2 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

5 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

6 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

I'm following Mom's no-makeup rule, but sis is sneaking it!

My little sister is in middle school. I'm in high school. My mother made a rule that we can't wear makeup. I'm following it, but...

mod mod mod
this probably sounds like a stupid question, but i think i want to start wearing make up. my mom asked me one time if i wanted her to show me how, but i was busy and never really got to answer. i want to ask her now, but for whatever reason it feels awkward. also, my bro can be slightly judgey and sometimes makes me feel a little self-conscious, so i KNOW he'll say something about it. again, stupid question, sorry

Hey ladybug, no not stupid at all. Makeup can be a little tricky for someone who doesn't usually wear it. There's a bunch to learn. I don't wear a lot and I'm always picking up tips and tricks. Don't feel awkard asking your mom especially since she offered to show you how to apply it. She is probably looking forward to sharing this moment with you. And if you bro says something, have a comeback ready for him. For example, if he says something like "What's that on your face?" Respond: "Um skin, but you have ugly on yours". Just something to let him know his insults can't affect you.  Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ladybugg on 7/28/2013 9:07:53 PM

So, school ended a month or two ago. I miss this guy I like soooooooooooooooooo freaking much. He's going to a different middle school next year (because there's two middle schools) and I can't get over him. I had a dream about him and he's just not getting off my mind. I can't believe I'll never see him again. HELP. ME. NOW.

by vampiress31 on 7/2/2013 8:36:13 PM

hey about the middle school thing don't worry everything will be fine btw it will go by in a breeze and why worry now it is two months away so go enjoy your summer

by fozziebear on 6/13/2013 10:48:48 AM

I am having a major problem. I have a serious crush on a guy who is YOUNGER than me by a whole grade! We are only 5 months apart but our grades separate us ): I don't know if I should try to get over him or if I should date him. Is this going to seem weird to other people? Please give me your opinion.

by chexMixer on 5/20/2013 7:28:39 PM

You are a realy good daughter. I could NEVER obey that rule. I think you have nothing to worry about.If your sister is going to rebel and were make up, let her. She'll get introuble on her own.

by Mavertishboydrama on 5/18/2013 12:25:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
A few days ago I told me crush that i liked him thru text. A few minutes later i got a face time from him and he said "I like you too. Will u go out with me." Without thinking i just said yes! The only prob is my mom doesnt know and i'm not supposed to have a boyfriend yet! It's not anything serious, we just put hearts in our texts and face time alot (he doesnt go to my school) But it just seems wrong to not tell her but i rlly don't want to lose him. It's not like she hates him or anything. She even said he was a rlly nice kid. I'm just afraid if she finds out she won't approve. help!

Hey girlie, like you said it's nothing serious. So there's no harm in telling your mom that you both like each other and want to spend time together. It's better to let her know so you're not hiding it or keeping secrets from her.

Lauren T.

by Peppermintz541 on 5/5/2013 6:04:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm going to middle school next year and I'm really nervous. We get lockers but we only have four minutes to get from class to class. I also have a feeling that I'm going to get lost. I have really bad eyesight and I'm getting contacts but I have a feeling that my teachers are going to sit me in the back where I won't be able to see. What do I do?!?!?!?!
Luvdance00

Hey girl, just talk to your teachers, they will be very understanding.

lauren r.

by Luvdance00 on 5/4/2013 10:39:04 AM

Hey girlie, I really don't think that's possible, but if you're still worried you can talk to your doctor or school nurse to be safe!
Meghan D.

by angelicjade on 4/26/2013 8:36:02 PM

talk to your mom and tell her that your sister is sneking make up and you also need to tell her no thats my advice.

by armanibieber on 4/23/2013 10:59:39 PM

I would totally sneak make up too! Except that me and my mom are addicted to Sephora and makeup deals. Its silly to not be able to wear makeup, its a form of expression, making those high cheek bones or green eyes pop, or covering up that tiny breakout on your forehead! If I were you, I'd talk to your mom about this. Smile

by missykp on 4/23/2013 10:51:01 PM

My club namme is girly girls just wanna have fun!

by pink_rules on 4/20/2013 2:17:39 PM

If you need advice on boys, fashion, and beauty my club will help you.If you dont know what to wear on a first date I'm there to help, need a cute hair style for picture day I'll be there again!

by pink_rules on 4/20/2013 2:17:02 PM

Mod mod mod. Ok this is off topic but it wasn't letting me comment on something that was on topic. Anyway, so I have two sisters and we all go to public school. My older sister wants to transfer to a private school but I don't think she is anymore. I am in 7th grade so it's alot to think about soon. Basically what I'm getting at is, would it be weird if I went to a private school to try something new?

Hey girl, if you and your parents decide that going to a private school is the best decision for you, it wouldn't be weird at all.  Best of luck to you and your fam with this decision!

Karin E.

by marylofal16 on 4/17/2013 11:44:43 AM

Dear Mod,
I don't want to seem obnoxious, but none of my questions are ever answered on GL. Why? And how can I get this issue fixed? Thanks Smile

Hey girlie. We have a rotating staff of mods who go through questions and comments when they have the chance. We always try to make sure to answer every question as promptly as possible, but we get tons each day and it's sometimes hard to keep up. If you're noticing that your question isn't being responded to right away, don't worry; check back in a day or so and it should be posted by then. There's also the issue of inappropriate questions. If we get a post that we think isn't okay to go up on the site, it will be deleted. So just be aware of what you're writing, and there shouldn't be any problems on that end.
Florence N.

by appleduck101 on 4/16/2013 11:18:13 PM

MD MOD MOD
Summer is coming fast, and that means time to bust out the cool shades! But there's only one problem...
I wear glasses. Not that I'm complaining, I love my glasses! But my visions is SO BAD, when I wear sunglasses I can't see at all! Ive been thinking about contacts for the summer and when I go running, but I am a fraidy-cat! I'm scared ill take it out wrong and damage my eye. I guess since my mom wears contacts she could help me, but I kind of want to feel independent on this.
Any tips?

Hey girlie! Contacts sound like they would be the best solution for your problem; I would maybe try going that route first. I know it's tempting to want to be independent, but if you're really that worried, it would probably be best to have your mom teach you the ropes now. That way, you'll have no troubles later on. If you're really not feeling contacts, though, you can always try getting a pair of prescription sunglasses. Ask your optometrist if you can check out the styles he/she has.
Florence N.

by peacelove13 on 4/16/2013 10:27:42 PM

i honestly don't know why girls wear make up to school

by myfatsquirrel on 4/16/2013 4:21:24 PM

My mom is kinda overprotective. She has all my passwords, checks my FB and twitter every ten seconds, and doesn't let me go to concerts, the mall, or the movies unless there is an adult, even on dates Frown. I live in a really safe city where everyone knows everyone. I don't know why she suddenly has become so overbearing. The worst part is that im 15 almost 16. This is the age that I should be getting more freedom, not less. I have tried the "drop me off and pick me up right after" thing and she isn't buying into it. I really want to start dating guys, but how can I with my mom hanging around?

by alicia1998 on 4/16/2013 12:37:44 AM

to Taeler L.:
please make your profile visible and can 12 year olds become mods? is it a volunteer job or paying job because id much rather do it for volunteer. i mean i dont believe in people having to pay me when they need to be heard.

Hey girl! Mods are typically interns at GL. We're here to help you guys out and love being able to answer your questions!

xo

Taeler L.

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 8:27:44 PM

thanks. the test is on thursday and i invited my friend over for a study sesh, and im waiting for her. until then, did you ever have those moments when you needed a pen but you just......couldn't........reach it?
just......too.......far
lol that was me just on my bed with my book and the desk was 2 feet away but TOO FAR
im lazy sometimes lol Taeler L.

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 8:25:19 PM

dear taylor
thank you. it took an hour or maybe more but i cleared my head and stopped crying. i started to study and realized that the information, once I highlighted the "good stuff" in pink and blue highlighter (yay) was actually reeeaaaalllllyyy easy. so yay

So glad, girlie! Good luck on the test! You'll do great!

xo

Taeler L.

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 8:12:49 PM

Mod Mod Mod! Please answer! For some reason alot of questions never get answered! One of the football players at my school has a birthday tomorrow! I made a collage of football pictures for him. Except my printer was out of color ink and two of my friends tried to print it and then theirs ran out of ink. My one friend was able to print it in black and white. Just not in color! The pictures really don't look very good. And now I feel really bad! Especially because I have made ones for other people and they were in color! I looked forward to giving it to him for months now! What do I do? Thanks so.much for your time and great advice! You mods rock!

Hey girl! Do the best you can and I'm sure he will appreciate the thought! You could make it have an artsy feel by including the black and white shots!

xo

Taeler L.

by 15hayhay on 4/15/2013 8:03:32 PM

I personally don't wear makeup. I think its superficial! I very rarely wear it. I did't even wear any for my Homecoming or Snoball dances. I wore some for valentines day cause I had pink eyeshadow. But other than that I don't wear it! I think its so dumb when girls cover their faces in it everyday! Then on the rare ocassion that they don't wear it. They look kind of weird because their faces are so used to makeup. I say let the true beautiful you shine through. You don't need makeup!

by 15hayhay on 4/15/2013 7:56:42 PM

So I did a presentation in class about a topic and I was stuttering throughout the whole thing. And I got a B, because I didn't have enough pictures and I had more words than "necessary". When in English are you supposed to have more pictures than words to describe information you have gotten? I really am hating my English teacher I have never ever learned any of the things she has been teaching us. Basically she has been telling us to run on sentences and everything an English teacher shouldn't. She is really incompetent, I could teach the class better than her. I also saw that I got an incomplete for another thing on the presentation that is worth 50 points. And I remember turning it into her, I'm really sick of everything she does I have never been this angry at a teacher I usually love teachers but she is 34 and is teaching the wrong material. I emailed her about the project that is marked incomplete, so what else should I do? She is incompetent teacher IDK what to do?

Hey girl! The best thing in this situation is probably to take a few minutes to talk directly to her. Voice some concerns over your grades and see if your teacher can explain her grading or assignments. I'm sure she will appreciate your interest in bettering your grade and maybe you'll be able to see where she is coming from. Good luck!

xo

Taeler L.

by HockeyLuver on 4/15/2013 7:33:59 PM

i think she should just leave it alone you know she probaly just wants to feel like other girls its probaly cool to her to wear makeup

by rosefairy101 on 4/15/2013 7:28:48 PM

Hey girl! Drugs are illegal and not something to be taken lightly.  No matter how much you like your boyfriend, you dont want to get wrapped up in something that could harm you. Take a step back and evaluate how much you're willing to risk for a boy. Good luck!

xo

Taeler L.

by 8thwonderoftheworld on 4/15/2013 6:32:57 PM

Mod
why am i crying at random times? i got home and i realized that i had no homework, but to study for a big test. so i put off studying and i was looking at crafts online when i suddenly start to cry because i felt stressed about the test. i started to study but the information was just so hard. i am arranging a study group and all that but i still feel so stressed and i am crying and i am so confused. why am i crying? what is wrong with me? am i just a crybaby or what?

Hey girl! You're probably just experiencing some heightened hormones. It can be confusing and exhausting, but you're not a crybaby! Make a to-do list and start tackling one task at a time. You'll start feeling great about being so productive!

xo