1 HOURS AGO He canceled on her to hit the movies with someone else–what would you do? http://t.co/iquGB2KiUL

2 HOURS AGO This original poem gives us all a new look at love: http://t.co/0zr0C7Xxma

3 HOURS AGO One lucky #grandprize winner bags a bunch of fab fall fashion from @JouJou_Jeans at @Nordstrom: http://t.co/HYsw4n4QDN

COMMENTS

School cancels coolest after school program ever after parents complain

Here's a test: Would you rather sign up for an after school program called "Exploratory Reading" or "Zombie Apocalypse Survival"? If you're siding with the...

My writing teacher made an after school activity for fan-fiction writing to make writing easier and more fun!Smile

by ElliMichael on 4/30/2013 5:47:03 PM

Hey girls. Do you need advice on boys, fashion, beauty, mean girls, and just about anything? I know you do. I also know that you'll love @fawn4ever 's club Advice*4*Teens. You'll love it. You can ask any question about ANYTHING and our experts will answer them. All positions are open except for secretary, so come on in Smile

by alexandrah99 on 4/4/2013 10:55:52 AM

In 7th grade language arts, you have to write a short story, and guess what I wrote about? GLOWING PURPLE ZOMBIE ATTACKS!

by lol1029 on 4/3/2013 11:08:20 PM

Ugh, if kids wanna write about zombies then let the kids write about zombies. I watch the walking dead with my mom and she likes apocalyptic stuff because it makes her think about her life values and morals. Yes, kenzi143, it's higher level thinking. The parents should just let the kids write and if they think it's too violent, don't let your own kids join. I hope the zombie fans create some kind of underground zombie fan-fiction club. Lol, that would be cool. Take that parents!

by Glitterheart16 on 4/3/2013 12:21:05 AM

I wouldn't complain. Why create false advertising for a club made entirely by students? The students will know. Everyone will know. No use trying to change the name to something lame. Does that sound cool to you? Exploratory Reading? Think about that.

by transform2314 on 4/2/2013 11:00:19 PM

I think that would be a fun, exciting experience, but I can still see how parents would be concerned.

by 8nola8 on 4/2/2013 9:50:18 PM

Hmmm, and to think america is a free country.

by julybaby01 on 4/2/2013 8:46:02 PM

It sounds fun! Why complain?

by myfatsquirrel on 4/2/2013 7:45:06 PM

Ok first off,thats really awesome! the idea of a zombie apocalypse survival class is really awesome!!!And it gets the students reading and about something they like!!!why would the parents complian!!!the school system is responsable enough to monitor the violence the students read.To me,the parents are totally over reacting!!!!!

by bking62 on 4/2/2013 7:41:37 PM

Hey Darlings! Do you love style? Do you like to stand out? Are you the girl in your class who ventures beyond the leggings, ugg boots, and Northface uniform? Then the club, Stand Out is definitely for you! Smile We will post all about style, hair, and beauty, and offer great advice. Hope to see you there! Smile <3High Tops

by High Tops FTW on 4/2/2013 4:48:50 PM

Hey girls! Need help finding outfits for your first day of school or your first date? Just finished cramming the night before and look terrible? Check out Fashion ASAP and get advice on your skin, body, hair, nail how-to's, makeup and awesome outfits here that fit your taste and style! We will help you with your problems ASAP (usually within 24 hours) and you'll receive fabulous answers! Smile <3High Tops

by High Tops FTW on 4/2/2013 4:48:34 PM

Wow I thought this was a free country.... I guess they have to ban child halloween costumes,too. >Frown

by lemondancer18 on 4/2/2013 4:29:09 PM

It doesn't matter if you don't care about the club, what they did was a perfect example of how censorship can ruin just about anything. Think about it, the club is a READING AND WRITING club.

by WhiteStripe3 on 4/2/2013 3:36:48 PM

I'm not a big fan of zombies and I would never join this club, but i think it's a little ridiculous that parents complained.

by teadancer on 4/2/2013 3:18:29 PM

Hello Everyone
I have a fitness club on my page about looking good in a bikini this summer! So please look at it and join! WE POST DAILY!
xoxoxo- Rachel

by *GingerForev* on 4/2/2013 3:12:40 PM

This kind of thing happens to me all the time. There is this one girl whose mom doesn't let her do or watch anything even the tiniest bit adult like. She couldn't watch marley and me, or this movie about the holocaust. It bugs me everytime it happens, I think that if a parent doesn't like something, then just have it so that their kid doesn't watch/do/be a part of. That makes more sense to me... just sayin'

by animallover0 on 4/2/2013 10:14:23 AM

Guess I'm not part of the majority, I selected Exploratory Reading.

I love reading rather than play COD on my Xbox (which i do have) ...

by Kikikim8 on 4/2/2013 9:14:51 AM

Who cares that ths club was cancelled? Geez...

by LittleUsagiTewi on 4/2/2013 12:57:47 AM

I think any theme involving the supernatural could work. I would want to go to any after school program that was interesting, helpful, and fun.

by supersingershannon on 4/1/2013 11:58:44 PM

Ewww I don't like zombies. Why does everyone love them? D:

by justrainbowz on 4/1/2013 11:34:13 PM

Dude I'm deathly afraid of zombies. Not the game the games are pretty cool but i hate the movies and the books. They freak the awesome out of me.

by akaprincess on 4/1/2013 11:14:22 PM

huh. This was at my friend's school

by auslly123 on 4/1/2013 9:15:51 PM

I don't really like the whole zombie thing. It's just another Hollywood movie trend. I would sign up for a class with a title similar to Artistic Arts. Reading and writing are like a big painting. My friends and I love exploring the arts and the diversity of them.

by Radieal on 4/1/2013 9:11:49 PM

I would want an after school program about being an adult, where people could teach me how to pay taxes, how to pump gas, and all that adult stuff that I know nothing about. Now that would be nice! ^^

by susiemoocow on 4/1/2013 8:28:26 PM

This is just ridiculous! Post-apocalyptic media is one of the largest movie and television franchises in the nation! Teaching kids to write and think critically about subjects and how to survive is an amazing idea for higher level thinking. Shame on you parents. Why not just ask for the child to be taken out of the class instead of ruining the chances and beliefs of other families? ALL THEY WANTED TO DO WAS WRITE ABOUT ZOMBIES D:

by kenzi143 on 4/1/2013 7:56:02 PM

I think that would be cool... and i love the girl's hat Smile

by puella94 on 4/1/2013 6:11:07 PM

for shame!!!!!!! I luv zombies.....I play minecraft and have 1209 pet zombies. most of them died in the sun though....

by Prim on 4/1/2013 5:54:57 PM

It sounds kind of weird to me, I could think of a thousand things better to write about to expand our literary skills. I am not saying I agree with banning it but some things schools do are just weird. And since schools are made of people, the people just think of weird things.

by fashionqn on 4/1/2013 5:45:31 PM