8 HOURS AGO Get the scoop on braces: http://t.co/ImZA1x2LpQ

11 HOURS AGO The best eyeshadow for your skin tone: http://t.co/OCA5fYGw39

11 HOURS AGO Happy #bookbirthday to @Scholastic's #SISTERS x @goraina! To celebrate, take our "What kind of sister are you?" quiz: http://t.co/CScBixOtx6

COMMENTS

I'm following Mom's no-makeup rule, but sis is sneaking it!

My little sister is in middle school. I'm in high school. My mother made a rule that we can't wear makeup. I'm following it, but...

My club namme is girly girls just wanna have fun!

by pink_rules on 4/20/2013 2:17:39 PM

If you need advice on boys, fashion, and beauty my club will help you.If you dont know what to wear on a first date I'm there to help, need a cute hair style for picture day I'll be there again!

by pink_rules on 4/20/2013 2:17:02 PM

Mod mod mod. Ok this is off topic but it wasn't letting me comment on something that was on topic. Anyway, so I have two sisters and we all go to public school. My older sister wants to transfer to a private school but I don't think she is anymore. I am in 7th grade so it's alot to think about soon. Basically what I'm getting at is, would it be weird if I went to a private school to try something new?

Hey girl, if you and your parents decide that going to a private school is the best decision for you, it wouldn't be weird at all.  Best of luck to you and your fam with this decision!

Karin E.

by marylofal16 on 4/17/2013 11:44:43 AM

Dear Mod,
I don't want to seem obnoxious, but none of my questions are ever answered on GL. Why? And how can I get this issue fixed? Thanks Smile

Hey girlie. We have a rotating staff of mods who go through questions and comments when they have the chance. We always try to make sure to answer every question as promptly as possible, but we get tons each day and it's sometimes hard to keep up. If you're noticing that your question isn't being responded to right away, don't worry; check back in a day or so and it should be posted by then. There's also the issue of inappropriate questions. If we get a post that we think isn't okay to go up on the site, it will be deleted. So just be aware of what you're writing, and there shouldn't be any problems on that end.
Florence N.

by appleduck101 on 4/16/2013 11:18:13 PM

MD MOD MOD
Summer is coming fast, and that means time to bust out the cool shades! But there's only one problem...
I wear glasses. Not that I'm complaining, I love my glasses! But my visions is SO BAD, when I wear sunglasses I can't see at all! Ive been thinking about contacts for the summer and when I go running, but I am a fraidy-cat! I'm scared ill take it out wrong and damage my eye. I guess since my mom wears contacts she could help me, but I kind of want to feel independent on this.
Any tips?

Hey girlie! Contacts sound like they would be the best solution for your problem; I would maybe try going that route first. I know it's tempting to want to be independent, but if you're really that worried, it would probably be best to have your mom teach you the ropes now. That way, you'll have no troubles later on. If you're really not feeling contacts, though, you can always try getting a pair of prescription sunglasses. Ask your optometrist if you can check out the styles he/she has.
Florence N.

by peacelove13 on 4/16/2013 10:27:42 PM

i honestly don't know why girls wear make up to school

by myfatsquirrel on 4/16/2013 4:21:24 PM

My mom is kinda overprotective. She has all my passwords, checks my FB and twitter every ten seconds, and doesn't let me go to concerts, the mall, or the movies unless there is an adult, even on dates Frown. I live in a really safe city where everyone knows everyone. I don't know why she suddenly has become so overbearing. The worst part is that im 15 almost 16. This is the age that I should be getting more freedom, not less. I have tried the "drop me off and pick me up right after" thing and she isn't buying into it. I really want to start dating guys, but how can I with my mom hanging around?

by alicia1998 on 4/16/2013 12:37:44 AM

to Taeler L.:
please make your profile visible and can 12 year olds become mods? is it a volunteer job or paying job because id much rather do it for volunteer. i mean i dont believe in people having to pay me when they need to be heard.

Hey girl! Mods are typically interns at GL. We're here to help you guys out and love being able to answer your questions!

xo

Taeler L.

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 8:27:44 PM

thanks. the test is on thursday and i invited my friend over for a study sesh, and im waiting for her. until then, did you ever have those moments when you needed a pen but you just......couldn't........reach it?
just......too.......far
lol that was me just on my bed with my book and the desk was 2 feet away but TOO FAR
im lazy sometimes lol Taeler L.

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 8:25:19 PM

dear taylor
thank you. it took an hour or maybe more but i cleared my head and stopped crying. i started to study and realized that the information, once I highlighted the "good stuff" in pink and blue highlighter (yay) was actually reeeaaaalllllyyy easy. so yay

So glad, girlie! Good luck on the test! You'll do great!

xo