shrimp? God also says not to eat shrimp. he lets us sin and be forgiven for it. we were meant to sin so jesus can be someone to lean on. if you feel so strongly about all this, who asked you anyways??

by sky0515 on 6/1/2013 6:33:09 PM

@PandaPillowPet: God did not "put gays" here. People BECOME gays through their own will and mind; God can't keep you from doing something wrong. He put normal people on earth, and they grow up to be sinners or having bad reputation; God does not make them evil or sinners; that's satan's doing!
Xoxo

by Ralinia on 5/23/2013 6:43:03 PM

One of my best friends is gay. He is one of the smartest people I know (AP Calc as a freshman, 36 ACT as a freshman, principal flute for the best youth orchestra) and he was so severely bullied that he almost got pulled out of school. I think one of the issues with similar propositions is that people really can't be gay--it's unnatural. Trust me, he would not bring this upon himself if he could choose. I am very much a Christian, but will violating gay people's rights as Americans and treating them poorly tell them what a Christian is? If you don't agree, lead by example--Christians, extremists especially, need to be nice and respectful. If the church respectfully disagrees, then so be it, but targeting these people is not the answer. They can have their own beliefs and the government should not deter them or have any say in what their rights are.

by kiwi116 on 5/20/2013 4:36:32 PM

I have a question to all you with girls that are bible followers and have no mind to think for yourself, if God doesn't want homsexuals here, then why did he put them on earth. Just something to think about
XOXO, Pandapillowpet

by PandaPillowPet on 5/19/2013 9:54:36 AM

I am 100% against any same sex or bi stuff. The Bible specifically tells us that it's wrong. I'm sure these people can be nice, but what they r doing is WRONG. You're saying God Himself doesn't know what He's talking about? WHOA THERE I will pray for you.

by ralinia on 5/18/2013 12:34:28 PM

people should be allowed to marry who they want, regardless of their sexuality. the bible doesnt even really say anything about gay marriage (except in leviticus once, but when jesus was crucified he made it so that people wouldnt have to follow leviticus). even then, marriage predates christianity, and the bible often promotes polygamy (since that was popular in that era), which is illegal in this day and age. traditional marriage wasn't even that great (give me, a 40 year-old man, your 12 year-old daughter and ill give you this goat), and the traditions varied from culture to culture.

by dilquius on 5/14/2013 8:48:42 PM

oh my gosh some of these comments are so argh! being gay same sex marriage
is NOT a sin god doesn't favor straight people over gays and gay people are not sining gosh
some of you guys make it sound like it's the most disgusting thing on earth it's 2013 not 1903
my moms brother my uncle is gay and married to a another man my sister is a lesbian and has a really nice girlfriend there are bi and lesbian users on here and you guys are posting comments
saying that being gay is a sin and god will help you get passed your sins really?! do you know how these users are gonna feel when they see these comments awful comments like these make lesbians and bi users feel awful about themselves the only REAL sins are murder rape greed lust
affairs and cheating is a big sin when your married you should not have a relationship with another man or woman

by redvelvetluv on 4/30/2013 8:43:16 PM

Whatever happened to separation of church and state? People should be able to marry who they love, and the bible shouldn't have an affect on the law. Same-sex marriage is mostly opposed for religious reasons, and those religious reasons should not have an affect on the law. Not allowing people to marry who they love is discrimination. Straight, gay, lesbian, or bi we all deserve the same rights.

by Bluestar479 on 3/29/2013 6:53:01 PM

@vln2723-I totally agree.

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/29/2013 1:55:18 PM

I think: People can't help who they love! Marriage provides legal help. It doesn't effect me, so who cares. I'm a devoted Christian, and I don't see a problem. We should be supporting everyone, no matter what their sexual orientation is.

by seemo2 on 3/29/2013 12:49:43 PM

So this is what our nation has come to...instead of worrying about things like this I believe Congress should be worrying about our national debt and more important matters that could greatly affect future generations.

by vln2723 on 3/29/2013 11:24:28 AM

I think people need to separate personal views from political views. Same-sex marriage is opposed mainly for religious reasons. A lot of people have brought up separation of church and state: this is in the Constitution in the way where the gov. cannot force the worship of any relgion. Essentially, same-sex marriage being illegal is forcing people to conform to a relgion---unconstitutional. YOU don't have to personally be into same-sex marriage b/c of your religion but you can't force others to follow that. And churches should be protected by the 1st amendment, but remember: there's civil union. And the main issue is that the gov. won't recognize same-sex marriage.

by beaversanddandelions44 on 3/29/2013 11:13:16 AM

The bible really shouldn't be used against anyone. I mean, I'm straight, episcopalian, not sure what my church believes, like @sarahlovesbasketball17. @Ralina nobody here is saying God is wrong. And i'll give you something to think about, why did God create homosexuals if He was apparently going to send them straight into hell?

by Foodiejr99 on 3/29/2013 10:50:01 AM

I am a devoted Catholic and I am a 100% supporter of gays and gay marriage. Two of my best friends are gay and one of my best friend's parents are. The laaws that ban gay marriage are made by humans. God didn't come down and say there should be no gay marriage, humans interperated the bible to fit that rule. As we all know humans are, well, VERY IMPERFECT. Anyone can stretch the bible to support their argument and I am always willing to be open minded and listen to everyone's argument but I have my own as well. I could go on and on but I just wanted to ask that if God loves and forgives everyone no matter their race, gender, or even religion; then why is it just gay people are going to hell? sorry about my rant guys! have a wonderful day everyone!

by ssblue on 3/29/2013 10:32:19 AM

Okay, so I'm a Roman Catholic. Right now the church is very concerned about the whole gay marriage thing. Catholics feel that we should respect the right of marriage (which if you don't know is a sacrament in the Catholic church). I am not stating an opinion, but a fact. However, I do not feel that people should be teased or bullied on their sexual orientation. I also think that religious groups should be able to protect their religious freedom.

by lu2rock99 on 3/29/2013 9:45:06 AM

Normally I'd be ok with it, but the Bible SPECIFICALLY says that marriage is between a man and a woman only, and I will always support and make sure I follow the rules in the Bible.

by 1blackat on 3/29/2013 12:15:20 AM

the thing that really makes me angry about this entire issue even BEING an issue is that there is supposed to be a clear seperation between church and state in the united states of america. what i don't understand is why people are using religion as a standing against gay marriage. i have no problem with religion or gay marriage, but i do have a problem with the fact that someone who has biased opinions due to their religion is making laws about who i may or may not marry. and how is allowing two people you don't even know - two complete strangers - to get married going to directly and negatively affect your life and your sense of being. IT'S NOT. the united states is a place that gives us the three basic rights of life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness, and a biased politician making laws about who may or may not marry is taking away all three of those rights to millions of americans being targetted for bigotry because they had the dumb idea that they should love who they love.

by guitargirl7321 on 3/28/2013 11:58:11 PM

by emroxlol on 3/28/2013 11:26:58 PM

Okay, here's my opinion. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. The bible is not in the government. if you don't want gay marriage, then don't marry someone of the same gender. If you do, and you want to, then go ahead and marry who you like. Simple.

by emroxlol on 3/28/2013 11:24:05 PM

I'm a Christian and I'm for it. Why not? I don't see the problem..I mean, once it was illegal to marry an African American in the U.S and we look back at that thinking it was crazy, and in about 30 years we will think the same thing about this. We all know eventually it will be passed!

by Chloe<3 on 3/28/2013 11:08:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!
So my parents won't let me sleepover at my friends house because they're scared I might get molested or something. I've known these people for 3 years and they won't let me sleepover, but they'll let me go to over night retreats and church lock ins! I don't understand how a sleepover is any different than any overnight event. I'm 13 (turning 14) and they still don't trust me enough. It's like they're REALLY over protected and it bothers me so much! I really want to sleepover because I never get invited to events BECAUSE I can't sleepover. I'd really like to, but my parents are just WAY too strict! Please help me.

Hey girlie. I would try having a chat with your parents without whining or begging, and see if you can get them to recognize that you are a capable young adult who knows how and who to turn to for help if a scary situation ever arises. If they still have concerns, though, not being able to sleep over isn't the end of the world. There are still plenty of fun events that you can go to with your friends that don't involve sleeping over. And for the ones that do, see if you can work out a compromise with your parents - they're not letting you sleep over,  so ask them to pick you up late in the evening or when everyone else is getting ready to go to bed.
Florence N.

by megagirrl on 3/28/2013 10:40:02 PM

I'm an Orthodox Christian. I don't think that gay marriage is right, but I won't force my opinions on these people, because everything that a person does is their own choice. My religion never has supported gay marriage and never will, but that doesn't make us snobs. Everyone has their own opinions, and not everyone will see things my way, and not everyone will see things your way.
Now, about the Bible. My personal opinion is that it should be read under guidance of a priest or pastor. It is extremely complicated to understand, and without the proper explanations, I believe that it causes many problems because the concept of what the Bible says is not fully grasped.
I don't profess to be an expert on the Bible or homosexuality, and nothing that I have said should be taken offensively. I stated my opinion on the topic, and on a part of the discussion in the comments. I will respect others' personal beliefs, and I wish mine to be respected as well.

by aislinn120 on 3/28/2013 10:26:39 PM

I am completely for gay marriage, and I don't understand why it isn't legal. While yes the Bible may disagree with, but I do not know a lot about that, either way the U.S. is a secular country and we can not base laws on the Bible. We separate church church and state, and besides religious, there aren't really any other reasons for banning this.

by soph96 on 3/28/2013 9:30:30 PM

I will never understand people. If you take a step back from all of your opinions,what is really there is the entire country having a fit over marriage. Marriage? Seriously? Why is this even a legal issue?

by Jizara on 3/28/2013 9:19:28 PM

@Heathuuuur
I see we are on the same page...

by #1partier on 3/28/2013 9:10:07 PM

Okay, I not going to sit here and argue with you people, even though I know I'm right, but I am going to say that people use the bible as an excuse and that every couple should have the same rights, gay or straight.

by PandaPillowPet on 3/28/2013 8:30:17 PM

@Ralinia: So, if what you're saying is true, God punishes homosexuals, correct? God doesn't punish YOU for being around homosexuals. I'm not seeing how this gives you liberty to dictate how they live their lives. Maybe they don't believe in God. Maybe they don't follow your religion. Maybe they think true love for another person is worth the consequences. If it doesn't affect YOU, don't worry about it. MYOB.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 3/28/2013 8:14:01 PM

Hey GL chicas! Check out my club, It's all about Fashion and Beauty!!! We have advice for any fashion/beauty sitch. Please check it out girlies! <3 Fashion and Beauty Crew

by nazirah817 on 3/28/2013 6:21:24 PM

I'm straight, and Episcopalian. To be honest with you, I don't really know what my religion is for. I think, for equal rights, the words "gay", "lesbian", and "bisexual" shouldn't be around. That's my definition. For example, if two people from the same sex get married, it should be "marriage" not "gay marriage". Just like it's a guy and a girl. Right?

by sarahlovesbasketball17 on 3/28/2013 5:34:43 PM

I think the point people need to consider is that they're trying to choose what SOMEONE ELSE does. Not you. Some other person. I understand the religion issue, but not everyone is religious so you can't force them to follow its rules. There's a great picture I saw recently which said "Saying I can't marry someone b/c of your religion is like knocking a cupcake out of my hand b/c you're on a diet". Churches might be protected from marrying same-sex couples b/c of religious freedom, but as for legality, consider that same-sex marriage will not harm YOU.

by beaversanddandelions44 on 3/28/2013 4:41:23 PM

My religion is against it,and I'm straight, but honestly, I don't see the problem with it! It's their life, they can do what they want. I don't see how someone else's religion/beleifs should affect what other people do with their lives!!! I mean for real. And what if you were gay? I know most of you (if you were against it) would say,"No, that's not ever going to happen!" I said what if! And then You weren't allowed to marry the one you love because of someone you don't even know's beleifs?! That's just cruel. Another thing is love is love, I really don't see the problem.

by actress12345 on 3/28/2013 4:27:04 PM

Love is love. What more needs to be said? It is in nobodys place to make decisions like marriage for other people. I'm christian, but I can't force my religous views onto other people. I'm for same sex marriage and it has nothing to do with the bible.

by lucy143247 on 3/28/2013 2:23:59 PM

SAME SEX MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIPS are so WRONG. No matter what you think, or do or say you will be judged by God at the end of time. Then you'll REALLY find out now won't you! We are telling you now, so listen! The Bible was written by the fingers of God. So you are saying that God doesn't know what He's talking about? WHOA there I will pray for you

by Ralinia on 3/28/2013 2:14:55 PM

PandaPillowPets: Um... Christian literally means follower of (Jesus) Christ. The definition of disciple is 'any follower of Christ'
John 8:31-32 NIV, "Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
If you're going to call yourself a Christian, you have to read His word and follow it. You can't just proclaim, "I'm a Christian because I believe in God!" It doesn't work like that. Becoming a Christian requires you to admit that you have sinned (Romans 3:23 NIV, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God") and that you are in need of a Savior (Romans 6:23 NASB, For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.)
Obviously you're not going to become sinless, but if you rely on your sins for happiness, you're never going to experience the full joy of being a follower of Christ. (Romans 6:1-2)

by heathuuuur on 3/28/2013 2:01:50 PM

I think that every couple should have the same rights, no matter who they are with. People should get a civil union through the state, and then get all the rights that any couple would have. Then, if they want too, they can be married through whatever church will accept them. Church marriage should be different from civil union.

by bunniesrock14 on 3/28/2013 1:39:31 PM

The bible is not outdated,people -_- The things you guys are talking about (not being able to eat pork,shellfish,etc) are from the OLD testament. Also,the one man many wives thing is from a different form of christianity. The girls not being able to wear men's pants is also from the old testament and it does not mean it in the way you girls think. I'm sorry if this sounded mean,just please don't insult our point of view. Let's keep things friendly and respectful Smile

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/28/2013 1:23:27 PM

@PandaPillowPet-The bible IS a guide on living your life. It's supposed to steer you on the right path and help you with troubles along the way.

Personally,I'm not for this,but really,we should be focusing on other things right now.

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/28/2013 1:11:59 PM

This really makes me mad. People are just so ignorant!!! I'm Christian. I'm a girl. I like boys. But that doesn't mean that I think same sex marriage is bad! WHY should you take away someone else's rights because of your own beliefs?? Let people love who they want to love and you can carry on with your own little judgemental lifes. I honestly have NO hope for humanity anymore. WHY are people making same sex marriage such a big deal?! No matter what, people are going to love who they want to love. And no one can stop them. How would you like it if someone told you that you couldn't be with the one you love? It wouldn't feel so good would it??

by Alykat18 on 3/28/2013 12:41:42 PM

@#1partier- The bible is outdated and it does say all those things. And also, the bible is not a guildbook to how you are supposed live your life. You can still be a christian and not follow the bible.
XOXO, Pandapillowpet

by PandaPillowPet on 3/28/2013 12:09:32 PM

I'm for man and woman.

by #1partier on 3/28/2013 11:59:31 AM

@PandaPillowPets
What make you feel you have the power to say the Bible is "outdated". That is how you are supposed to live no matter what year. And I don't know what you have been reading but the Bible never in courage's men to be with multiple women... and Please tell me where in the Bible it say "Thou shall not wear pants for it is a sin"...Matthew 15 says that all food are clean for when Christ died it purified it. God created animals for us to eat (1 Timothy 4:1-5)
~ Abbs

by #1partier on 3/28/2013 11:59:04 AM

Sorry I am against it, my religion does not think it is right. GL you made it really obvi which side ya'll are on... Some of ya'll are saying how would you feel if you weren't allowed to love a man you did... Well that is how it is supposed to be... Sorry if this offends some of you guys.

by #1partier on 3/28/2013 11:49:33 AM

I'm really happy that this article is on here. I think girls should get involved with politics at a younger age. I also really like that this article is biased. It lets me know that the website I really like is also on my side. I'm 100% on the side of the gays and I'm so sick of people using the bible against them. I mean I know I'm not the only one that has noticed that the bible is outdated. I mean, c'mon- do not eat pork, shellfish, do not wear pants, one husband+ many wives, man& his female prisoner. People should stop using the bible just to make excuses on why they don't want something, like the ban on gay marriage lifted. Gays are still people, why don't we start treating them like it.
XOXO, Pandapillowpet

by PandaPillowPet on 3/28/2013 10:26:33 AM

MOD!!!MOD!!MOD!!!

Hey Girl, I'm not sure I can answer that because of our young readers. Sorry

Hannah H.
Hannah H.

by Prim on 3/28/2013 6:46:56 AM

Age appropriate? Let's go with maturity level. grade 5's and 6's shouldn't be reading this anyways unless they're mature enough - which 99% of them aren't. As for terrorism, you in the U.S get terrorized SO MUCH don't you? How many reports have we heard such as 9-11 in the last ten years? What other side is there to this story? To sum it up, the U.S government in California makes same-sex marriage legal and now are debating whether to abolish it or not. In that case, let's abolish black and white marriage also. What does it matter what ANOTHER PERSON CHOOSES TO DO WITH THEIR BODY? There should NOT be an issue over there in the States.

by SnowyShimmer on 3/28/2013 12:59:07 AM

I fully support same sex marriage. Do you see gays and lesbians telling us that we can't marry people they can't marry people of opposite sex? No, I didn't think so. I think any body should be allowed to love whoever they want to love freely and without harassment. The Supreme Court should not out law same sex marriage in California or anywhere.

by Jellygirly on 3/27/2013 11:36:13 PM

People just need to get over themselves. Whatever your opinion is, I'm not going to hate on you for it. But you need to respect others as well. Just because someone doesn't believe in it, that doesn't mean that they hate gays, that's just how they were raised. I personally think if that's who you love, it's who you love, I'm not going to mess with it. I believe in the Bible, I'm a faithful Christian and even though it said this was a 'sin', it also said girls aren't allowed to wear men clothes-pants. And look where we are now!

by emmasmith on 3/27/2013 11:31:28 PM

I think the Supreme Court should overturn Prop 8 and DOMA. I'm in favor of gay marriage. Churches shouldn't be forced to marry gay couples, but civil marriage should be open to gay couples in my opinion. I understand that it goes against some people's religious beliefs, but the bottom line is that the US government isn't in existence to uphold anyone's religious beliefs. If you don't believe in it, then fine for you, but you can't expect everyone to live your beliefs.

by supersingershannon on 3/27/2013 11:30:47 PM

I think if they wanna get Married, that's there Choice, but they'll still be held accountable for it by God.

by Allison6 on 3/27/2013 11:26:45 PM

I respect everyone who say gay marriage should be legal. I'm Catholic, and I hope you respect my opinion. The Catholic church does not allow gay marriage, nor do we support it, but we certainly believe in respecting everyone, including gays. I'm just thinking, if children shouldn't know what gay means, would it be appropriate for them to see gay couples in public? I think legalizing it would support even more gay couples.
One comment asked why does this matter? Isn't it good enough to love someone? It's not like you have to marry because there are many couples live together who are not married, right? While that is true, marriage commits a couple for life. I believe a couple lives together unmarried because they don't want to feel the commitments. It's much easier to just break up than divorce and go through all this paperwork, etc. Today most married couples end up divorcing. Doesn't this all sound a little twisted?All throughout history, marriage celebrated a couples love forever...

by alexia_directioner<3 on 3/27/2013 11:25:27 PM

DO YOU LOVE DAVID ARCHULETA? Please join this fan club. It would honestly mean the world to me: http://www.girlslife.com/Club.aspx?id=11905

by myfatsquirrel on 3/27/2013 11:24:22 PM

@HockeyLuver That is true, you can love someone and not be married. But there are many rights that only legally married couples can have, like receiving specific benefits in government programs or next-of-kin status in case of emergencies (Meaning they can make end of life decisions for their spouse), and many of us believe that these rights should be available to same-sex couples. I'm 14 and I support marriage equality wholeheartedly, and I think my friends should be able to marry whoever they want since everyone should make their own decisions when it comes to their love lives, and we have no right to interfere with that. And there's the fact that religion does NOT belong in politics and the church and state should be separate. However I think GL should be more careful about posting such stories in the since so many people feel so strongly about it, and disagreements can often get pretty ugly for a site geared to such a young audience.

by crystal904 on 3/27/2013 10:52:15 PM

The Bible also states that everyone is equal and no one is better than another. So yeah...
And also, it's just plain D-I-S-C-R-I-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N. I hate to break it to you (not really). I mean, I don't believe in the Mormon religion, but that doesn't mean I won't treat them like dirt or anything like that. Can't we just all leave each other alone? Why do we have to fight it? Why must we all interfere in each other's lives? But most importantly, quit it with the "God hates you" stuff.
I'm sorry that I believe in equality for everyone. (Not really)

Refer to "Imagine" by John Lennon. He'll explain everything...

by fungirl123 on 3/27/2013 10:02:09 PM

I don't understand why people care who marries who! People should be able to marry who they love. The bible also says people shouldn't get divorced, how many people has that stop?? We need to get rid of prop 8 forever!!!!

by alamedaelizabeth on 3/27/2013 10:00:35 PM

I support gay marriage. I don't understand why people think that it's such a big deal, like, ooh, that kids gay, eww! Like no! Love is love. Last time I checked, love isn't a crime

by Foodiejr99 on 3/27/2013 9:34:42 PM

While I believe we should all voice our opinions, I'm really disgusted with how people (especially the media) seem to be totally biased. I mean really, when was the last time you heard a popular teen celebrity OPPOSE gay marriage? As a Christian myself, I believe the Bible. Although it does say gay relationships are wrong, it also says to LOVE people and not to judge. I'm tired of hearing how conservatives ( those that are Christians) are snobby rich people that make judgements. A true Christian does not judge people! We are told by Jesus to help the poor and needy and love everyone, something Christians aren't known for anymore. Frown I'd just like to see a little more respect for us Christians in the media instead of looking hateful, that's all.

by AHorseOfCourse on 3/27/2013 9:31:25 PM

I'm a Roman Catholic and I still believe in equality! What I don't like, is that people automatically assume I'm against gays, abortion, etc. just because I believe in God. They call US closeminded when really, THEY are! I mean, do unto others as you have them do unto you. If we don't shove our religion down your throats, then there should be no reason for you to shove what you believe in down our throats. For me, it doesn't matter what race, religion or sexuality you are; if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you.

by Blushing-Beauty on 3/27/2013 9:31:24 PM

I really don't think this should have been posted on here. This is a very biased report in that it doesn't talk about both side equally. As I took it, this was suppose to be more informational than someone's opinion. I also think, whatever your beliefs are, that there are young girls on here that wot understand this and it's not very age appropriate for some of them. Also, I think this article is just asking for people to start arguing, so much has been brought up over this issue and we as citizens are seeing it everywhere. Why bring a serious issue on to GL's site, that is usually so lighthearted and fun, when people on both sides of the issue are already so fired up?? I totally respect everyone's opinion, I myself am not sure what I believe, but this isn't something to bring onto girlslife.com in my opinion. Especially an argument that doesn't equally address both sides.

by Pifi1997 on 3/27/2013 9:09:46 PM

What I don't understand is why something like this even matters we have more important matters like the fiscal cliff and terrorism. Really I think our minds should be on those matters rather than same sex marriage, I mean if the people really love each other why do they have to be married, isn't loving each other enough, a lot of couples that are male and female don't get married but are couples for a long time so why does it matter?

by HockeyLuver on 3/27/2013 8:54:20 PM

While I understand that a lot of people are very set in their religions and that the Bible is against gay marriage, remember this: the Bible also has instructions for men to sell their daughters into slavery. Best source to look to in an issue like this? Probably not.

by faeryfree on 3/27/2013 8:53:23 PM

I think that's its great that she feels so open about giving her opinion, but really, she should have gotten a report from somebody for, and somebody against Same-Sex marriage, not her own. That tampers with the report!!

by bluegirl80 on 3/27/2013 8:46:29 PM

@raininghippos, I do not believe this is meant to be an unbiased report. The writer is expressing her beliefs on the subject and telling her story. I am completely, 100% for gay marriage. Homosexuals are not second-class citizens, they deserve the same rights as everyone else. ALso, there actually have been no cases in which Catholic priests have been forced to marry gay couples-- it has only been legalized in a few states for a very short time. Please check your sources before you make statements. MARRIAGE EQUALITY!

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 3/27/2013 8:38:34 PM

I really think it shouldn't matter as long as they are in love. I live in Canada and its legal here and I hope they make it legal there too.Girls! If you need advice on fashion, beauty, hair, nails, friends, guys or anything else, come check out my club "Total Princess"!!! I also have two positions open so you could have a chance to become an officer!!! I really hope to see you there Smile

by cupcakecutie325 on 3/27/2013 8:19:26 PM

I'm a Catholic and I have absolutely NOTHING against gays, but I believe in my faith more than anything. If same-sex marriage is legalized and they force Catholic priests to marry gays because they call it discrimination otherwise, then they're making Catholics go against their religion. And there HAS been cases where Catholics were forced to marry gays. That's taking away the freedom of religion.

by tswiftluver13 on 3/27/2013 8:09:45 PM

I'm sorry,but I have to agree with raininghippos :/

by iluvmusic♥ on 3/27/2013 7:31:37 PM

same-sex marriage has been legalized in canada since 2005. idk why the US makes such a big deal of it. Obviously not EVERYONE, most people support same-sex marriage. And tbh, why wouldn't they? Just because YOUR religion goes against it, or YOUR opinion does, doesn't mean everyone should believe the same things as you.

by lipsmackergal5 on 3/27/2013 7:19:51 PM

thanks for being so unbiased in your report. i absolutely can't tell which side you're on.
*please note the sarcasm in the above statement

by raininghippos on 3/27/2013 6:55:57 PM

same sex marriage is not a crime. people should be able to get married or be in love no matter what.

by sammyy99 on 3/27/2013 5:59:54 PM

I'll just be blunt: I'm a Mormon, and we don't support gay-marriage. I'd support Prop. 8, but I still have to remember others values, you know? Not everyone believes that God wants marriage between a man and a woman only. I just hope everyone can still be friends after this. I don't hate gay people, I just have different beliefs.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 3/27/2013 5:48:01 PM

hahaha.there's no crime in love,even gay love.

by hot mess on 3/27/2013 5:06:46 PM