1 HOURS AGO Still trying to figure out the whole #iwokeuplikethis thing? Try our 4 secrets for natural beauty and wake up pretty: http://t.co/GEEl1Sjy74

3 HOURS AGO Are you #TeamTaylor or #TeamKaty? Read the facts behind this alleged feud: http://t.co/9wqZwLoKeY #GLgossip

4 HOURS AGO Who knew, right? But *so* good! RT @katie_k1265: @girlslifemag your magazine is amazing thanks for the bananas and ketchup recipe

COMMENTS

Words to remember when life gets scary

When bombs went off near the Boston Marathon finish line this afternoon, fear spread across America--the same fear, I'm sure, that's felt globally when such...

It's scary to know that one person has the power to end many peoples lives. My moms cousin was at the marathon and was injured and now he is in the hospital and has to have surgery. So many bad things are happening recently like shootings at places that should be safe like a movie theater and schools, even someone brought a gun to My school! Terrifying

by awtechnofish on 4/16/2013 9:18:31 PM

I like how instead of reporting the ACTUAL news, Girlslife posts articles like this to make everyone's day. @ ashbabe567765, I think so too. There was just a fight at my school even! I hate violence and am a pacifist through! Smile

by -strawberry13 on 4/16/2013 8:56:31 PM

Bad things can happen anywhere. The sad thing is that we cannot even protect ourselves in our own homes, schools, malls. Anywhere, really.

by cookies345 on 4/16/2013 8:28:25 PM

While I encourage you all to pray for the families of those killed and the injured people of the Boston bombing, I also encourage you all to focus on the 708 Bostonians who offered up their own homes for the people who needed somewhere to stay while their loved ones are in the hospital. Focus on the huge amount of people that are helping clean up the town, and rescuing others. Focus on the good-hearted people instead of the one insane madman/woman. Don't give up hope for this crazy world, we will pull through this.

One crazy < 708 helpful people.

by sbcreations on 4/16/2013 8:16:27 PM

by cookies345 on 4/16/2013 8:11:25 PM

I agree with everything you said, Actress-2-B.

by PandaPillowPet on 4/16/2013 7:30:10 PM

So honestly, I'm sad, afraid, and most of all mad about all of this. This is awful and it seems we can't go 6 months without these things happening. Did you know that school shootings happen every day? Only the really bad ones go on the news. (At least that's what my teacher told our class) So now the movies, school, and marathons are not safe. I remember when I was little and bad guys with weapons were only on tv or in books. This is the real world now, and its hell. (I'm sorry but I can't think of a nicer way to say that) Everyone's afraid everyday. We're all angry and hurt and we hold that against people. Now people with psychological problems are being feared. They shouldn't be. They're still normal people, it just happens that the gunman of Sandy Hooke had psychological problems. I don't understand why we all hate eachother. I mean, I get that in real life its not all rainbows and unicorns, but guns and bombs is not what real life should be. Everyone's so afraid .

by Supersid on 4/16/2013 7:25:49 PM

OMG. All I have to say is WHY??? I'm just glad that we have so many supportive people there for us when we're scared. I'm praying for all of the people who died or were injured and their families!

by Maya:) on 4/16/2013 7:19:55 PM

I am so sad this happened. An 8 year old boy was killed by one of the bombs. He was 8. He had his whole life ahead of him!! What senseless person could do this? I feel sad, confused and angry that this could happen. My prayers are with the families...

by Kstar101 on 4/16/2013 7:05:18 PM

I live in Massachusetts,in the suburbs of Boston,and honestly I am very scared and confused.Why old somebody do this? All I want is for this person to get what he deserves and for the victims to get better.the worst part is those who lost their lives can get better.Everyone PRAY FOR BOSTON

by juliacar on 4/16/2013 6:20:29 PM