AN HOUR AGO #BookClub: The story of one cute crush—told from 14 other people! We love #ALittleSomethingDifferent: http://t.co/orSadmBRgR #swoonreads

13 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

17 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

COMMENTS

How S-W-E-E-T it is!

So our school had a spelling bee that the entire eighth grade had to attend. My crush was up for the warm-up words and the word...

ADORABLE!!!<3 reading the Sweetie section!!!
xoxo

by pinterest on 6/25/2013 7:48:19 PM

HELP!!!!
I just got my first boyfriend, this past weekend. It became official this past weekend. He kissed me for the first time at prom. Now, to give you some background, he has only had one girlfriend before me, and I have never had a boyfriend.
When he kissed me, it was terrible!!! It honestly felt like my dog was trying to kiss me. (ew) I don't know how to tell him that I didn't like it without offending him. Is there anything I can do? Please help. Frown

Hey girl, if you like your BF and you want to keep dating him, then you should definitely try to communicate that you're not a fan of certain kissing techniques.  The next time you guys kiss, you could say something like, "let's try it this time without any tongue."  You can make little recommendations and requests to help guide the way he kisses, without outright telling him you don't like the way he kisses.  Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by MissMystery17 on 4/22/2013 10:19:29 AM

I NEEED HELP
I started liking this guy for a while now, and he found out about it. He told one of my friend (who is also his friend). I still don't know if the guy likes me too. But I just learned that my friend is actually in love with me. I had no idea and all of my friends knew and were hiding it from me. And apparently the guy that I like knows that my friend likes me and someone told me he didn't want to do anything because he doesn't want to upset my friend. I really don't know what to do, I want to say to my friend that it won't work because I don't like him but I'm not supposed to know that he likes me. (Sorry for my english, it's not my first language)

by cla2611 on 4/21/2013 11:28:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So theres this guy that I liked and I was almost positive he liked me to and we were super close and I thought he may ask me out then this mean girl told him I liked him and he said I was weird and he would never date me so I let go of him and now he is being nice again, he flirts, looks at me in the eye when we talk, he always has to ask me for a pencil and if he loses it he gives me one, he is hilarious and knows exactly how to make me laugh, when I sit next to him he always inches closer till we are touching every single day this happens in Spanish. but I'm afraid of getting hurt again since he was such a jerk to me before so does he like me or what?! Help! Thank you so much

Hey girl, do whatever is in your heart. If you think you're going to get hurt again, move on to the next cutie! Otherwise, just talk to this boy and see what will happen.
lauren r.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 4/21/2013 11:12:09 AM

OMG!!! So cute!!!! Smile

by char char on 4/20/2013 8:12:39 PM

That is soo cute! Lucky girl!

by ImagineIraine on 4/18/2013 1:50:52 AM

OMG! Soooo sweet!

by Sunbreath on 4/17/2013 6:15:42 PM

MODMODMOD
Hey! Well, yesterday afternoon I met my boyfriend's mom, sister, and his sister's bf. They seemed extremely nice. I think my dad liked them too. Another plus is that my bf said that his mama likes me. I was happy to hear that. My problem is that I clam up around people. It doesn't matter who I'm trying to talk to. I always act like this around my parents whenever I wanna hang out with my bf. I have always had a very, very shy nature. I know that's what stops me from asking them when I wanna hang out with him. Also, another reason we never hang out is that our last date was very generic. All I'm asking is... 1) How do I shake my shyness around others? 2) How do I get the nerve to ask my parents if we can go on dates? and 3) What are some good spring dates? I looked at the spring date article, and they just don't jump out at me. Sorry this is so long! Thank you for your help! MODS rock!

Hey girl, check out these shy posts.  Hopefully you'll find some of them to be helpful!  Just take a deep breath and ask your parents if you and your BF can go on an outing.  Make a specific plan with him and then ask your parents if you can go to the movies or the park or wherever.  And here's a ton of cute date ideas.  Have fun!

Karin E.

by KenzieC84 on 4/17/2013 3:34:51 PM

MOD MOD!!!
Please help! About 3 months ago I got my first boyfriend. My parents were very clear that they didn't want any kissing to happen between us. About a month ago, he kissed me (my first kiss) and I haven't told my mom. I usually tell her everything and I have so much guilt it's driving me crazy. How do I tell her? Please answer right away. I'm freaking out.

Hey girl, if you want to tell your mom, just be honest and tell her as soon as you can.  Hopefully you can have an open conversation about kissing and your boyfriend.  Go for it.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Pinklife on 4/17/2013 12:56:20 AM

So me and my boyfriend of 5 days were face timing and he was like " check your voicemail" so I did and at the end of the first it said "I" then at the end of the second one it said "love" and then I called him back on FaceTime and he said you. I told him I loved him to but I'm wondering if this is moving too fast or if I'm just scared since I haven't ever really been in a serious relationship.

Hey girl, every single relationship is different and there's no right or wrong time to say "I love you."  If you feel like saying that is going too fast, then you don't have to say it anymore.  You can explain to your BF that while you really like him, you're not ready to say "I love you" quite yet.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by quinn1218 on 4/16/2013 11:34:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I really like this boy and he said he liked me too! We're pretty good friends but he said he didn't want to go out cause he thinks we would be awkward if we broke up and stop talking. I can tell he really likes me cause he used to stay up with me over spring break until 3am just texting! But usually nowadays he ignores my texts and only replies sometimes... He always called me beautiful and complimented but he said he wanted to go out with this girl, let's call her C. She's pretty and they seem like a good match but I really don't understand if he likes me!? We only have one class together so I can't talk to him very much.. just really over text.. THANKS! Smile

Hey girl, it sounds like he was really flirty with you but then he stopped.  If he told you he wants to go out with someone else, it's probs time for you to move on and think about crushin' on someone else.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by sugar7410 on 4/16/2013 11:14:38 PM

Mod Mod Mod
So I like this boy that I am in our school play with. I am 14 but am really mature, everyone thought I was 16 or 17 until I told them otherwise. This boy is cute, funny and nice, he makes me feel good about myself and is very encouraging. We share common interests, goals and values. He respects me for me. The only problem is he is 17 going on 18 he is graduating high school this year. I can't get this guy out of my mind. How do I get all romantic interests in this guy out of my mind so I can just enjoy our friendship?

Hey girlie! That's a tough question. I don't really know if I have a solution for you. It sounds like you guys have been getting along pretty well so far, though; I would just keep doing what you're doing. I don't think the romantic interest will ever go away entirely, but if you can mask it enough when you're interacting with him, then it'll keep things from getting potentially awkward.
Florence N.

by Nmarie on 4/16/2013 10:44:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have state tests this week and next week. How can I not completely stress out about the tests? Thanks alot please answer by tomorrow please. Thanks.

Hey girlie! Just take a deep breath. Relax. If you've studied and prepared, I'm certain you'll do fine. Take the night of the tests off and do something soothing, like reading something not academic or soaking in a bubble bath. Distracting your mind for even just one night is sometimes the best thing you can do.
Florence N.

by hgrules on 4/16/2013 10:29:01 PM

Moderater (moderator, modarater)
idk
whenever i close out of Girls Life .com it always signs me out even though i say "remember me next time" its really annoying

Hey girlie! Sorry about that - I don't really know why that's happening. I don't have an explanation off the top of my head, but try emailing brittany@girlslife.com with your concerns.
Florence N.

by pandasrock292 on 4/16/2013 9:39:07 PM

MODMOD MOD
All the guys at my school are nasty perverts that only care about girl's boobs and stuff like that! They're disgusting! He only nice ones have a GF and my crush likes one of my close friends! I'm really shy, too. I feel like I'll never have a BF but I'm ready to and I want one! Btw I'm almost 15 a freshman.

Hey girlie! I know it doesn't feel like it, but you're still young. You have plenty of time to find the right person to date.  Ultimately, your relationship should develop because you like the other person and want him to be your boyfriend, and not just because you want a boyfriend for the sake of having a boyfriend.
Florence N.

by teampeetapercy on 4/16/2013 9:22:08 PM

MOD MOD
My best friend recently told me that she smokes pot at parties! I told her how awful it is for her and that she'll be in a lot of trouble if shegets caught! It didn't work. She hangs out wih a girl who's mean to her so she can get it! I'm afraid to tell my mom because then she won't like her but I don't want to get her in trouble because she's one of the only close friends I have, but I don't want her to become a burnout and get arrested! I feel uncomfortble talking to her at school, even though I don't go to parties. What should I do MOD?!?! Thanks so much!!

Hey girl. You're right to be worried about her; this is definitely serious. I know it's tempting to keep quiet because she's your friend and you're afraid of losing her, but helping her stay safe is much more important at this point. It sounds like she's not listening to you, so try taking your concerns to another advisory figure in her life. It might be her parents, or an older sibling, or even a teacher she might be close with. Either way, it sounds like she could really use some guidance.
Florence N.

by teampeetapercy on 4/16/2013 9:19:55 PM

Aww you're so lucky! I get as much attention from guys as kindergarteners give a white crayon.
My best guy friend goes to another high schoolin the area (we went to the same middle and elementry) and we text a lot but he last few months haven't been. He never replies to my texts, even when I ask what's up or is everythin okAy, haven't heard from you in awhile. I kinda have a cruah on him and I think maybe me EX best friend who 's his friend might have told him. What should I do? I really miss him!!

Hey girlie! Unfortunately, it's natural for relationships to drift apart, especially if you haven't seen each other for a while. If he's not responding, don't badger him too much. Instead, text him every once in a while with a funny story, or when you want to tell him something you know he'd appreciate; it's more likely that he'll respond to those types of messages than just a 'hey'. And if you want to know whether your ex BFF spilled the beans or not, just ask her. It defs couldn't hurt.
Florence N.

by teampeetapercy on 4/16/2013 9:12:24 PM

Oh my god! That is sooo cute Laughing

by Emilicious on 4/16/2013 9:01:47 PM

Mod mod mod
So the guy I still like, (who gave me his number, then rejected me 6 months ago) was acting weird today. He always acts weird around me, because he rejected me in the paat and things barely got better with time. I was fixing my hair, and my sister said that his friend said "your gf's here". I was the only girl in the room over the age of 10, and I don't think a teenager would like to date a 10 year old lol! So that was weird. It seems like he mimics my movements, like when I touch my hair, he touches his. Is that just a coincidence? In karate, he had to pick a name from a pile, and it just so happened that he got my name. Is it meant for us to be together or something? Do I say hi next time and try to become friends? This time, if he does like me, I don't want to look easy. Any tips? Thanks(:

Hey girlie! If things have been rocky with you guys in the past, I would take it slow. Do say 'hi' and try to become friends again, but keep your distance until you can get a gauge on what he's really feeling. If he likes you and wants to become closer, he'll let you know!
Florence N.

by isabellec on 4/16/2013 9:00:38 PM

One of my besties got asked out today by another besties crush. She doesn't want to hurt anyones feelings, but she wants to give the guy a chance. I'm really concerned something bad will happen. What should I do?

Hey Eve W, there's really nothing you can do as it is your friend's choice. Maybe you can talk to her about how your other friend will feel. Persuade her to think about what it would feel like if her friend was dating her crush. It seems like she wants to give the other guy a chance to avoid hurting his feelings. She could gently explain to him why they can't date, maybe even tell him about your other friend (without saying her name of course). Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Eve W on 4/16/2013 8:13:26 PM

i was holding my boyfriends hand today and some of his friends and my friend were giving him a hard time because of it so then he turns around and says (while still holding my hand) "i dont care what you people think!" then later he even kissed my hand just like a prince would lmao!

by hottie1250 on 4/16/2013 7:37:03 PM