12 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

15 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

16 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

Green meanies: How to make veggies taste good

Fellow picky eaters, unite! If there's one thing I can be counted on to do come dinner time, it would be snubbing the veggies on...

Im trying to lose weight before school starts again, and im trying my best. But nothing works. i cut down on snacks, i take vitamins, i try to eat healthy, and i do daily 2-3 mile bike rides. im still the exact same weight i was in May! i really think im sorta overweight. any suggestions?

Hey girlie, try counting your calories for a couple days. That will give you a good idea of what you're eating and how much you're actually eating. Increase your exercising and try to mix it up. When your body gets used to the same kind of exercise that's sometimes why you're not seeing progress. Try doings some workout videos at home and go on walks or runs to burn more calories.

Lauren T.

by actack on 7/14/2013 6:51:04 PM

awesome!

by sohi105 on 5/18/2013 6:06:08 PM

Woah woah woah woah WOAH!!I honestly dont get why people say they HATE vegetables! I mean, i will excuse the mushrooms(i love them), but what about broccoli is so bad?? A lot of vegetables are pretty mild in flavor, like broccoli !!! comment on my profile if you agree cuz i wont check otherwise.

by proballerina on 5/4/2013 7:40:40 PM

Mod,
I'm really trying to lose a little bit of weight before summer but whenever I lose weight I always end up gaining it back after I eat too much. Why is it so hard to lose weight and then so easy to gain it back? Am I doing something wrong?

Hey ilovehamsters77, you have to believe you can keep that weight off. Right now you believe that it's hard and you'll gain it back. Have confidence in yourself. Also be sure you maintain good eating habits. It's okay to get unhealthy but always throw some fruits and veggies into your meals. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ilovehamsters77 on 5/3/2013 7:50:40 PM

I have this smoothie i make and it has mango,pineapple,orange juice,spinage,and this veggie juice. does it sound healthy???????????

by spartans_softball30 on 5/2/2013 5:56:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hey(: so i am a really good eater but when it comes to an after school snack I feel like i can never stop!! its horrible and it just makes me feel guilty! are there any good ideas to stop this? please help
xoxo

Hey girlie, make sure you're snacking on healthy foods. Eat fruit, carrot sticks, celery or nuts. That way you can eat as much as you want without feeling guilty about it. And healthy foods will fill you up faster instead of just eating empty calories.

Lauren T.

by princesschick1999 on 4/29/2013 7:02:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Hey okay so I turned 13 this month and I couldn't have my birthday party because my grandfather diedFrown so that was an awesome birthday (sarcasm in use). So I already started planning my 14th birthday and I just wanted to ask you how it sounded... Our town has a large river and I was planning to get a bigish boat to fit lots of my friends and just to spend the day out on the lake then there is this big building that I was planning to rent out and till like 11 watch a bunch of movies (it will be a movie theater theme), popcorn, candy, hotdogs, corndogs, ect...we'll also watch vids we took that day and then send the guys home and have a big sleepover with all the girls... What do you think about it??

Hey Girlie! First of all, I am SO sorry to hear about your grandpa Frown I hope you are doing okay <3

I'm so happy you are already getting excited for your 14th birthday!! Birthdays are the BEST!  Your birthday party idea sounds awesome! I would def go for it! Im kinda jeal, I wish I had thought of that when I was turning 14 Smile

Elizabeth K.

by #1partier on 4/25/2013 8:33:37 PM

mod mod mod
Is it weird to like the taste of vegetables? I like them raw or cooked I just like them but almost everyone I know thinks something is wrong with me. I know there isnt, but can you like them because your mind says they are good for you or is it just because you can have taste buds that say they taste good?

Hey girl, it's wonderful to like the taste of veggies!  Eating a healthy diet never tasted so good!  That's not weird at all.  To understand the science of your taste buds, you might want to consult a biologist or doctor or even a nutritionist.  Sounds like a cool research project!

Karin E.

by fashionqn on 4/25/2013 4:07:42 PM

random Q but how do you make french toast?

Hey girl, fun Q!  Check out this recipe: vanilla French toast.  If you don't want it to be vanilla flavored, just leave that ingredient out.  Sounds delish!

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 4/25/2013 11:34:39 AM

I am having a cupcake party one day im gonna make peanut butter and jelly cupcakes the frosting is gonna be peanut butter and cream cheese and the cupcakes are gonna have a blueberry jam filling im also gonna stick reese candy bar sticks in the frosting does this sound good?

Hey girl, yes, that sounds totes delish!  Good luck with the baking!

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 4/24/2013 4:21:55 PM

Mod mod mod
This is unrelated, but I heard toothpaste can get rid of blackheads and pinples. Is that true?

Hey girl, it depends.  Some toothpastes can irritate your skin.  Sometimes leaving a little bit of toothpaste on a pimple overnight can help, but don't use a gel kind.  Also, if you have acne skin care products, those are better to use than toothpaste.

Karin E.

by a_school_nerd on 4/24/2013 12:13:32 AM

celery
but i eat like all other veggies, i eat really healthy because of my mom Smile

by Zia111 on 4/23/2013 8:59:34 PM

I LOVE VEGETABLES Yummy Smile

by Ralinia on 4/23/2013 6:55:11 PM

Kinda like XxStarlessNightxX I actually really love vegetables! I like brussel sprouts and broccoli and carrots I wouldn't say I like it more than fruit but I do like them. But if I had to choose I thank my least favorite would be cauliflower! That is actually gross.

by OMG GUESS WHAT on 4/22/2013 10:56:04 PM

My mom has a recipe book called the sneaky chef and used to use a recipe that put spinach in brownies. Sounds gross, but they tasted like any other brownies, Tong

by Cousin11 on 4/22/2013 10:26:34 PM

I really hate lima beans. I like most other vegetables.

by supersingershannon on 4/22/2013 7:37:29 PM

Celery- ugh. I despise it, and just the smell of it makes me sick.

by Maya:) on 4/22/2013 7:29:15 PM

As weird as it is, I love vegetables. They're my favorite food other than fruit ^_^

by XxStarlessNightxX on 4/22/2013 6:33:24 PM

Brussel Sprouts... Ugh! I remember having them only once. I will never eat them again.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 4/22/2013 5:54:01 PM

I hate cauliflower. Ick! So mushy!

by rainbowvampire on 4/22/2013 5:27:30 PM

I love vegetables (except for cucumbers, zucchini, onions, and peppers..those are nasty) i put spinach on EVERYTHING though-since I often have sandwiches at school, i add lots of spinach to it because its a superfood and its not like you can't taste it much anyway.

by BBMarie on 4/22/2013 4:56:58 PM

I hate cauliflower, radishes and peppers. Ill eat pretty much any other veggie!!! Thanks for the tips btw they are great!

by violagirl115 on 4/22/2013 4:21:45 PM