1 HOURS AGO We created the ultimate checklist of things to think about while you hunt for the perf workout class!: http://t.co/eU6WdAeW0s

2 HOURS AGO Sweet treats: 6 good enough to eat beauty products!: http://t.co/ylzXi1F6QX

4 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 go glam from lips to tips with @paulfranktweets’s makeup set from @MichaelsStores: http://t.co/XrbLQcGrR7

COMMENTS

Armed guards in schools: Thumbs up or thumbs down?

In the approximately 100 days that have passed since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut, we’ve talked a lot about gun control. Now...

I don't think we should hire anyone else. Just put all the teachers and staff through gun classes. They should also be able to have a conciled weapon at all times.This would be a lot safer and easier.

by pariskitty11 on 5/2/2013 9:16:27 PM

Adding armed guards in school would be pricey but it keeps us and all the other kids safe and parents don't have to worry about their kindergartener getting shot at school.

by volleyball rules on 4/29/2013 5:01:59 PM

Sounds too pricey. Also, suppose someone breaks through the guards; what would happen to everyone?

by Radieal on 4/21/2013 7:11:19 PM

Hi everyone, I live in sandy hook and was at the high school at the time of the shooting. for those of you that didn't know the shooter came to the high school first and was going to come in there but he saw that there was a police car of the guard we have there and decided to go to a different school. taking that extra precaution can save lives and not having a guard is potentially a dangerous move. making change is the most important thing we can do and you do not want to have to go through what we did. if there is a way you can make a difference please do

by marchingirl1D on 4/20/2013 1:06:47 AM

I LOVE having police officers at my school. It makes me feel so safe. Many people are like "Watch out! It's a cop!" I can't stand it when people say that, because they are here to keep us safe.

by Autumn51 on 4/15/2013 8:45:30 PM

We don't need gun control, we need sociopath control.

by bunnyboo2224 on 4/13/2013 2:17:08 AM

My high school has about 10 or so police officers in it that are armed, and it doesn't bother me. They are mostly there in case any kids cause trouble, which never happens, even though we've got about 4,800 of them to watch, and to direct traffic. I have only seen any in the building once, when he was just walking down the hallway. They don't really do anything guarding-wise. It would make me uncomfortable if we had armed people standing at the entrances, or not just hanging out in their offices, but I really don't care about having these police officers in my school, cause I never really know they're there.

by Bluestar479 on 4/10/2013 8:10:15 PM

I don't believe it is such a good idea.Showing kids that problems are to be solved with violence? Accidents? Suicides? Still, at least the owners of the guns can protect themselves, but for that, better purchase it for yourself as a personal option.

by maeugeniap on 4/9/2013 5:21:54 PM

I think if bad people know there is someone there that could harm them and prevent them going through with their evil crazy thoughts they would think twice about doing it, so sadly I think having someone at school who could stop them would be a big help.

by fashionqn on 4/7/2013 11:27:36 PM

I live in Connecticut and months before Sandy Hook, I WOULD consider having armed guards a waste of time and energy but after seeing close family friends lives become torn apart, I now realize that, like @kenzi143 said, desperate times call for desperate measures. Officers have come to our school every Thursday, I feel more safe and secure.Smile

by olivia192000 on 4/7/2013 6:38:29 PM