Bridget M.

is modding

2 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

5 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

6 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

Just shaved my legs, but I'm still seeing roots!

Whenever I shave my legs, I can always see the roots right afterward. My legs are smooth and all, but I hate the way it...

I want to start shaving my legs, but my mom won't let me yet. I'm 12 years old and a little self-conscious about my legs because I have dark brown hair. The main reason my mom won't let me shave is because she thinks if I start too early, then the hair will keep growing back faster and faster, and it might get to the point where I have to shave every day. Can that really happen? Also, what can I say to convince my mom to let me start shaving? Thanks!

Hey allypie, when you start shaving you have to keep up with it anyway, maybe not everyday but at least weekly. I shave my legs every week or a little after 7 days. Maybe explain to her how self conscious you are about your leg hair. Remind her that it's summer time and you want to show your legs but not if they have forests on them lol. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by allypie on 8/19/2013 12:03:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So im 14 and i don't shave. I am really insecure about my legs bc i have brown hair. My mom is ok with me shaving but i'm afraid to. I have a dance recital this week and it will look better if i do my legs (and possibly under my arms). I'm just so nervous and idk why! What can i do to calm myself? thanks!

Hey girlie! Don't worry! If you're too afraid to shave (understandable, razors can be a little frightening), there are plenty of other options. Try using Veet or Nair to remove the hair! Just read the instructions on the box. You put on a cream, wait a few minutes, and when you rinse it off, the hair is gone. Painless and simple, and perfect if you don't want to use a razor just yet. HOWEVER, avoid doing it the day before. Try doing it a few days in advance to make sure it works and you don't have an allergic reaction. xx

Hannah M

by hmeyer on 6/5/2013 12:27:35 AM

My mom also doesn't want me to shave until I need 2. I'm twelve, and have light blond hair. The hair on my legs are fairly short, blond with a little light brown mixed in. She doesn't want me to shave until I have longer, darker hairs. But if you're blond, do you ever get those kind of hairs? My mom is kinda awk on these subjects, and is strict on the "only if you need to." rule. What do I do? All my friends shave. I've asked my mom again and again, and have even sat down to talk to her calmly. She told me calmly that I shouldn't until I was older, until I needed to. Does it sound like a good time, or is my hair too light right now? Thanks!!

by lil'beautylover27 on 5/26/2013 11:48:04 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
how old were you when you started shaving your legs??what age do you think is average.
thanks

Hey olivia19, I was in 7th grade when I first shaved, though it wasn't until I was in 8th grade that I started doing it regularly. I guess middle and high school are average times to start shaving. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by olivia19 on 5/21/2013 2:03:13 PM

Mod Mod Mod How can I ask my mom if I can start shaving my legs? Ive asked before but she said no. And since Im not tan yet, you can see the hair on my legs. Please help me

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by Nialler_4_ever on 5/2/2013 7:51:40 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Okay so I have a few questions. One is the ends of my hair get really dry by the end of the day, i don't think it's dead what should I do. Also you can see my veins like every where, my face, arms, leg, chest what should I do, I also bruise easily. Last question, I'm really skinny, but I'm starting to gain weight but it doesn't seem to show any and I sort of look like a stick, but i don't really care I just want to be healthy what should I eat?
Thanks!

Hey girlie, for you hair, try a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that is made specifically for dry hair. For the rest, talk to your doctor. Ask about the veins and the bruising to see if there's something you can do to prevent it.

Lauren T.

by archeology on 4/28/2013 7:43:54 PM

mod mod modok so i just started to shave 3 weeks ago on tuesday i started out shaving once a week and then after 2 times the the 3rd time i had to shave only 3 days after and then last time i shaved 2 days after and its only been one day after and i haft to shave today is this normal

Hey girl, yeah, hair grows pretty quickly!  But keep in mind that you never "have to" shave.  It's nice to give your legs a lil' break sometimes.

Karin E.

by 2cute03 on 4/18/2013 10:59:27 AM

So my mother doesn't want me to shave my legs until I "need to." I do understand her reasoning, it's just that I feel really insecure with my legs, especially with shorts season coming up. How can I convince her to let me shave me legs?

Hey girl, have a sit down with her. Let her know that you think it's definitely time for you to shave your legs and it's making you self conscious with summer coming up. She should definitely understand!

lauren r.

by SILly0905 on 3/30/2013 9:09:45 AM

Mod Mod Mod I am so insecure about myself. At this point, I see literally ANY GIRL and I feel upset because I think she's prettier than me. It's even worse when I am online, because on all these websites there are hundreds of pretty girls and gorgeous celebrities. I just don't know what to do. I hate seeing literally EVERY GIRL and thinking she's prettier than I am, no matter what she looks like.

Hey girlie! Try this exercise: sit down with a pen and paper, and think about the thing you like most about yourself. It can be anything - a body part, a part of your personality, something that you do. Write it down. And then write down the reasons why you like it. Catalogue at least one thing every day, and soon you'll realize that you have absolutely no reason to be insecure.
Florence N.

by MusicIsLove123 on 3/29/2013 10:55:33 AM

My hair grows back about 2 hours after I shave....a lot of it has to do with your genes.

by pinklol56 on 3/29/2013 8:43:30 AM