AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to wear a flannel this fall: http://t.co/2wDZleQN4y

13 HOURS AGO 5 quick and delish breakfasts for those rushed school mornings: http://t.co/nXdvamToKK

16 HOURS AGO 3 teas to cure your cold: http://t.co/zYSGlhia8d

COMMENTS

5 quirky-cute headbands under $12

Sometimes all you need to turn a blah outfit into a smashing success is an adorable headband. Take a look at our so-right-now toppers that’ll have ya...

MOD MOD MOD, hey my family do not really have a lot of money, and I have some shirts and jeans that I really like and the rest I do not like that much (I will see something I really like in a store and I will get, but then a few months later I do not like them that) do you know of any DIYs at do not like cheap or any stores that has cheap clothes
P.S. I Would be consider Plus Size and I like things that show off my figure. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you!

Hey girlie, try stores like TJ Max and Marshall's. Forever 21 and H&M tend to have less expensive clothing. Always check the clearance/sale racks when you go into a store. Sometimes you'll find great things for a really great price.

Lauren T.

by OctoberSky13 on 5/13/2013 5:17:41 PM

Mod Mod Mod do you think that the sequined headband would go good with short hair?

Hey girlie, I think it would be great with short hair! Any headbands are a great way to dress up a short hairdo and accessorize.

Lauren T.

by Black Fire on 4/21/2013 7:16:57 PM

Mod Mod Mod
ok so my family isn't exactly the richest. I don't blame my parents, they're doing the best they can, but because we don't have a lot of money, my wardrobe is lacking a lot. It mostly consists of sweatpants and baggy shirts which can make me come off as not caring about how I look (not a very good first impression). Not only can we not afford the clothes I like but I was bullied as a kid and don't like the way I look(I'm considered obese). What are some cheap ways to spice up my wardrobe AND be more positive about my body? I really appreciate your help.
Thank you!

Hey cbelits, you can always take some of your shirts and make them one shouldered. Cut through the neck part so they hang off your shoulder. You can also fringe the bottom of shirts, by cutting strips into them. Check out Youtube for some tutorials on that. Do you or anyone in your family have an old pair of jeans they don't want? Cut the leg parts off, turn it inside out, sew the bottom, add a strap and you have a purse! Even bleaching shirts will give them a new look. Got any accessories? Throw them on to add some spark to boring outfits. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by cbelits on 4/16/2013 8:14:04 PM

I am not big on head bands but I do where them every once in a while. The more colorful the more fun.

by fashionqn on 4/15/2013 10:01:07 PM

by Emilicious on 4/15/2013 9:45:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hi, so recently my hair has been getting really greasy. I wash my hair and only put conditioner on the ends, but I'm not sure what else to do! Any tips? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl! There are tons of dry shampoos out in stores right now. Try a cheaper brand to test out what kind your locks need and go from there. You can always stick with the classic baby powder, too! Just apply a tiny bit at your roots before bed. It will absorb the grease and you'll be fresh for school!

xo

Taeler L.

by hockey-angel on 4/15/2013 7:01:31 PM

So I used to like this guy. I told him, and he gave me his number. After, I found out that his bff liked me, so I was off-limits for both of them. The guy I liked started avoiding me. Every time I would message him, he'd ignore it. It's been 6 months, and things are better. But we don't talk. It's awkward between us. I would love to be his friend, and nothing else. It seems like I can relate to him. We both play the same sport, we're both kind of shy. Do I just say hi and go from there? Do I even bring up the past? How do I become friends with him without him thinking I like him again? Thanks (:

Hey girl, check out this post: "8 non-flirty tips to snag a guy friend."  The best thing to do is to just strike up a conversation with him and try to get to know him better while doing your best not to be flirty.  If you think it would help, you could say, "hey, I just wanna' be friends."  You got this.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by kittycatmeowmeowchelsea on 4/15/2013 3:08:13 PM

Mod mod mod
I really embarrassed myself in front of my crush. I complimented his shoes, and rested my hand on his shoulder for a sec. Then, he nodded and got a drink of water. After, some lady banged into me. I feel like a dork. Is he going to constantly remember that? Are my chances with him ruined?

Hey girl, your chances aren't ruined with your crush because of a silly little incident.  The best thing you can do is to either pretend that you've forgotten about the entire incident or make light of it.  This shows that it's not important enough for you to remember or that you've got a good sense of humor about yourself.  You got this.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by isabellec on 4/15/2013 2:44:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD! okay, so when it comes to crushes, I am extremely shy! If they are just my friends, i don't think twice about it, but once i get a crush... I can barely speak to him I'm so nervous! I texted him for the first time yesterday, and it took MONTHS to build up that courage! how can I stop being so... shy and paranoid?

Hey girl, just take a deep breath and exude confidence.  Pretending like you feel comfortable and confident will actually make you more confident.  Check out GL's ice breakers.  Good luck, chica!

Karin E.