1 HOURS AGO Win @rydelR5's fave outfit from the GL fash closet: http://t.co/uPhv3ZDQYH

2 HOURS AGO 7 no-so-scary scary movies: http://t.co/v7p5cuxrXP

3 HOURS AGO Is your cereal causing you to have a bad day? http://t.co/qBXmfHfn4h

COMMENTS

16 ways to get his attention

Sometimes we feel like we’re doing everything right when it comes to guys. We’re being our fun, bubbly selves, laughing at his jokes and smiling sweetly in...

In school we got put into new classes (mixed with my year and the year above) and in one of my classes a cute guy came in a few days late as he got shifted from a few classes (I had never met him before). I also got shifted a day or two before him and managed to get 2 booklets for that class and he walked in and asked if we were using our own folders (I had a different colour) and I said no and he went to get a folder and I offered to give him one of my booklets. He thanked me (really enthusiastically) and sat down. He sits to my side at another table. He started to sing. Later on we needed rulers and my friend went to get my ruler and he came to my table to give me a ruler instead of my friend.
I thanked him.
How do I grab his attention and sorta flirt with him? ( I didn't mean to when I met him)
Does it sound like he likes me
Thanks MOD!

Hey! yeah, this seems like a great opportunity to get to know each other. The next time he sits next to you ask him how his weekend was, keep asking questions to keep the convo going. Ask what classes he's in, if he likes them, what kind of music he's into. before you know it you'll be a natural Smile good luck!

Helen S.

by Insideoutkid on 6/13/2013 7:20:56 PM

HELP!!!!! i really like this guy in my school(i will have dreams about him everynight),and so dose my BFF! ive talked to him more and know him more then she dose, and we have many things in common (like we both like reading the same novels and basketball). but my BFF dosent know i like him. so my BFF is always flirting with him. i will message him on FB all the time and he answers back and we have a converstaion. i think he kinda likes me back beacuse when i get to school he will just walks up to me and talks to me. should i tell my BFF i like him or should i just ignore him and let my BFF have him?

by Fashionismylife on 5/25/2013 1:30:20 PM

Want to know what He's thinking? Get the advise at my club called Dear Ms.Piggie i would post a link but i am totally clueless with computer stuff. My club is different because instead of answering your questions myself, i ask a variety of real guys what they think and dont worry! its completely anonymous!

by savy88 on 5/11/2013 3:15:27 PM

HELP!!! Okay, so my school gets out in FOUR DAYS. There's this guy that likes me, and I think I kinda like him back. He keeps getting in my head, and in my dreams 2-3 nights a week. My friends say it's "love". How do I catch him before school ends? I really want to talk to him, but he's two grades ahead of me, so I'm nervous. Once he graduates this year, he'll be in high-school and I'll still be in middle-school. I think he wants to talk to me too...but we're both super shy. How can I make this work?! PLEASE HELP!

by CleverWitch2000 on 5/11/2013 10:41:02 AM

Ok so I'm in the eighth grade. I've been telling myself over and over that I don't need a boyfriend, but with all of my friends having to choose between guys and me having no choices, it's getting harder to convince myself. I just feel like I'm basically ugly or invisible. The guys in my school aren't "eye-candy" but the guys in my area are cute too. I have mostly guy friends to reduce drama but the girls at my school do call me weird and since I'm skinny anorexic. This falls into play when I think about the guy thing. So my question is: How do I make myself not really care about what they say? Do I need to change who I am just to get a guys' attention?

Hey girlie. You absolutely don't need to change who you are for the sole purpose of getting a boy's attention. It may sound cliched, but it's true - you'll know who the right boy is when he likes you for exactly who you are. It sounds like you just need a little more practice being comfortable in your own skin. When you find yourself struggling to maintain your confidence, try to think of all the things you like about yourself. Make a list. Keep running over it until you're no longer surprised by how long it is - because it will be long. And focus on all the great things you're doing for you, rather than trying to fixate on just any boy. Soon enough, you'll find that you're much more proud of yourself, and more confident as a result.
Florence N.

by vani98 on 5/9/2013 9:48:12 PM

OK, i rlly need some advice. So i liked this guy for 3 years and we didnt even talk. But now i finally kinda got ovr him. But last night i txted him and he called me cute and said it was possible that we cud go out. But i RLLY like this other guy and everyone knows i do, and so does he but he practically hates me. So if i go out with this guy it might seem like im trying to make the other one jealous. I dont know wat to do! Plus, he said we cud talk in school but ill b so nervous!! Plz help me!

by laugh121 on 5/5/2013 12:28:58 PM

I'm in 5th grade. There's this guy I like, and he's also my friend. I really like him, but how can I flirt with him?

by justmeasking on 5/3/2013 4:47:13 PM

Mod mod mod!!
i'm in fifth grade. My crush is actually one of my close friends, and when I went to Jekyll last week his mom slept with my roomates and I in the room. I spilled that I liked him to my r'mates, while his mom was showering. There's another girl he might like, but she's going to a different middle school next year. I THINK he sees me as a friend, but I'm not sure. How do I flirt with him?

Hey justmeasking, click these links for flirting tips girly! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by justmeasking on 5/3/2013 4:39:21 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!!
Today I told one of my best friends that I liked this one guy that's one of her best friends too. She wants to help us get together. I trust her a lot. She says that he talks about e a lot an I talk about him a lot. Do you think I should let her do it?

hey! I think if you like him, you should do it. Trust me, this kind of stuff works out better when you involve fewer people. It seems scary and awkward, but if you just act like it's no big deal then it won't be Smile I know you can do it!

Helen S.

by niccer13 on 5/2/2013 5:59:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
How do you approach a guy who you've never talked to? I don't want to sound stupid and he doesn't go to the same school as me so thats out of the picture.
Thanks

Hey Girl! Next time you see him out and about make an effort to go over and say hi.  A simple hello can get a convo started! I know it takes a ton of confidence but you got it, girl!

Elizabeth K.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 4/30/2013 3:29:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you like a guy without ever talking to him (yet)? Or does that just mean you think he's cute? thanks!

Hey babe- I cannot tell you how you feel but I'll give you some questions to answer which may help lead you to the answer.. Do you know him well enough? Does he have a good rep?  Is he genuinely nice? You can totes like a guy or think someone's cute without knowing them but you should try to get to know him before you start crushin '.

Elizabeth K.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 4/30/2013 3:19:00 PM

There is this boy that I like. His locker is right next to mine, so we talk all the time. All of his friends tell me he likes me, which is a good thing! The problem is, when I try and flirt with him, he thinks I am flirting with his bff! It gets me mad when my crush says I like someone else. What should I do to get more of his attention, and show him I like him?

by missmcv99 on 4/29/2013 6:40:58 PM

This year I started talking to a girl from my science class and now we're friends. But whenever I see her in the hall or something she acts like she doesnt know me. I dont know if we're really friends but she says we are... What should I do?

hey! try saying hey to her in the hall and see what happens. If she ignores you, that's super rude and you'll know she's not really sincere. But she'll probably say hi back and you can move forward with your friendship Smile

Helen S.

by kara02 on 4/27/2013 8:34:41 AM

My crush tries to talk to me but I try to not talk to him I don't know why a month ago I crimped my hair and he said I like your hair and I said thank and he said how did u do it and I got nervous and I just said I don't know I felt stupid
How can I start talking to him I can talk to other guys but when we try to talk I feel all awkward

by jazzzzzzzyy on 4/27/2013 3:02:03 AM

How can I start talking to my crush I feel weird when I'm next to him

by jazzzzzzzyy on 4/27/2013 2:58:08 AM

I need somones advice so there's this boy I really like but we don't talk a week ago my friend push me into him and he grabbed my arm and kinda hugged me and smiled and just stared at me for a few seconds and all I said was sorry and walked away after that I had a HUGE smile on my face and counldnt stop smiling he sits right next to me and i always see him in the halway I wanna start talking to him but he's always with his friends and my friend wants to push me into him again and I don't know wat to do anyone help me please what should I do

by jazzzzzzzyy on 4/27/2013 2:53:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
People always see me as a shy person, which I am not. But people never talk to me. I have never had a true friend, and I am 13. It's hard not being able to talk to anyone about serious things. There are some people who talk to me rarely, and those are the extremely outgoing people. Other people never talk to me at all. I don't know why some people don't at least try to talk to me, I try to talk to others, but usually do something awkward. I am not a normal person, meaning I am different and I try to not fit in. My question is, Are people not talking to me because I seem too shy? and, How can I get people to want to talk to me more?

Hey girlie,

Don't be so hard on yourself--even if you are shy, it's nothing to be ashamed of! You are definitely normal and there is nothing wrong with you at all Smile If other people think you're shy and aren't talking to you, you should start the conversation first! Introduce yourself to girls in your class and set up a study session, or introduce yourself to some new girls at lunch and eat with them. Start a casual conversation about school and go from there! I'm sure they'd love to get to know you Smile

Meghan D.

by AlishaAddy on 4/26/2013 11:37:06 PM

I need someone's advice so theres this boy I like but the problem is that I don't talk to him I don't have the courage to talk to him a week ago my friend pushed me into him and he grabbed my arms and smiled and all I said was I'm sorry and I walked away
And he sits right next to me and when he's near me I get so uncomfortable and I always see him in the hallway

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to be nervous around your crush, so don't be too hard on yourself! Maybe you could gain confidence by starting a casual, friendly conversation about school and build from there, or you could invite him to hang out with your group of friends so you won't have to talk to him one on one. Once you can get to know him as friends, you will be more confident and comfortable around him! Meghan D.

by Jazzzzzzzyy on 4/26/2013 11:00:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok so there is this guy that i reallllllly like. We kinda had a fling or whatever you wan to call it a few months ago. it ended because it was kinda awkward. how can i talk to him now without being awkward???? he has texted me a few times and he makes silly faces at me when i look at him in class.

by ponygirl6298 on 4/26/2013 7:44:11 PM

So it says a lot that a guy likes when the girl talks first but every time I say I'm going to say hello or wave to him I always chicken out and walk away from him fast, I'm very confident in most things but when it comes to guys I run away, how can I boost my confidence about talking to a guy I like first?

Hey HockeyLuver, just remember he's only a guy, a human like me and you, so no need to get nervous. A lot of people fear rejection with their crushes, and that makes them even more nervous. If he doesn't say hi back or seem interested in talking to you  (which I don't think will be the case) then that's cool. He doesn't know what he's missing and there are more guys out there. Ever heard the phrase: Fake it till you make it? Well sometimes you gotta pretend you have something in order to actually get it. So pretend to be confident and eventually it will come to you. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by HockeyLuver on 4/26/2013 5:04:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD I like this guy and my friends told him I like him. He said I was cute but he wouldn't go out with me. Is it because he's not ready or because he wasn't going to tell my friends? I really want to know.

Hey girlie! The situation sounds a little too vague for me to really be able to answer your question. I would try asking some of his friends what they think, or even him directly if you feel confident enough doing that.
Florence N.

by char char on 4/26/2013 4:19:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok so I figured out from my crush that he likes me. This was Monday, and he told my friend he was gonna ask me out this Sunday. That's not the problem. The problem is he's been kinda gruff for the past few days. It's kinda hurting my feelings. It's over text, so he might not mean it that way, but it sure sounds like that. I feel like I'm the only one trying in our conversations. I only see him at church on Sunday but in the week we've been texting. So when we text, he's been replying really fast, but only small short answers. And this just started like yesterday. Before we were texting and we were both trying, and it was like he was trying to impress me it was really cute. So I don't get what's going on! Please help. And if there are any good text convo starters please let me know.

Hey girlie. It sounds to me like he's just a little nervous, and isn't sure how to act around you. See what happens on Sunday. I'm sure his behavior will change once he realizes that you're not going to reject him, etc.
Florence N.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 4/26/2013 2:55:00 PM

I really want to talk to this one guy but im so shy like a turtle hiding in its shell when I see him I sit with my mom the whole time I really want to talk to him but I cant even make eye contact when I see him I get this feeling in my stomach like somebody threw a ball at me and it hit me in my gut please help I really want to talk to him were not strangers I know him but I still cant talk to him cause im so shy around guys

Hey babe, you should take a deep breath and try to talk to him! Even if it's only saying "hey", you will feel so happy and it will then be easier the next time.  If it's hard with your mom around, then try to be with him away from her.  You can do it!

Elizabeth K.