AN HOUR AGO Now even shy girls can get their flirt on: http://t.co/c0HifzMGQb

4 HOURS AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

5 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

COMMENTS

Help! My BF likes another girl--am I a temporary GF?

My boyfriend is one year older than me and likes a girl in his grade. He actually told me this. He also likes her more...

I am 13 and I have my first boyfriend. I like him and he is nice and sweet. We have been dating almost two months and the most we have done is hug. We haven't even held hands! We are both shy so I think that's why. I can't work up the courage to hold hands or anything. I know it's not a huge deal but I still am trying to figure out how this whole relationship thing works lol! Is it normal for nothing to have happened yet?

Hey girl, every relationship is totally different so there's no definition of what "normal" is.  If you're not ready to hold hands yet, that's totally fine.  No pressure.

Karin E.

by nutmeg2009 on 4/18/2013 4:18:34 PM

I am 13 and I have a boyfriend. He's my first boyfriend. He's nice and sweet and I think he's cute. The problem is the only time on a regular day we have together is after school for maybe 2-5 minutes. We have no classes together! Also my parents won't let me go on dates alone until I'm 16! How else am I supposed to get to know him even better? We have gone on group dates but we can't really talk one on one. We text but we both have busy schedules. How do I hang out with him more? And how do I help my parents to understand that nothing bad is going to happen because he has dated a couple of my friends (not a big deal & they broke up with him) and they say he's really shy and nice.

Hey girl, plan a group hangout sesh/date and then try to break off by yourselves for a little bit.  If you're at the mall, try to check out a store just the two of you.  You can recruit your girls to help make this happen.  You could make a specific plan for a date and then talk through the logistics with your parents and see if that helps.  Show that you're organized and responsible.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by nutmeg2009 on 4/18/2013 4:09:52 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!!!!
There is this Guy I like and have about a year and a half now. We don't have any classes together this year and I never see him. We've never really talked. I have a choir banquet comin up first half of may and i need a date. I tried talking to him over Facebook last year but it got extremely awkward. My biggest fear is talking to guys I really like. What should I do???

Hey girl, if you can figure out a way to see this guy in-person, that would be ideal.  However, if you never have a chance to see him, then it's probs time to move on.  That can be tough if you've liked him for so long, but there's other crush-able boys out there, promise!  Try inviting a guy friend to be your date.  It'll be a blast to go the banquet with a friend.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by tye-dyegirl105 on 4/15/2013 3:15:42 PM

So my crush is a guy named S. And one of my friends just told me that he is dating one of my friends named m. and when I found out I threw my iPod and now I have a small dent in it. And my friend m knew I liked him I have liked him since November and she just started liking him. SO BASICLY I am telling you this cause tomorrow we go back to school and I really really really really want to punch them very badly.help! Cause there are also these two other guys that tease me bout liking my crush and I'm afraid if they tease me bout liking him that I will explode and possible hurt them help please help

Hey girl, check out this post: "Anger issues."  If you're feeling really frustrated, talk with your parents or an adult you trust (like a school counselor) about anger management tactics.  If someone starts to make fun of you, just walk away.  Avoid anyone you think might make you really angry until you've had a few days to cool off a little bit.  If you feel like you're stuck in a class with someone who really upsets you, it's okay to confide in a teacher to make sure you don't have to sit next to them all day.  Punching someone is never a good idea- channel that energy into a good workout or write about your feelings.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by keekee941 on 4/15/2013 2:42:49 PM

MODMODMOD
Hey! Well, last night, I found out that my boyfriend is in the hospital. He's got apendicitis. I was so shocked. I actually cried myself to sleep. I might get to see him tonight, though, because my music lessons are around the hospital.. Basicallly, all I'm asking is how do I stop crying about it. Also, I was wondering, if I get to see him, should I bring him candy or something of that nature?
Thank you so much!

Hey girl, get a health update from your BF and his fam.  As far as health scares go, appendicitis isn't too bad.  Make sure that your BF is going to be okay, and then you'll have something to smile about, instead of cry.  If the doctors expect he'll make a full recovery, that's wonderful news!  If you want to bring him a little get-well gift, that would be super nice.  He would probs love candy and a card (extra points for a homemade one).

Karin E.

by KenzieC84 on 4/15/2013 7:16:55 AM

NEED GOOD ADVICE FAST? Go here: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 4/14/2013 9:07:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! I've gained weight this year. I've been eating unhealthily. It's really hard for me to try and lose all the weight that I gained. I really need a strict way to lose weight before I get invited to loads of pool parties. I also have stretch marks that go down to my thighs. Please help!

Hey ballerina55, work on replacing the greasy and unhealthy foods in your diet with tasty, nourishing ones. For example trade in a sandwich on white bread with mayo, for a turkey breast one on wheat bread with lettuce and tomatoes. For snacks skip greasy chips and go for baked ones. Munch on trail mix, granola bars and other nuts. Drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruit. Taking small steps like that will definitely help you in the long run. Hope this stuff works for ya! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ballerina55 on 4/14/2013 8:27:48 PM

MODMODMOD
What is 'Punk'?

Hey WhiteStripe3, it's a genre of music. Kinda similar to rock. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by WhiteStripe3 on 4/14/2013 8:04:34 PM

My ex did the same thing about 8 times.. 4 of the times he dropped me the second he found out they would say yes to him but he always ended up running back to me within about a week the last time is the only one of our 6 break ups thats lasted and yes i got ditched for my bff. I shouldn't of fallen for his begging for me back again Frown but I guess I ended up paying the price for it anyways

by gracethompson101 on 4/14/2013 7:25:05 PM

So I like this one guy and every time we see each other in the halls we stare at each for a long time like a really long time until I look away and head off to class. And every time we meet eyes my heart always jumps a mile. Its a bit sad to say I've never talked to him, I was wondering should I wave at him or say hello to him or should I wait for him to say it? Because I'm really scared to talk to him. What should I do?

Hey Hockey Luver, you should make the move girl. You both seem shy, so break the ice. Next time you lock eyes, try smiling and waving, and see what happens. You'll never know what could happen if you don't put yourself out there. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.