AN HOUR AGO Caramel pudding recipe? Yasss!! http://t.co/rijE55Yvy8

AN HOUR AGO Who needs a night out when you've got 6 @FierceReads to dive into?! http://t.co/Agm9QX1En2

2 HOURS AGO We’re spending our entire weekend reading our FREE copy of #Crewel via @wattpad. No shame. #bookclub http://t.co/d7EI8fySGq

COMMENTS

Words to remember when life gets scary

When bombs went off near the Boston Marathon finish line this afternoon, fear spread across America--the same fear, I'm sure, that's felt globally when such...

you need to be the difference you want to see

by 12pinky on 7/10/2013 7:47:47 PM

The world is full of scary things and people. But we can't live our lives in fear.

by hinatagal on 7/5/2013 12:40:25 PM

ModModMod

Hey girlie,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, etc.

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Meghan D.

by 1DFan99 on 5/11/2013 10:37:50 PM

My friend told me that this person on instagram posted:
"I go to school, I get shot. I go to a movie, I get shot. I go to a marathon, I get bombed. What kind of world is this today?"
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Our world can be a nightmare. Lynae P.

by FaithPetrowski on 5/3/2013 6:49:26 PM

I feel a lot worse now. :'(

by Radieal on 4/21/2013 7:00:42 PM

oh hey it's mr. rogers! I watched him all the time when I was little lol love his quote. I love the picture in quote 7.

by Casey_cookie on 4/18/2013 8:53:29 PM

Ralph Waldo Emerson didn't make the third quote...Frederick Buechner did.Girls' Life, you were wrong.

by claya13 on 4/18/2013 4:39:17 PM

That's really sad. I'm just glad it was only two people that died. Unlike that shooting at that school.

by maddybug on 4/17/2013 3:52:09 PM

@scamp24, I see how that could have sounded different then what I meant. What I meant was that we can't live in fear that it will happen to us, but we also can't ignore it. Those people who were killed, injured, or helped the wounded deserve to be remembered so I apologize if that came off the wrong way.

by Actress-2-B on 4/16/2013 9:39:36 PM

It wasn't a gun this time.

by Em11ily on 4/16/2013 9:20:50 PM

It's scary to know that one person has the power to end many peoples lives. My moms cousin was at the marathon and was injured and now he is in the hospital and has to have surgery. So many bad things are happening recently like shootings at places that should be safe like a movie theater and schools, even someone brought a gun to My school! Terrifying

by awtechnofish on 4/16/2013 9:18:31 PM

I like how instead of reporting the ACTUAL news, Girlslife posts articles like this to make everyone's day. @ ashbabe567765, I think so too. There was just a fight at my school even! I hate violence and am a pacifist through! Smile

by -strawberry13 on 4/16/2013 8:56:31 PM

Bad things can happen anywhere. The sad thing is that we cannot even protect ourselves in our own homes, schools, malls. Anywhere, really.

by cookies345 on 4/16/2013 8:28:25 PM

While I encourage you all to pray for the families of those killed and the injured people of the Boston bombing, I also encourage you all to focus on the 708 Bostonians who offered up their own homes for the people who needed somewhere to stay while their loved ones are in the hospital. Focus on the huge amount of people that are helping clean up the town, and rescuing others. Focus on the good-hearted people instead of the one insane madman/woman. Don't give up hope for this crazy world, we will pull through this.

One crazy < 708 helpful people.

by sbcreations on 4/16/2013 8:16:27 PM

by cookies345 on 4/16/2013 8:11:25 PM

I agree with everything you said, Actress-2-B.

by PandaPillowPet on 4/16/2013 7:30:10 PM

So honestly, I'm sad, afraid, and most of all mad about all of this. This is awful and it seems we can't go 6 months without these things happening. Did you know that school shootings happen every day? Only the really bad ones go on the news. (At least that's what my teacher told our class) So now the movies, school, and marathons are not safe. I remember when I was little and bad guys with weapons were only on tv or in books. This is the real world now, and its hell. (I'm sorry but I can't think of a nicer way to say that) Everyone's afraid everyday. We're all angry and hurt and we hold that against people. Now people with psychological problems are being feared. They shouldn't be. They're still normal people, it just happens that the gunman of Sandy Hooke had psychological problems. I don't understand why we all hate eachother. I mean, I get that in real life its not all rainbows and unicorns, but guns and bombs is not what real life should be. Everyone's so afraid .

by Supersid on 4/16/2013 7:25:49 PM

OMG. All I have to say is WHY??? I'm just glad that we have so many supportive people there for us when we're scared. I'm praying for all of the people who died or were injured and their families!

by Maya:) on 4/16/2013 7:19:55 PM

I am so sad this happened. An 8 year old boy was killed by one of the bombs. He was 8. He had his whole life ahead of him!! What senseless person could do this? I feel sad, confused and angry that this could happen. My prayers are with the families...

by Kstar101 on 4/16/2013 7:05:18 PM

I live in Massachusetts,in the suburbs of Boston,and honestly I am very scared and confused.Why old somebody do this? All I want is for this person to get what he deserves and for the victims to get better.the worst part is those who lost their lives can get better.Everyone PRAY FOR BOSTON

by juliacar on 4/16/2013 6:20:29 PM

@Actress-2-B, I agree with most of what you said. Except for the get on with our lives. Yes, we should do that, but we also need to remember the tragedies that occur, so that we can prevent them from happening again. NEWFLASH! Everyone can do something to make a world a better place. Just be nice. It's as simple as that. Even you can make the world a much nicer place to live in if only you're kind. Think about it! Then go do it. Future people will thank you.

by scamp24 on 4/16/2013 5:11:58 PM

What's sad is that a lot of the injured are children under the age of 15!!!!!

by bookworm2000 on 4/16/2013 4:20:00 PM

It's sad that people are so crazy to do this.

by bookworm2000 on 4/16/2013 4:19:03 PM

So upsetting about the Boston Marathon. I'm terrified.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/16/2013 11:47:16 AM

I live in Massachusetts and my dad was thinking about taking us to see the Marathon. I know some friends who were there and thankfully they are okay. My little sister was crying and she was really scared to know that this happened so close. This is just a horrible tragedy and my prayers go out to all the victims, their families, and everyone who experienced this.

by teadancer on 4/16/2013 11:44:41 AM

As a Boston girl myself, this is so terrifying to know it happened right in "my backyard". Many of my friends just missed the bombing luckily, including one who was standing right where the second one went off, but her and her friends decided to grab lunch 1/2 hr before it went off. Everyone else i knew who was there was luckily inside, or had left shortly before it happened. My cousin also works at one of the hospitals and she said it was so scary for them to go into code amber (no one comes in or goes out) and to see so many people injured so bad. It was just amazing though to see how quickly ppl were willing to come together and jump right into helping those were injured, and how everyone just started praying and supporting one another. It just goes to show how strong and resilient Boston is!

by iheartu? on 4/16/2013 10:39:20 AM

my family and i went to the red sox game and we could see the marathon from the parking lot but we left 15 minutes before it happened.

by nightstrike75 on 4/16/2013 10:03:08 AM

To pandasrock292 and everyone else who's afraid, the thing about terrorism, is that this is what it's designed to do. Make people afraid. Grab people's attention. They try to rule us through fear and that's not OK. It's all right to be scared but it's what you do with that fear that determines what kind of person you are. You can't just live in a bubble thinking that nothing could ever happen to you. This attack could have been anywhere, effecting anyone. But what we need to do as a country is honor the victims of this terrible event and get on with our lives. It just goes to show that we need to live life to the fullest and have no regrets.

by Actress-2-B on 4/16/2013 8:41:24 AM

I'm watching a news special on this right now. Praying for everyone in Boston <3

by myfatsquirrel on 4/15/2013 10:12:52 PM

I love the quotes. REally inspirational.

by Emilicious on 4/15/2013 9:47:30 PM

by Emilicious on 4/15/2013 9:47:14 PM

this makes me really afraid of terrorism
mods please help me

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 9:37:46 PM

Even though I haven't met any of you, I hope the best of wishes to all of you! Always remember that somebody is there for you. ALWAYS!

by ising990 on 4/15/2013 9:07:27 PM

That's it. There's too much violence nowadays. Too many people are dead. It needs to stop, like, NOW

by ashbabe567765 on 4/15/2013 9:06:58 PM

Pray 4 Boston! <3

by kiwigirl777 on 4/15/2013 8:05:17 PM

mod
my dads best friend was in that marathon!!!!
shes okay but SCARY

Hey girl! SO glad she's okay!

xo

Taeler L.

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 8:04:13 PM

Good advice. I am listening to news because i cant watch.

by Softballgirl500 on 4/15/2013 6:43:51 PM