AN HOUR AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

4 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

5 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

Reader Advice: 6 no-fail ways to chat up your crush

Let’s face it: Breaking the ice with your crush is no easy feat. But then there are those girls who are natural-born flirts. Guy gurus, if...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
my gr 8 graduation is coming up soon and I really want to go with this guy. I don't like like him but i dont want to go alone. we used to talk a lot and we dated a couple of years ago but i really want to start talking to him again quickly before grad comes up so he has me as an option to ask to the dance(even just as friends). we are on the same bus because we live close to each other but there is this other girl that flirts with him all the time & even tho she is in gr 7 it still bugs me because she does that to every guy so im scared that he will start to like her then not ask me to the dance or something. should i ask him to walk home? how should i start talking to him & getting close to him? thankyou so much <333

hey! yeah i think asking him to walk home is a great idea. Basically, just treat him like you would any friend. Share your thoughts with him and encourage him to do the same. Ask him how his weekend was or if he's been checking out any good music or movies or books or games recently. Once you guys start communicating openly your friendship will be natural and it will take a lot of the pressure off to "make" something happen. Good luck girl!

Helen S.

by junior on 5/25/2013 2:42:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD i like this guy he likes me and i like him but he doesn't no I like him or that I no he likes me but he has a GF what should i do?

Hey girlie, if he has a gf then the only thing you can do is wait for things to end between them. You don't want to be the girl who got in the way of his relationship. So for now just stay friends with him and spend time with him without telling him how you feel.

Lauren T.

by 1D on 5/19/2013 7:41:55 PM

I have liked the same boy for almost 4 and a half years now. The problem is I never talk to him and everytime I see him I just kind of look down or away. I really really like him and want to become friends and eventually something more, but I don't know how to talk to him. Help!!
Thanks!

Hey girlie! The best way to spark a conversation is to keep it casual. Start with a simple 'hi' then gradually move on to 'how are you?' and then to full-blown conversations. That way, you can build your confidence slowly as you go, and it won't look like your chatter is coming out of nowhere. If you guys have friends in common, that might also be a good way to get talking. Join the group if you see that he's talking with people you also know; it's generally easier to interact with somebody in a group setting than it is to talk to them one-on-one.
Florence N.

by nwagirl on 5/9/2013 8:23:16 PM

1.think of your crush.
2.make a heart with your hands.
3.this kiss your hand while still making a heart.
4.then put the heart over where your real heart is.
5.tomorrow your crush will ask you out.
6.this will only work if you post this on your favorite article.

by artistchic99 on 5/4/2013 9:57:41 PM

There is a guy that I think is really cute, and he is a grade ahead of me. I haven't actually spoken to him, but whenever I see him I catch him looking at me a lot. At our middle school dance, he was with his 8th grade friends and I was with my 7th grade friends. He kept on looking at me, and later, he came over and joined my friend and I while we were playing volleyball with a beach ball, since it was a beach themed dance. Later, we both left at the same time, and he kept looking at me, but didn't say anything. The only time he's really said anything was when someone we're both friends with was being really weird and he just laughed and shrugged at me and went, "WHAT is going on?!". I have two questions I need answered: 1) Does it seem like he likes me? 2) How can I actually talk to him?
We only have a month left in school, so I need answers, please! Thank you SO much

Hey girlie,

It's hard to tell if he likes you if you haven't spent much time together, because he might just look at you the same time out of a coincidence. If you have mutual friends, you could talk to him and get to know him by hanging out in a group with them instead of just one on one. Getting to know him as friends would be a great way to talk to him and to get a better sense of whether or not he likes you by how he acts around you. Good luck girlie!

Meghan D.

by aloha_morgan on 5/3/2013 10:40:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay, so my best guy friend just told me that he is leaving to go to a different highschool next year than all the rest of us. We only have about a month left of school and I really want to tell him that I've liked him for almost a year. I've been trying to be a little to obvious with the hints. I am going to try and talk to him one on one about it and maybe get my first kiss. but i'm not sure how to tell him I like him. Help. His name is Matt and we text each other all the time and I always talk to him at school. We haven't hung out, out of school, but he was busy with baseball all the weekends I planned. How should I tell him I like him? and how should I try to just kiss him? he needs to know before he leaves.

Hey girl, I answered this question a while back. Check to see if you got my response. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by daisie5 on 5/3/2013 7:45:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!!!!!!!!!
So I like this guy but he has a girlfriend. I try to ignore him because I know about his girlfriend. The thing is he is always flirting with me and does things he should do to his girlfriend. What do I do?

Hey girl, if your crush has a GF, do your best to avoid his flirty advances.  If he's serious about liking you, he should breakup with his GF, but you don't wanna' get mixed up in the middle of all that.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by ilove_nerds143 on 5/1/2013 3:59:17 PM

What's a nice, gentle way to break up with a boyfriend? I'm just not feeling the way I used to with him anymore, and our old common interests have vanished. I care about him, so I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to keep leading him on. Any tips? Smile

Being honest is your number one priority. Any sort of lie is going to hurt him really bad. I suggest you just tell him you care about him a lot but you dont feel the way you used to. Things just faded and you two would be better as friends. Im sure he feels the same, you just need to be honest with him. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by fluffy4eva on 4/30/2013 9:54:49 PM

i like this guy and he stares at me everyday except hes a "cool kid"im afraid to talk to him and hes really funny and makes me laugh i dont know what to do talk to him or dont?like him or not? ineed help!!!

Hey babe!  I think you should get to know him first, because even though he may seem like a "cool kid" what makes him any cooler than you?  You can't randomly decide to like him or not, it should come naturally.  I think that after you hang out with him or see what kind of person he truly is, you will be able to know how you really feel.

Elizabeth K.

by natila on 4/30/2013 2:03:42 PM

ive liked this boy for 3 years now i thought my sister liked him but she kept telling me she dident so i was like okay i like him and we would walk in the halway he asked for kisses and hugs and used to see me everyday between my classes and during to talk and stuff like that well finds out my sis finds out by spying and admits shes going out with him she gets mad they break up they get back together agian he cheats with her agian for yet another girl we both had our hearts broken he still always says i thought we had something special i dont know what to do he keeps switching and my sister doesnt like him anymore help,please!

Hey girlie,  OK this boy sounds like T.R.O.U.B.L.E.  First of all your sis comes first before anyone, and you should not date the same boy so the two of you should wave bye-bye to this guy.  I know it feels super special when you have a guy by your side but he doesn't seem to know what he really wants, and what he has been doing is NOT OK.  You need to explain what is going on to your sis and make sure she understands why they should stop dating A.S.A.P. You're a strong girl, so let him know that!

Elizabeth K.