AN HOUR AGO Poppin' pin-worthy BTS nail art: http://t.co/EykNKhp6zB

2 HOURS AGO ICYMI find out who took home a #VMA moon man: http://t.co/iSbqAtVltQ

3 HOURS AGO Dressy vs. casual—which do guys prefer? http://t.co/QX7u6sFbpk

COMMENTS

Reader Advice: 6 no-fail ways to chat up your crush

Let’s face it: Breaking the ice with your crush is no easy feat. But then there are those girls who are natural-born flirts. Guy gurus, if...

There's this guy i crush on who thinks of me as a friend and we sit together in history. But, hes shorter than me and i don't know if i should flirt and try or drop him and say goodbye

Hey girlie, If you like him then go for it. If you don't like him then don't. If you think that him being short is a turn-off you can't live with, then don't! Hopefully that simplified things! xx

jess d.

by arianagfan on 6/28/2013 8:48:27 AM

this really helped

by kindra12 on 6/24/2013 5:14:51 PM

ok so I have a crush at school but he is in different class than me and I'm only 11, he doesn't even know me I think, sometimes I'm walking around the grass area and he is always there with his friends and I have never talked to him and I just want to know wat to do please help me !!!!😔 thnx

by LOVEU_ALWAYS on 6/11/2013 12:38:18 AM

i have a chrush on a super cute guy. but he doesnt know i exist. any advise???? thanks! Laughing

by melonade12 on 6/9/2013 9:03:06 PM

thanks so much- I love flirting and stuff but I have a hard time breaking the ice the first time. This really helped =)

by jillz on 6/9/2013 6:47:13 PM

Mod mod mod
hey i just talked to you about my crush well today in science we were working on projects and i was sitting next to 3 of my friends well he came up between me and my friend and ask if we had a pencil sharpener we all said no except for the person sitting next to me so he is still standing there trying to use the pencil sharpener but he couldn't get it to work so he gave it my friend to try to use it well when they were trying he was touching my shoulder and ear it was kinda weird. then when he walked by me he taped me on the shoulder. later that day my friend who sat across from me even said that it was weird and was obviously flirting, the thing is i think he still has a girlfriend so now i am really confused,please help thanks.

Hey girlie,

He might have been flirting or it might have been an accident--but if he has a girlfriend, he's off limits either way! If he were dating you, would you want him to flirt with someone else? Try staying friends for now, and if he does break up with his girlfriend in the future, maybe you could be more flirty then.

Meghan D.

by lexlex on 5/31/2013 11:20:32 PM

I like this guy and whenever I am near him sometimes he is mean to me, but then he will turn around and ask if we are still friends. I think he likes me, because he always stares at me. If he is mean , does that mean that he likes me?

by mkwilli on 5/30/2013 6:56:28 PM

Its really complicated I like this guy but he now has a girlfriend and he is considered popular. Be for he had a girlfriend he flirted with me sometimes and one of my friends found out he like my and i kinda thought that myself.i didn't like him at the time i liked another guy who i still like but he is not interested in me so now i don't know what to do, i am really shy and don't like to talk to people i don't know.oh by the way he has a ton of girls that like him i know like four people that like him. please help

Hey lexlex, you definitely shouldn't flirt with him since he has a girlfriend. Just be patient about getting a boyfriend. When the time is right, the right person will find you. Trust me I was where you are and everything will work out. No worries. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by lexlex on 5/28/2013 7:07:58 PM

I'm nice, pretty, caring, and I'm not high maintenance. I have like 10 guy friends but i cant seem to get boys to LOVE me

by boogaangel13 on 5/27/2013 8:46:30 PM

I like my BGFs sisters BGF. I accidently added him online and we have been having an on going convo for around 3 weeks. I want to talk to him in person though, but he is a very shy person. So how do I talk to him on the way home (we walk most of the way the same way) I have always found him cute so if I can talk to him in person I would eventually like to ask him out on a date or something! How do I break the ice the first time talking to him especially as he is such a shy person. I can't get my BGF to talk to him for me as my BGF doesnt really like him as he is too shy. Thanks MOD for all your help x

Hey girlie, just walk with him and say hi. Ask how his day was or if you know that he had a test or something ask how it went. Just start with simple conversation starters like that.

Lauren T.

by RAWRICAR on 5/27/2013 7:44:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
my gr 8 graduation is coming up soon and I really want to go with this guy. I don't like like him but i dont want to go alone. we used to talk a lot and we dated a couple of years ago but i really want to start talking to him again quickly before grad comes up so he has me as an option to ask to the dance(even just as friends). we are on the same bus because we live close to each other but there is this other girl that flirts with him all the time & even tho she is in gr 7 it still bugs me because she does that to every guy so im scared that he will start to like her then not ask me to the dance or something. should i ask him to walk home? how should i start talking to him & getting close to him? thankyou so much <333

hey! yeah i think asking him to walk home is a great idea. Basically, just treat him like you would any friend. Share your thoughts with him and encourage him to do the same. Ask him how his weekend was or if he's been checking out any good music or movies or books or games recently. Once you guys start communicating openly your friendship will be natural and it will take a lot of the pressure off to "make" something happen. Good luck girl!

Helen S.

by junior on 5/25/2013 2:42:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD i like this guy he likes me and i like him but he doesn't no I like him or that I no he likes me but he has a GF what should i do?

Hey girlie, if he has a gf then the only thing you can do is wait for things to end between them. You don't want to be the girl who got in the way of his relationship. So for now just stay friends with him and spend time with him without telling him how you feel.

Lauren T.

by 1D on 5/19/2013 7:41:55 PM

I have liked the same boy for almost 4 and a half years now. The problem is I never talk to him and everytime I see him I just kind of look down or away. I really really like him and want to become friends and eventually something more, but I don't know how to talk to him. Help!!
Thanks!

Hey girlie! The best way to spark a conversation is to keep it casual. Start with a simple 'hi' then gradually move on to 'how are you?' and then to full-blown conversations. That way, you can build your confidence slowly as you go, and it won't look like your chatter is coming out of nowhere. If you guys have friends in common, that might also be a good way to get talking. Join the group if you see that he's talking with people you also know; it's generally easier to interact with somebody in a group setting than it is to talk to them one-on-one.
Florence N.

by nwagirl on 5/9/2013 8:23:16 PM

1.think of your crush.
2.make a heart with your hands.
3.this kiss your hand while still making a heart.
4.then put the heart over where your real heart is.
5.tomorrow your crush will ask you out.
6.this will only work if you post this on your favorite article.

by artistchic99 on 5/4/2013 9:57:41 PM

There is a guy that I think is really cute, and he is a grade ahead of me. I haven't actually spoken to him, but whenever I see him I catch him looking at me a lot. At our middle school dance, he was with his 8th grade friends and I was with my 7th grade friends. He kept on looking at me, and later, he came over and joined my friend and I while we were playing volleyball with a beach ball, since it was a beach themed dance. Later, we both left at the same time, and he kept looking at me, but didn't say anything. The only time he's really said anything was when someone we're both friends with was being really weird and he just laughed and shrugged at me and went, "WHAT is going on?!". I have two questions I need answered: 1) Does it seem like he likes me? 2) How can I actually talk to him?
We only have a month left in school, so I need answers, please! Thank you SO much

Hey girlie,

It's hard to tell if he likes you if you haven't spent much time together, because he might just look at you the same time out of a coincidence. If you have mutual friends, you could talk to him and get to know him by hanging out in a group with them instead of just one on one. Getting to know him as friends would be a great way to talk to him and to get a better sense of whether or not he likes you by how he acts around you. Good luck girlie!

Meghan D.

by aloha_morgan on 5/3/2013 10:40:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay, so my best guy friend just told me that he is leaving to go to a different highschool next year than all the rest of us. We only have about a month left of school and I really want to tell him that I've liked him for almost a year. I've been trying to be a little to obvious with the hints. I am going to try and talk to him one on one about it and maybe get my first kiss. but i'm not sure how to tell him I like him. Help. His name is Matt and we text each other all the time and I always talk to him at school. We haven't hung out, out of school, but he was busy with baseball all the weekends I planned. How should I tell him I like him? and how should I try to just kiss him? he needs to know before he leaves.

Hey girl, I answered this question a while back. Check to see if you got my response. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by daisie5 on 5/3/2013 7:45:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!!!!!!!!!
So I like this guy but he has a girlfriend. I try to ignore him because I know about his girlfriend. The thing is he is always flirting with me and does things he should do to his girlfriend. What do I do?

Hey girl, if your crush has a GF, do your best to avoid his flirty advances.  If he's serious about liking you, he should breakup with his GF, but you don't wanna' get mixed up in the middle of all that.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by ilove_nerds143 on 5/1/2013 3:59:17 PM

What's a nice, gentle way to break up with a boyfriend? I'm just not feeling the way I used to with him anymore, and our old common interests have vanished. I care about him, so I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to keep leading him on. Any tips? Smile

Being honest is your number one priority. Any sort of lie is going to hurt him really bad. I suggest you just tell him you care about him a lot but you dont feel the way you used to. Things just faded and you two would be better as friends. Im sure he feels the same, you just need to be honest with him. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by fluffy4eva on 4/30/2013 9:54:49 PM

i like this guy and he stares at me everyday except hes a "cool kid"im afraid to talk to him and hes really funny and makes me laugh i dont know what to do talk to him or dont?like him or not? ineed help!!!

Hey babe!  I think you should get to know him first, because even though he may seem like a "cool kid" what makes him any cooler than you?  You can't randomly decide to like him or not, it should come naturally.  I think that after you hang out with him or see what kind of person he truly is, you will be able to know how you really feel.

Elizabeth K.

by natila on 4/30/2013 2:03:42 PM

ive liked this boy for 3 years now i thought my sister liked him but she kept telling me she dident so i was like okay i like him and we would walk in the halway he asked for kisses and hugs and used to see me everyday between my classes and during to talk and stuff like that well finds out my sis finds out by spying and admits shes going out with him she gets mad they break up they get back together agian he cheats with her agian for yet another girl we both had our hearts broken he still always says i thought we had something special i dont know what to do he keeps switching and my sister doesnt like him anymore help,please!

Hey girlie,  OK this boy sounds like T.R.O.U.B.L.E.  First of all your sis comes first before anyone, and you should not date the same boy so the two of you should wave bye-bye to this guy.  I know it feels super special when you have a guy by your side but he doesn't seem to know what he really wants, and what he has been doing is NOT OK.  You need to explain what is going on to your sis and make sure she understands why they should stop dating A.S.A.P. You're a strong girl, so let him know that!

Elizabeth K.

by natila on 4/30/2013 2:01:08 PM

I need help!

The boy i like has a girlfriend, but he flirts with me. And the whole portion of girls in our school. But i honestly think that his girlfriend just like his phone (Galaxy SIII) but I honestly think he's a great guy who deserves better. But he always makes fun of me (jokingly) but it still hurts. Sometimes he'll hug me and I get all excited and my stomach gets knots. And then he'll ignore me like i don't exist. I honestly do more stuff for him than his girlfriend does! I stayed up till twelve just to say happy birthday, I got him a present, and I'm always helping him with his work. All she does is drop off her homework fit HIM to do, kidnap his phone, and yell at him when he DOESN'T have it. I really like him and I wanna tell him how I feel but I just chicken out.

by mz.royalty on 4/29/2013 10:17:34 PM

mod mod mod
i decided that i like my bgf. i have no clue how to feel about this, because i know him really well and itd be super awkward... so what do i do and how do i flirt it up and not make it super awkward... thank you!

Hey! since you're such good friends, it might be a good idea to stick to flirting for now. no sense risking your friendship. If you smile at him, laugh with him, and make eyecontact, he'll probably get that you're into him Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by Carrie_Underwood on 4/25/2013 5:50:31 PM

Mod mod mod
I am in a school play with a group of really great kids. And everyone always tells me hot nice, pretty and " perfect" I am .i act mature for my age and they consider me the " mother duck" . I appreciate their complements but I hate being held at such a high standard, I like being goofy and having fun too.

Hey! It can be hard to feel like the center of attention and feel vulnerable too. Just be yourself around these kids. They may idolize you, but if you let them see the real you they'll realize that you're not so different from them Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by Nmarie on 4/25/2013 5:26:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So, my crush (who I stopped liking a few days ago) is really confusing me. I feel like a week ago, he didn't know I existed, and now I feel like he's always staring at me and talking to me. It started happening after I was fake crying for my friend's video... maybe he thought I was a really great actress? ;)
But then he stopped about 2 days later. I'm confused on what to think, especially since the day before it all started I told myself that I wouldn't like him anymore...
But now that he's actually paying attention to me I can't help but have a crush.
I want to "flirt" with him, but I don't know how since he is popular-ish and I am not. We are in the same class, though. Help!!

Hey! Just try to get to know him. Talk to him and as long as you laugh and smile a lot, he'll get that you're interested ;) good luck girl!

Helen S.

by parisgirl101 on 4/25/2013 4:53:45 PM

HELP! I told my friend who my crush was and she told him! I've been sorta panicking because she told him that I was kinda weird and a un-sociable. (I'm not unsociable, it's I don't know or talk to as many people as she does and sometimes I can be kinda shy) I really don't know what to do because I'm pretty sure my crush doesn't like me back. And I don't even know how to talk to him now because it seems so awkward now. Can someone please give me advice on what to do? Or any ideas on how to talk to my crush??

Hey girl, if your friend is telling the boy you like that you're weird and unsociable, then you should probs reconsider telling her your secrets in the future.  Anyhoo, you can pretend that you don't know that he knows or act like what your friend told him wasn't the whole truth (which is true because you're not unsociable).  Take a deep breath, hold your head high, and stay confident.  Check out the GL ice breakers page for ideas of how to talk to your crush.  You got this.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by edebeauvais on 4/25/2013 3:15:35 PM

after all this time,i didn't have the guts to talk to my crush.today i was really in the mood to talking to him ,but unfortunatly his friends were with him, and later 2 popular girls flirted with them,and after that he went to play basket ball.i think i want to talk to him tomorrow but i'm afraid that there will be obstacles in my way.got any advice to make sure i could talk to him tomorrow alone ??ohh one more thing can you give me some good conversation starters that are not too forward?please and thank you c:

Hey girl, think about something you have in common when you're in the same place and go with that as your convo starter.  Check out GL's ice breakers page for lots of great advice.  You got this.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by hot mess on 4/25/2013 12:54:44 PM

I just stopped liking my BGF when my BFF and he decided they like each other. He's a great friend anyway, and I think they're pretty cute together. Now I need to find a new crush Laughing

by puella94 on 4/24/2013 6:27:31 PM

Those all seem to be great ways to get a guy to talk. One technique I use is that I'll compliment him and say something like' "the jeans you have one look really good, where can I get a pair for my brother his birthday is coming up", you could just say they look really good on him but he may take it as being to forward. But I have noticed that guys love to be complimented about how they look and about their body.

by fashionqn on 4/24/2013 6:07:17 PM