28 MINUTES AGO We're *freaking out* about this fab new product:

AN HOUR AGO You haven't heard #Hello until you've heard @SabrinaAnnLynn. This star is queen of covers:

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to deal when you're feeling depressed:

Armed guards in schools: Thumbs up or thumbs down?

In the approximately 100 days that have passed since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut, we’ve talked a lot about gun control. Now...

Lol,pinterest! I believe tht if a criminal wants a gun or more ammo then they will do whtever they can to get it whether its against the law or not! so all your doing is hurting the people who want to arm thereselves against the crimanials but I do think an armed guard is a good idea as long as,like pinterest said,they are mentally stable Smile

by asw14 on 4/5/2013 8:56:16 PM

It might be something to consider,if the person is trained and mentally stable.

by pinterest on 4/5/2013 8:42:50 PM

I think we should have bullet proof doors, windows and some sort of security system!!

by sundaygirl on 4/5/2013 8:24:06 PM

people die, people die. get over it.

by 513520cb on 4/5/2013 7:10:11 PM

I think that this isn't the proper security choice.

1. Either training an employee or hiring a professional will cost more for the school.

2. If an armed killer were to come to a school he could shoot the armed guard.

3. Accidents could happen!

4. Shouldn't we lessen the use of guns?

5. It would make kids afraid of going to school.

I think different types security such as:

1. bullet-proof doors, windows, and buildings

2. fewer entrances

3. harder to climb fences

by hbgirl2001 on 4/5/2013 6:49:36 PM

we have a school officer at my high school that is armed..... he is very responsible with both his tazer and his gun and I know it would take a lot to go through him if some one were ever to threaten the student body. Personally, I feel like if you give the gun is in the right hands and a person who is amazingly dedicated to the school, arming that person would be something to consider.

by m.lacovara on 4/5/2013 6:21:30 PM

by bookworm2000 on 4/5/2013 5:37:47 PM

I dont think it's a good idea to have faculty armed. I think maybe hiring somneone just for that would be better. Ever since sandy hook, we have to have doors locked during classes and we started doing lockdown drills. plus, the local police station is sending officers down to keep an eye on things. We have always done bag check and we have to walk through a metal detector before going in. I used to think we had too much security, but my school has gotten two bomb threats in the last six months so my opinion has changed o_o

by mayanunna on 4/5/2013 5:09:06 PM

Not to be rude GL, cause I love you, but whomever is editing the articles online lately aren't doing a good job. Start checking spelling and word usage.

by glass-tears on 4/5/2013 5:00:05 PM

Don't think that's the best, because:
1) You're teaching young people that problems aren´t solved with wits, but with violence.
2) Besides the probabilities of needing guns on schools, think about : kids can rob it, suicide is easier to aproach (think, "Hey, I want to die. Mrs.Teacher has a gun, I'll take it and kill myself.) Also, in a danger situation, the person can provoke an accident with the gun, or the killer can take it and use it against them.
3) Violence is NOT the solution.

by maeugeniap on 4/5/2013 4:49:28 PM

What is your fave class in school?

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?