2 HOURS AGO Get psyched for back to school with these music vids: http://t.co/552P5H0TUp

5 HOURS AGO What kind of sister are you? http://t.co/R0BoPmeZug

6 HOURS AGO Give your closet a killer makeover: http://t.co/CimNERzkMm

COMMENTS

3 times it's OK to tell your bestie's secret

You heart your BFF and would do anything to protect her. When she tells you a secret, you obvs have to keep it. Her new crush’s...

i have cut and im still kind of in a rut and i can't get these feelings out. my parents know already. what should i do?

Make sure you have someone to talk to, no matter what- plenty of people love you, and will be willing to listen. Find a hobby, something you can do everytime you feel like hurting yourself. It can be anything, from knitting to cooking to studying extra hard. Stay strong!

Caroline C.

by lkjhgfdsa2206 on 6/18/2013 3:39:51 PM

Mod mod mod

Hey girlie,

While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate. Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor. Love and thanks! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by mady104 on 6/6/2013 11:52:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Why is it that in some comments where mods answer they don't show the girls' questions? Is it because they're too serious or the girls requested their questions not to be seen?
THANKS- FASHION GIRL <3

Hey babe! Sometimes the girls ask us not to show their question and other times the question is too graphic or not appropriate for the site, we still like to address the question though so we leave the mod's response! xo

Caroline M.

by fashiongirl43 on 6/5/2013 4:09:20 PM

Hey girl!  Check out these websites for extra help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx and

Nineline.org. You should also talk to your mom if your still feeling really upset about these girls.  Just know that you're better than them!

Elizabeth K.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 5/13/2013 9:07:39 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My best friend is going through a really hard time right now and I don't know how to help her. She's battling depression and used to cut herself, but has been seeing our school guidance councillor. I'm really worried about her- She's had some family issues growing up and her parents are finally splitting. She told me that today. Her anxiety has been awful and sometimes she has to go home it's so bad. I never want to lose her- she's absolutely stunning and looks like a model, yet she doesn't see it. What should I do to help? Sometimes it's hard to get her to talk to me. Thanks for the help in advance Smile

Just be there for her. Make an effort to hang out with her or even just send her texts to let her know you're thinking about her. You can't force her to talk, especially if it's tough for her to open up, but just knowing that she COULD talk to you would probably help her a lot. xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by annah1998 on 5/1/2013 8:45:37 PM

Thank you so much for writing this. It really encouraged me to tell an adult about my close friend's anorexia. I was not sure about it until I read this. I know now that she will get help Smile

by gammag98 on 4/19/2013 7:37:31 PM

ok so my friend recently told me that she thought about ending her life. i was bawling. but now i don't know what to do. she hasn't hurt herself yet(as in cutting or trying to end her life) and she told me she is already trying to get help. i want to help her so that she doesn't leave. please if someone could give me so advice of what i should do i would be very thankful.

Hey cutiepie573, if you guys have a school counselor set up an appointment for her. Someone professional will know how to handle a serious problem like this. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by cutiepie953 on 4/14/2013 8:57:55 PM

Helen S., thank you for the advice.

Without going into details, and I was very vague, I sort of mentioned the situation to my mom and she said if I notice her avoiding me and not wanting to discuss anything about the subject that she may be needing some help. So I am going to voice my concern without sounding judgmental and see what happens, hopefully she wont come back with Romeo was 17 and Juliet was 12, or something like that.

by fashionqn on 4/13/2013 1:17:55 AM

mod mod mod
What about a friend in a relationship with a guy no one else really knows about? I met him and he seems like bad news to me, she claims they are gf/bf but it seems more like a fling or a FWB thing. She asked me not to mention him in front of her mom and I know she would be so angry if I did, but I think he is using her. She may be using him too if you know what I mean, he buys her things which is fine but I am concerned for her and not just from getting pregnant but really getting emotionally hurt and getting involved with the wrong older crowd.
What should I do?

Hey! express your concern to your friend. tell her why you're worried about her and giver her a chance to explain her side too. you can't force her to break up with him, but if you let her know how you feel she might see your side of it eventually. good luck!

Helen S.

by fashionqn on 4/11/2013 5:24:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!

Hey Chica, although I don't agree with what your friend did, you have to realize that she was in a tough sitch. You specifically asked her not to tell anyone, and she probably had a really hard time figuring out what to do because of it. I don't think she is a bad friend, just maybe she wasn't sure how to respond. So cut her some slack, and she'll be there to support you.

Hannah H.