12 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

15 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

16 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Words to remember when life gets scary

When bombs went off near the Boston Marathon finish line this afternoon, fear spread across America--the same fear, I'm sure, that's felt globally when such...

@Actress-2-B, I agree with most of what you said. Except for the get on with our lives. Yes, we should do that, but we also need to remember the tragedies that occur, so that we can prevent them from happening again. NEWFLASH! Everyone can do something to make a world a better place. Just be nice. It's as simple as that. Even you can make the world a much nicer place to live in if only you're kind. Think about it! Then go do it. Future people will thank you.

by scamp24 on 4/16/2013 5:11:58 PM

What's sad is that a lot of the injured are children under the age of 15!!!!!

by bookworm2000 on 4/16/2013 4:20:00 PM

It's sad that people are so crazy to do this.

by bookworm2000 on 4/16/2013 4:19:03 PM

So upsetting about the Boston Marathon. I'm terrified.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/16/2013 11:47:16 AM

I live in Massachusetts and my dad was thinking about taking us to see the Marathon. I know some friends who were there and thankfully they are okay. My little sister was crying and she was really scared to know that this happened so close. This is just a horrible tragedy and my prayers go out to all the victims, their families, and everyone who experienced this.

by teadancer on 4/16/2013 11:44:41 AM

As a Boston girl myself, this is so terrifying to know it happened right in "my backyard". Many of my friends just missed the bombing luckily, including one who was standing right where the second one went off, but her and her friends decided to grab lunch 1/2 hr before it went off. Everyone else i knew who was there was luckily inside, or had left shortly before it happened. My cousin also works at one of the hospitals and she said it was so scary for them to go into code amber (no one comes in or goes out) and to see so many people injured so bad. It was just amazing though to see how quickly ppl were willing to come together and jump right into helping those were injured, and how everyone just started praying and supporting one another. It just goes to show how strong and resilient Boston is!

by iheartu? on 4/16/2013 10:39:20 AM

my family and i went to the red sox game and we could see the marathon from the parking lot but we left 15 minutes before it happened.

by nightstrike75 on 4/16/2013 10:03:08 AM

To pandasrock292 and everyone else who's afraid, the thing about terrorism, is that this is what it's designed to do. Make people afraid. Grab people's attention. They try to rule us through fear and that's not OK. It's all right to be scared but it's what you do with that fear that determines what kind of person you are. You can't just live in a bubble thinking that nothing could ever happen to you. This attack could have been anywhere, effecting anyone. But what we need to do as a country is honor the victims of this terrible event and get on with our lives. It just goes to show that we need to live life to the fullest and have no regrets.

by Actress-2-B on 4/16/2013 8:41:24 AM

I'm watching a news special on this right now. Praying for everyone in Boston <3

by myfatsquirrel on 4/15/2013 10:12:52 PM

I love the quotes. REally inspirational.

by Emilicious on 4/15/2013 9:47:30 PM