3 MINUTES AGO He kissed her for the camera...super creepy or really romantic? You decide: http://t.co/8dhBG6Wo0v

AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

2 HOURS AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

COMMENTS

I have no talents. Why am I so boring?

I just realized that I don't have any talent. I'm not the star basketball player, I'm not the greatest listener—I'm just not talented at anything...

Mod mod mod!
Hi. I'm new here in GL, how do I reply to a comment or post in a club? Thanks! xx

hey! You can't reply directly to comments, just post new ones, but to post in a club you become a member and then you can post Smile

Helen S.

by ilovetaylorswiftyahaveaproblem? on 5/18/2013 10:06:10 AM

what's mod mean?
sorry I'm just lost here Smile

Hey girl! You write mod when you want a moderator like me to answer any questions you have or give advice when needed.

Elizabeth K.

by ivanah on 5/6/2013 3:48:37 PM

Mod mod mod! Ok so I have been extremely bothered by sports Latley. I play softball and little bit of tennis. But I'm not a star at either. Basically what I'm saying is, most people I know are a star at, at least one sport. I'm not. It's really bothering me. Also I'm so afraid not to make the highschool teams that I'm going to have to face next year.

Hey marylofal16, you have to ask yourself why do you play sports? Is it to be recognized by other people or do you just play for the pure enjoyment? Just because you're good at them doesn't mean you have to be the star. Sometimes dedication and passion go further than talent. Show the crowd that you have both when you play and I'm sure they'll spot you out. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by marylofal16 on 4/30/2013 5:07:56 PM

Mod,
To participate in a dance competition, I had to pay $15 to my instructor so that she could register our team. However, I gave it through my dance team friend's mother, because my friend had told me that her mother would give the money immediately. Unfortunately, my instructor has not received the money, and I gave the money to my friend's mother about 3 months ago. Today, I called my friend to ask whether I could have the money back and give it directly to my instructor, but her mother blatantly refuses that I gave her money. I was pretty annoyed, because I clearly remembered that I gave money to her. I guess I came across a little rude on the phone, and I don't want to lose my friend as well as the money I gave. I don't want to involve my mother either, because I feel that this would just trouble her more. What should I do?

Hey Girl! OK so if I were you I would talk to your dance teacher.  Explain to your instructor what happened and I am sure she/he would understand.  Maybe your instructor can help talking to your friend's mom for you.  If that doesn't work I really think you should get your mom involved.  I know you don't want to but she can be very helpful.  I know you don't want to start a fight with your dance team friend but you didn't do anything wrong so you shouldn't be punished for this.

Elizabeth K.

by violaplayer09 on 4/30/2013 1:05:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD Thank you!

Hey girlie,  it's totally a matter of personal preference. Some women do and some don't. It's whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Lauren T.

by hawaiigirl624 on 4/28/2013 7:01:49 PM

I am really good with fashion, hair, and makeup. I am also a singer/songwriter/pianist/guitar player. And I'm pretty good at skateboarding and gymnastics. I learned all my skills by just jumping in! Whenever I see someone I know (or don't know) doing something cool I just give it a try. You never know, you might find something you are good at (skills above) or something that you aren't so good at (skim-boarding, hiking, running)

JellyBeanChick

by JellyBeanChick on 4/24/2013 10:37:27 AM

MOD- my friend and i got into a fight... she says she needs space because i'm clingy but she's ignoring me now even though i still have alot i need to say.. what should i do?

Hey girl, if she won't listen to you in-person, try writing her a letter.  That way you can get everything out that you want to say, and she'll have time to read it at her convenience.  Howevs, if this girl is ignoring you, it might be best to move forward and find closer friendships elsewhere with people who treat you with respect.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by iloveglee on 4/24/2013 9:56:59 AM

Mod Mod Mod
So I would like to start modeling but have no idea where to even start! I don't want to make a career out of it or anything, but more as a fun side job for the rest of high school. Any ideas?

Hey girl, if you're interested in modeling for GL, check out this link.  If you want, talk to your parents and ask them to help you find a modeling agency in your town.  Or, you can look for modeling opportunities in your community.  Maybe a local boutique or department store needs models for a fashion show.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by missykp on 4/23/2013 10:53:59 PM

im sure u got great talent at basket ball even no i dont no u you have a great talent at some thing but u just cant see it.

by armanibieber on 4/23/2013 10:53:04 PM

I think we are all talented in our own way. I have friends who concentrate on certain sports and activities and they are very good but they lack in other things, so we are talented in our own special way.

by fashionqn on 4/23/2013 10:22:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
Ok. So I really like this guy so much!! Hes sweet, funny, athletic, and all I want in a guy but he likes this other girl and was going to ask her out but she got a boyfriend. Now hes been all depressed and stuff and I want him to like me now that shes taken. We talk some on facebook but whenever we do its just short like saying "hey" and "whats up". Ive tried putting out signs that I like him but I dont think hes been noticing. What else should I do to make him notice me and possibly like me?? (P.S. Hes kinda shy but not really. I think its another thing thats cute about him!!)

Hey OliviaLuvsU!!!!, what signs have you tried putting out?

Lynae P.

by OliviaLuvsU!!! on 4/23/2013 5:37:56 PM

I subscribed to GL and i got an issue, but it wasa an old one. i still havent got the new one. i payed money ffor this so is their any way ypu could help?

Hey puddinface7, mhmm I don't know what's going on. A new one should be arriving. I would wait another week and if nothing happens, send brittany@girlslife.com an email. Let her know what's up and she should be able to help ya out. Thanx for being so patient with us. Sorry about that! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by puddinface7 on 4/23/2013 5:28:36 PM

MODMOD (:
There's a new guy at my school, and he's really awesome. He's funny, sweet, smart, and attractive. However, my BGF seems to have gotten to him first. The thing with my BGF is that he's really protective, and there's been two cases where I dated his (our) friends, and he complained I was stealing them away. I approached my BGF and told him to give my crush my number because I "forgot" to give it to him in class. He just burst out laughing and asked why, and then told me it was ridiculous how in love I was with him. He then started telling my girlfriend, which thank goodness told him to stop. I'm really embarassed now, and I don't want my BGF to tell my crush that happened. My crush likes another girl, but I at least want to be friends with him. Any suggestions? Thanks Smile

Hey girl, try having a one-on-one convo with your BGF and tell him how you feel and ask him not to say anything to your crush.  Tell him that you know your crush likes someone else and that you just want to be his friend.  Hope this helps!

Karin E.

by kenzi143 on 4/23/2013 4:20:01 PM

I can make people smile really easily. THAT'S a gift! It's my only talent Laughing

by SummerSomething on 4/23/2013 2:48:43 AM

Hey girl, while it's totes awesome that you're writing poetry, you can't include links to other websites in GL comments.  Check out this post for more guidelines about commenting on the GL website: "Rules of the Road- Get Bloggin."

Karin E.

by fireworks1071 on 4/23/2013 2:47:20 AM

Kay so I might like a guy and I didn't like him and I know he likes me because he's been obsessed with me for two years(has asked me out SEVERAL times) and we're friends. But I don't know what to do. And I don't want to like him. I know nothing has to come of it. But IDK anymore... I just kind of wish I knew if it's going to pass or not... I guess...Advice? Please? I know I need to sort out my feelings before acting on anything, but it's just so weird for me. I've liked other guys, but I've always known they didn't like me back so it was okay. It's weird to feel this way about my friend all of a sudden. Thanks - A

Hey girlie, it sounds like you have feelings for this guy that you're afraid of. But just take things slow, see where it goes and let it happen naturally.

Lauren T.

by Acutiebookworm on 4/22/2013 6:31:18 PM

MOD
Ok, is there such a thing to be too well-rounded? Like I'm good at pretty much everything and am really smart! My schedule is too jam-packed because I'm in everything and I love it all!!!!!!! Any tips on how to keep my busy schedule balanced???

Hey girlie, there's no such thing as too well rounded unless it starts wearing you down. As long as you can stay organized and fit everything in then keep doing all of the activities that make you happy. The best way to balance your schedule is to prioritize. Know that your homework and some activities are more important than others and fit the rest in around those.

Lauren T.

by actress12345 on 4/22/2013 5:39:10 PM

So my friend and I are still fighting, I asked on here a couple days ago and they said that a stupid fight like this it should blow over in a couple days but really it hasn't because she expects me to apologize to her for doing nothing wrong. I put in the locker buddy form with my name first and because it wouldn't be next to her other friend and I said what does it matter because you'll see her everyday anyway so what does it matter and she said well it matters and I said not really and she said you just don't want to admit you messed up by already putting it in and saying it "doesn't matter". I didn't mess up I put it in specifically and we have been ignoring each other for four days, I'm sick of her, my friend told me she expects me to apologize but theres no way I am apologizing I did nothing wrong in any sense. SO what should I do its not going to blow over and I am not apologizing what should I do? Just stop being friends with her or what?

Hey girlie, if neither of you are willing to back down, then your friendship is going to die down. Try reasoning with her. It's silly to lose a friendship over a silly fight, but it might be your only option.

Lauren T.