AN HOUR AGO So...um...is it Friday yet?

2 HOURS AGO 7 healthy breakfast recipes we heart: http://t.co/EafWjiU63P #GLFitness

3 HOURS AGO Who inspires us to be strong, successful, independent women (besides our moms, of course)?: http://t.co/ktxJfKL7K6

COMMENTS

GL's going quiet for the Day of Silence. Are you?

Today is the National Day of Silence. Girls' Life will be joining thousands of schools, organizations and individuals across the country to call attention to...

I tried this for a day but it was hard i only made it till lunch

by i <3 1d on 5/21/2013 11:54:57 AM

I saw quite a few people at my school protesting. They put real ductape across their mouths.

by myfatsquirrel on 4/21/2013 12:03:16 PM

Thank you, GL. I recently told two of my bffs I'm bi. But they just laughed at me and said I can't be. But I know what I am, and nobody else knows me like I do, so I believe that I am the only one who can choose what I am. I may be only ten, but, they're the same age, and they're bi. They once even dated. I believe in myself. I may not have ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend, but right now, I focusing on my school work and getting into college for free. I'm focusing on myself, my family, my friends. So right now,I'm perfectly happy being me. I may be afraid to talk to people about it, but I'm certainly not ashamed, or insane, or crazy, or weird, or any of those things that people call me. I believe I'm perfectly fine just the way I am. I may have the occasional flip-out-on-people-for-no-reason-cause-I'm-breaking-inside meltdown, but who doesn't? Nobody's perfect,but I'm happy with me and being who I am, and that's all that matters to me right now. Today, tomorrow, any day, I'm happy.

by BriannaM911 on 4/20/2013 5:14:02 AM

Great job to all those who participated today! I totally agree this is a great thing. God created people and loves us all, whether you are LGBT or not.

@sammehkat-Lol, nice quote Tong

by Catlover4723 on 4/20/2013 12:15:20 AM

I didn't know about this until too late, some people did this at my school. I'll do it next year though!! Tong

by Catlover4723 on 4/20/2013 12:04:46 AM

lol my school failed at that today... we had a pep rally XD

by spazzygirI on 4/19/2013 11:37:08 PM

My old BFF ditched me. we are now pretty much arch nemeisis's, but she keeps ripping on me too others, and spreading rumors. What can I do too get her of my back?

Hey girlie,

The good thing about rumors is that they tend to die quickly, so try ignoring them and they will go away! If she says something mean to your face, it's ok to defend yourself, but try to be the bigger person and not insult her back. You don't have to be nemeses--friends grow apart all the time, and if you treat her with respect, she should respond in a similar way. If it reaches the point of bullying, though, you should talk to a parent, guidance counselor or other trusted adult about how to deal with the situation.
Meghan D.

by 513520cb on 4/19/2013 10:45:38 PM

The constitution says that "all men are created equal." Meghan D.

by fashionista997 on 4/19/2013 10:06:54 PM

Dang! i missed it! any other day i can do this?

by 513520cb on 4/19/2013 10:01:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am in math class with these two boys (Lets call them K and F) and they are both really nice to everyone. I have a huge crush on K. After school, we all do effects for the school musical. There is a kid there who is a grade lower than us (lets call him N). He is really nice and I'm friends with him, but he has very few friends. He always compliments me and is really nice, and sometimes he flirts with me. Whenever I'm alone with K or F, they are really nice to me. Whenever they are around N and only N, they are nice to him. But whenever its all four of us, K and F are really mean to N. What should I do? I kinda feel guilty for having a crush on K, because he can be mean.

Hey girlie,

You don't have to feel guilty for your feelings, because you can't control them! If you don't like the way they're treating your younger friend, though, you could stick up for him next time one of them says something mean to him or about him, or say that it's not nice to be mean to people. Hopefully, they'll get the hint and stop, and if not you could just talk to your other friends without them until they apologize.

Meghan D.