1 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

5 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

5 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Can you stay friends after just one kiss?

I’ve had a best guy friend since third grade. I asked him out last month, and he said, “I would just like it if we stayed...

I have had a bgf since 4th grade and I am starting to have a crush on him. But the thing is, I am homeschooled, he's not, he lives, like an hour away, and I'm not allowed to date him but only because my mom wants me to marry him, and I'm not supposed to ruin things now by dating him. He is such a gentleman, and he is really funny and sweet. I used to have a boy friend but my bgf was there before and after the realtionship ended, and same for him and his ex! Also, he is a couple of years older than me, but we have never cared about that. (He wanted to introduce me to his high school class) I don't want to ruin things between us as friends and make things awkward. I WANT to flirt with him, but my better judgment tells me to let things be. Help!
P.S. What does MOD mean?

Hey morgan0115, I don't see anything wrong with flirting and letting him know how you feel. I'm sure he feels the same and he could want to take it to the next level. If you never put yourself out there, you'll never know. And MOD is short for Moderator. We are the girls who help you girlies out with any questions or concerns you may have. So whenever you want our help or attention type MOD at the beginning. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by morgan0115 on 5/24/2013 6:51:28 PM

I'm in 5th grade and i have a bf. i really like him and he likes me. He wants to hug and kiss me. I dont know if im ready for that. Also my BFF doesnt like him. She doesnt have a reason she just says your to young. I feel like i cant tell her anything about whats happening. I want her advice but she doesnt wanna talk abt it with me!!! Idk what i should do??? I have other friends who i could talk to i guess. One more thing, do you think im to young to have a bf???

Hey girlie,

There's no right or wrong age to have a boyfriend, as long as you think you're ready, it's cool with your parents, and he's not pressuring you to do anything you don't want. If you don't want to hug and kiss, tell him that! He'll understand, and if he likes you he would never want to do something that made you uncomfortable. Maybe you could invite your bff to hang out with the two of you and get to know him better so that she could see how happy you are and how much you like him!

Meghan D.

by awesomella on 5/12/2013 12:18:11 AM

Well I can kind of relate because this already happened to me and my bgf. We went out for a couple months and then I broke up with him. A couple weeks later I found out that it was on his b-day, nice one Diggs. So we didn't talk for a while he dated other people I got crushed by my crushes and we hated each other's guts. Our bgf came into it and got us both to talk it out and I kind of told him I still liked him. It's true I do but I want to see if he wants to stay friend zoned or more than that. Since our bgf has a gf he invited both of us to go to the movies. Should I go or let him feel the wrath of the third wheel?

Hey girl! So I totes love the idea of having him feel like the third wheel.  If he knows you were invited but declined that is playing hard to get.  So def do that unless you really want to go.  Its completely fine to go with them if you want.

Elizabeth K.

by vani98 on 5/9/2013 10:08:32 PM

Dear Carol,
Im a freshman currently and over the summer im moving across the country to a different state in a city i havent lived in for over 6 years. Any tips on how to make a good impression on the first day. also any tips on guys? like what to do if someone catches my eye?

Thanks

by Ashley_1798 on 5/7/2013 5:30:19 PM

Ok so my crush and I have been texting a ton. He knows I like I actually told him, and he told me he likes me too (yay!!) but now I need to know some cute flirtatious texts that tell him he should totally ask me out because my mom says he's the only guy I'm allowed to date and he's the only one I would want to date anyways. He's a really sweet guy, and we have a lot in common. I obviously know he likes me because he told me. And he knows I like him. I don't ask guys out. Even though I'm a feminist, I still don't think I would ask a guy out. It's not my style. But anyways are there any really adorable things that I could text him and make him keep thinking about me? And maybe even ask me out;)

Hey girl, check out this post: "The dos and don'ts of flirtexting."  Hope that helps!  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/25/2013 11:49:22 AM

Okay so my friend just got a BF whos in high school (shes in 7th grade). They skype and talk to each other on FB all the time and I just spoke to him through FB today. They both played a big prank on me and I feel bad now. Anyway, he really annoys me and he was being arrogant. She wants us to meet in person on her birthday and he said he wants to meet me too. How do I handle this situation without my friend getting mad at me and without me fighting with him or something?

Hey girl, just think of your friend's best interest. Just be cordial and nice. You can talk to her on a later date about how you don't think he's right for her, but who knows, maybe you could change your mind when you see them two together.

lauren r.

by AvatarTLA on 4/20/2013 1:43:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So, I recently wrote about this guy (in how make him laugh) and so he was my first boyfriend I really liked him and he broke up with me because he told me he really liked me but wasn't ready for a girlfriend. So yesterday my close friend and he told me they were dating! I cried my eyes out! I've tried getting over him, I've done everything. But it's so hard and he is breaking my heart every day. And the girl is one of my best friends who KNEW I was still getting over him. She's the one who told me he was off limits to any girl but me!!! She told me she just realllly liked him and he really liked her. Why did she say yes if she knew it would hurt me???? Why did he lie to me? What do I do? Do I stay mad at him or not? I'm just heartbroken and need answers.
Thank you so much.

Hey girl, have a one-on-one conversation with your friend and ask her your questions.  Forgiveness is always a good path to take, but you don't have to spend lots of time with your friend and your ex if it makes you feel bad.  Check out these great posts: "5 healthy ways to get over him" and "6 secrets to get him out of your head."  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by Wisegirl1000 on 4/18/2013 8:51:18 AM

I know how you feel to, I have liked a long time friend and ended up wanting to kiss and be more than just friends but you have to be realistic and realize what you are getting into. If he doesnt want a relationship obviously you just cant kiss him but you could give hints and see what happens. But BEWARE, if you do kiss him dont think that will get it out of your system, you will want more. Its natural to want more and not be satisfied after kissing. And dont let it turn into a FWB because those always end badly. So, as tempting as it may be dont be a friend with benefits.

by fashionqn on 4/17/2013 4:44:55 PM