2 HOURS AGO Are you the kinda girl who goes with the flow? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/ukcFkXMyGl

5 HOURS AGO 5 tips for booting bad grades: http://t.co/kMlNTRGFos

6 HOURS AGO Wondering if you should you get back with your ex? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/6gYmS9fe3s

COMMENTS

I need longer pads! How do I tell Mom?

So I got my first period this week.. and my mom and I went to the store and got some U by Kotex Tween Pads...

Okay,so I have gym, and in gym, the expect you to change your clothes. The problem, I have my period, and I can't use tampons, so how do I hide my big, bulky, pads during my " Aunt Flo's" monthly visit? Thanks.

Hey gingepie, you could always go to the bathroom or wear gym clothes on the day you have to change. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by gingerpie on 8/6/2013 6:59:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I got my first period on July 9th, and it went pretty normally. Now it's almost August 9th, so it will probably come again, right? Well on the 9th and 10th I have swimming lessons and a swimming exam that I can't/don't want to skip! That means I'll have to wear tampons, but I'm freaked out. I don't even know where it goes! So my question is: How do you put a tampon in??

Hey girl,

Your period might not come right on schedule, especially at first. But you're smart to be prepared! The tampon box will definitely have directions on the side. But this GL article is sure to help:

Good luck! You can totally handle it.

xo

Caroline C.

by katherine34592 on 8/5/2013 1:59:48 PM

Mod mod mod
Just one more question,
so do I have to buy anything to make the cramps go away. Cause it really really hurts like I'm being stabbed. How can I make them go away

Hey taylorisfab, mhm try taking some Tylenol and drinking ginger ale to settle your stomach. Even putting a heating pad on your tummy might help. Aww I hope you feel better! Frown

Lynae P.

by taylorisfab on 7/23/2013 8:43:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My stomach has been bothering me a lot lately. It feels like cramps. And then today when I went to the bathroom and saw some reddish pink stuff in my undies. Does it sound like a period? I really have no clue about this bc I'm homeschooled by my dad and he hasn't told me any of this. My parents are divorced and I spend most of my time at my dads house where I'm at now. If it is a period how do I tell him I got it and what should buy to use?

Hey taylorisfab, yeah I think that is your period. You should explain to him how your stomach has been bothering you, and that you think your period is coming. You should head to the supermarket, or places like CVS, Rite-Aid, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. and buy the green pads from Always that have wings. Wings on a pad just mean that there is a flap on each side of it that wraps around your underwear. This way blood won't leak onto your underwear. Let me know if you have anymore questions! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by taylorisfab on 7/23/2013 8:30:15 PM

hi! I'm new here at girlslife. (: just wanted to ask do you put MOD at the beginning of every comment you make or is it just when you have a question?

Hey taylorisfab, first, welcome to Girls Life!! Thanx a bunchies for joining. Smile And you only type MOD when you have a question you'd like us to answer. If you're just commenting beneath an article you don't need to type it. Let me know if you have any other questions! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by taylorisfab on 7/23/2013 6:57:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
i was just wondering if all the playtex tampons ever made open 360?
and same with the tampax, do all of them open width wise? or do some open 360 also? thanks!

Not all tampons open 360, either playtex or tampax. Some do, some don't. xx

Hannah M

by LoveHappens on 7/10/2013 12:18:05 PM

Elizabeth provided some really good articles about using tampons. We all have been or will be there when being nervous about using tampons because we have to insert them, its not like an easy pad but if we want to swim and wear certain clothes tampons are needed.

The website "wikihow" has really good tips and diagrams on how to use tampons. Looking at GL and other websites made it easier for me when it came to using tampons. Good advice is not to tense up and let it relax down there when putting it inside and find the right angle to allow it to go in, using lubricant will also help. Its not that hard after you get used to it.

by fashionqn on 7/8/2013 12:54:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

I want to start using tampons but I'm a little scared to. My mom and some other women in my family don't wear them and have always said to stay away from them, but I want to try them. I'm not sure what kind to buy. And I'm worried about putting it in wrong or it hurting. Any advice?

Hey GL girl! Tampons are pretty harmless if you know how to apply them. Talk to your mom and tell her you want to try tampons. If you don't know what kind to buy, look at websites that sell tampons and look at the reviews on those websites. They'll tell you how good the product is/if it didn't work, etc. Here's some advice from Girls Life that might help!

Good luck, GL girl!

-L

ElizabethGwenn

by allison184 on 6/28/2013 3:50:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
Tomorrow, the whole seventh grade (including me) is going a field trip to the beach. The problem is IO have my period. It is coming to an end, and I know your not supposed to wear a tampon when you don't have your period. I am going swimming, and I don't like wearing shorts over my bikini bottoms. What do I do?
Many thanks,
-Abby Smile

Hey girl! It's true you're not supposed to wear a tampon when you're not on your period, but if it's just a day it doesn't hurt, so no worries. I would keep one in as a precautionary measure and wear bottoms with coverage, nothing too stringy or revealing, and you should be fine to swim. xx

Hannah M

by Abby774 on 6/19/2013 10:41:08 AM

I'm going on vacation with my grandparents, and it's a swimming vacation! I have my period, but I don't know how to tell tthem that I can't swim (because I don't use tampons yet). How do I tell them that I can't swim?

Hey girl,

Let your grandma know that you're not feeling too great and would rather sit by the pool side than get in the water. She'll prob catch on. Luckily there's plenty more to do on vacation other than swimming. No one's going to force ya to swim if you don't want to!

xo