5 HOURS AGO See what reality star is getting bullied behind the runways!: #StopBullying http://t.co/8dWrkf6fRu

6 HOURS AGO Is there space between you and your guy now that you’re BTS? Help decode the situation here: http://t.co/IN1fP6QYcM

7 HOURS AGO That *very* awkward moment when you and your bestie are crushing on the same cutie: http://t.co/ihRzxuWfDU

COMMENTS

Armed guards in schools: Thumbs up or thumbs down?

In the approximately 100 days that have passed since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut, we’ve talked a lot about gun control. Now...

I believe that the school guards shouldn´t have guns:
1) You're giving the example to children and our future generation that problems have to be solved, not with wits, a gift we humans have, but with violence, like animals.
2) Don't you think that the probabilities of someone really needing a gun to protect him/herself on a school are really low? And even if something happened, either the person with the gun with enter in shock and an accident could happen, the person wouldn't get it on time, or the bad people could use them in their behalf, taking them from the guard.
3) Violence is NOT the solution to the problem.
4) Even if you get higher protection in school, the killers would get a way to get around, perphaps more violent and killing more people.

by maeugeniap on 4/5/2013 4:39:12 PM

YES I think all schools should have armed guards!!! I'm not for guns AT ALL..and really frown upon people who own guns for the sake of protection. But honestly, after everything that's happened I wouldn't feel safe at school if there weren't armed guards by the front doors (which there are at my school). Isn't it worth having one or two people responsibly carrying a gun for the sake of protection as apposed to chancing someone coming into the building carrying a gun for the sake of killing people?!??! Sorry, this is just a no brainer for me..but just my opinion of course.

by maggie183 on 4/5/2013 3:39:58 PM

That's awesome

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/5/2013 1:01:36 PM

Yes! I love this idea! It makes me feel more secure rather that having a 56 year old security guard who lets anyone in and is barely at her desk (yes, we have HER).

by kikikim8 on 4/5/2013 11:55:36 AM

if guns are supposed to make us be safer, then America should be the safest place in the world. But, it isnt. Maybe instead of pushnig more arms for safety, have less. I understand how security guards should be armed, but any teacher or secretary? SOmeone could go through their stuff adn find the weapon and use it. Too much could go wrong.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 4/5/2013 9:49:00 AM

I think that's good that the staff can defend themselves. Let's just hope they don't get crazy one day, and, well, you know.

by bookworm2000 on 4/5/2013 9:40:29 AM

I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. We have a armed guard for each cluster of schools on our school system, so there are many armed guards. We call them School Resource Officers. They carry around guns and tazers. If we didn't have them, the whole county would be chaotic. So ..."thumbs up" I guess. I mean armed guards aren't that big of a deal.

~Alex<3

by alexandrah99 on 4/5/2013 9:23:40 AM

If it's for saftey purposes only, I say go for it! My school has a lockdown drill,but, armed guards might work better.

by fashionfreak802 on 4/5/2013 8:17:21 AM

by Emilicious on 4/5/2013 12:10:02 AM

I believe it would be a good idea for just principals. If every teacher ha.d one there could be more trouble than what it's worth to have it

by natdtanner on 4/5/2013 12:06:32 AM