7 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

10 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

11 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

Sprinkle of sweetness

There was this really amazing senior who I had a crush on ever since we met in the school musical. I'd done a few favors for him...

Mod mod mod mod mod Smile
Ok so there's a guy that goes to my church, I'm pretty sure he likes me. For example: he walks up to me and we talk and flirt for a long time, he tries to protect me, etc. But, he doesn't have my phone number and I don't have his. In your opinion is it better for me to ask for his number or give him my number/what are some good ways to do this??? Thanks a bunch Smile haha and if you have any sneaky ways to get him to ask me out that would be much appreciated!!!

Hey girlie! I would go ahead and give him your number. Working it into a conversation would probably be the best/easiest way to go. If you guys are chatting for example, and one of you has to go, let him know he can text you to continue the convo later. As for getting him to ask you out, keep it small and casual at first. Drop hints about a pizza place you haven't had the chance to eat at yet, or a movie you really want to see - nothing too intimidating, and ideally an interest that the two of you share. Hopefully, he'll pick up on what you're trying to get at and ask if you'd want to go with him. Good luck!
Florence N.

by sophlida on 5/9/2013 8:50:40 PM

I am going to take up almost all of my 1000 characters to say this: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

by kamryng13 on 5/3/2013 6:41:06 PM

So theres this guy that i liked then he found out and was a jerk about it and is now being nice to me like he talks to me and even when theres a flock of others girls around he only looks at me he looks me in the eye when we talk he always gets closer when we sit together and puts his leg against mine or brushes against me and he jokes with me and messes with me and the other day he had me put his hair up in pony tails all over his head and when he got another hairtie from this girl and she was gonna put another ponytail in he wouldnt let her and said he would have me do it he kept them in all day and at the end of the day one was falling out and his friend redid it but it didnt work so he got me and had me redo it and then when i asked for the hairties back he said can i keep it in so i sighed and let him (yes he went home like that) Whats up with this? does he like me? Is he just being nice? Thank you so much!

Hey girlie. I think it's a little too early to be sure. Maybe have one of your girl friends scope him out for you by asking him what he thinks of you, etc. Or even get one of his friends to report back on what he hears.
Florence N.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 4/26/2013 1:49:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD! please answer a.s.a.p.!
Ok so idk what happens to me but at home im for the most part very happy always smiling and being funny, loud and I can wear what ever in my house even outside on weekends and never feel self-conscious but when I get to school I get shy and I don't want to wear shorts or dresses if it isn't promo and I don't like to be close to guys or anything because I feel like I might smell bad even though I know I don't and I get nervous sometimes and yea. I still talk and have fun but I don't find myself smiling as much but idk why because when I think about school I feel ok I like school so do you have any ideas on how to get over this shyness so I can be my normal happy bubbly self at school im already starting like trying not to bring a jacket to school when its hot enough so I get out of the habit of "hiding" in my cloths. And I am very happy with myself: im not too skinny but not fat,i like my hair and everything im just shy at school srry its so long!

Hey girl, check out this helpful post: "I am really shy at school!"  Take a deep breath and be yourself.  You got this.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by OMG GUESS WHAT on 4/23/2013 9:46:42 PM

by Emilicious on 4/23/2013 9:04:40 PM

Mod Mod
I have a crush on my friend. I told him about a month ago. He said that he likes me, bu tisn't ready for a girlfriend yet, but maybe someday we can be together. Isaid that was okay, and I promised mydelf that I'd wait 3 months for him, but honestly, I don't think I'm patient enough anymore. I just wanna get over him now. I absoulutely HATE the fact that I like him. It drives me nuts and sometimes I get mad at myself for liking him. I have small crush on a guy at my acting class, and I tell myself to focus on him more but I can't help it I like the other guy too much. How do I get over him? Should I? My heart isn't broken, but it's in pain Cry

Hey hermoinegirl12, sometimes when we try really hard to not think of certain things, our minds actually end up focusing on them. The more we push against something, the harder it comes at us. So really work on occupying your thoughts on other things. There's school, your friends, summer, etc. The less you worry about him, the less he'll be on your mind. It may take a while, but you can do it. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by hermionegirl12 on 4/23/2013 8:16:54 PM

That's the sweetest thing ever!!! <3

by kiwigirl777 on 4/23/2013 7:02:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD It's my best friends birthday in a little over a week and I still haven't gotten her a present. I feel like I don't know her at all because I don't know what to get her and everytime I ask her what she wants she says she doesn't know! I'm freaking out! She plays soccer and lacrosse (sports which I don't have the first clue about) and she's really good - she's really athletic. She's not really specifically into any musicians or bands. Buying her clothes seems too impersonal and she doesn't really wear jewelry that much. I am SO stuck, please help me ASAP!! Thanks!

Hey thatsnotawkward, maybe you could get her a soccer or lacrosse key chain or necklace. What about a gym bag or new water bottle? Maybe she needs some shorts or tee-shirts to practice in. Accessories like sweatbands, headbands an socks would make great gifts too. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by thatsnotawkward on 4/23/2013 6:39:39 PM

my bestfriend is a boy he is so funny we are almost the same .. we r such best friends from i was in the third grade and now am in the 8th grad .. we are so best friends Smile

by chacha_mochacha12 on 4/23/2013 5:37:41 PM

MODMODMOD
Hey! Well, my boyfriend told me yesterday that he had a dream about us recently. I wasn't that surprised (we've been having dreams about eachother a lot). He told me that in the dream, we were at his grandma's house, and we were fishing. He then said that we kissed. The weird thing is, is that together, we've had a total of 4 or 5 dreams where we've kissed. What he said next shocked me. He told me that, if the got the chance, he'd kiss me soon. What I'm mainly freaked about is that neither of us has had our first kiss, and I'm the shyest person on Earth. I'd have no clue what to do. My question is.... 1) If he does in fact kiss me, what do I do? (eyes closed, tilt my head etc..) and 2)How would I calm my nerves so that I wouldn't totally freak out? Thank you so very much!

Hey KenzieC84, don't be freaked out about kissing him. Kissing is really a passionate and impulsive thing. You can't really plan it, you just have to feel it and go with the flow. If you feel like kissing your boyfriend, do it. Once your lips touch you'll know what to do. Tilt your head to the opposite side of his, and maybe wrap your arms around his neck, while his are around your waist. Just close your eyes, and go with it. You'll be fine. And did you ever think your bf is nervous too? No worries, you got it. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by KenzieC84 on 4/23/2013 4:58:19 PM

Well that was worth the wait to say the least!! He sounds like SUCH a sweet guy and I hope you two have an amazing time at prom! Smile

by maggie183 on 4/23/2013 4:58:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I started liking this guy for a while now, and he found out about it. He told one of my friend (who is also his friend). I still don't know if the guy likes me too. But I just learned that my friend is actually in love with me. I had no idea and all of my friends knew and were hiding it from me. And apparently the guy that I like knows that my friend likes me and someone told me he didn't want to do anything because he doesn't want to upset my friend. I really don't know what to do, I want to say to my friend that it won't work because I don't like him but I'm not supposed to know that he likes me. (Sorry for my english, it's not my first language)

Hey girl, first of all, your English is superb, no apologies necessary.  If you want, you can approach your friend and have an open and honest conversation where you ask if he likes you.  You also can tell him that you have feelings for his friend.  If your friend is the one standing between you and your crush, it will be helpful to speak with him.  Just be careful to be respectful of his feelings.  Good luck!

Karin E.