1 HOURS AGO Still trying to figure out the whole #iwokeuplikethis thing? Try our 4 secrets for natural beauty and wake up pretty: http://t.co/GEEl1Sjy74

3 HOURS AGO Are you #TeamTaylor or #TeamKaty? Read the facts behind this alleged feud: http://t.co/9wqZwLoKeY #GLgossip

4 HOURS AGO Who knew, right? But *so* good! RT @katie_k1265: @girlslifemag your magazine is amazing thanks for the bananas and ketchup recipe

COMMENTS

How can I turn my attitude around?

I'm getting older and going through different phases as most girls do, but my attitude is becoming snotty and overwhelming. Help! I don't want to...

Mod mod mod
I really like this guy and my BFF likes him too. I think she is starting to not like me because he likes me not her. He is my friend though and I don't want things to be awkward. I don't want to lose my friend because of a guy either. HELP!!!

Hey girlie, talk to her about it. Let her know that you really like him, but you don't want a boy to get in the way of your friendship. If she's not comfortable with you dating him, don't do it. Your friendship with her will last way longer than your relationship with a boy anyway.

Lauren T.

by julesrules on 5/20/2013 6:23:38 PM

Mod! mod! Mod!
I need help, I seriously messed up a relationship with one of my really good friends. I said some things that were not okay and at the time i didn't mean them because i was just angry and upset and now time has passed and i wanted to apologize but i tried contacting him and he changed his number and i guess he even blocked me off a social network when we weren't even friends on it.. I really want to apologize but how can i when he doesn't give me the chance? one of my other friends is willing to tell him for me but i don't if i should let her. and i can't apologize at school since we don't really go to the same school either. I don't know what to do.

Hey babe- I think you should try calling his house or even stop by one day to talk to him in person.  Maybe he still just needs some time to think so give him the time he needs.  Another good idea is writing him a nice letter and putting it in his mailbox.  I am sure everything will turn out to be just fine.  Stay strong, babe!

Elizabeth K.

by hippiechild on 5/19/2013 11:17:52 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
dear Mod please help! I'm myopic/nearsighted and my vision is getting worse because I hate my glasses. I am a geeky girl but I don't want to wear glasses because I don't want to ve forever known as the geeky girl. But I do however, care about my grades at school and I know that it causes a lot of trouble for me, since I'm tal
l and usually sit at the back Frown I had three pairs of glasses before, and I didnt care for them much, so I feel guilty if I ask my mother for new pair because i'm afraid i won't wear them and it'll be such a burden.

Hey girl, glasses are totally in! Especially the "nerdy" frames and ray ban type frames. Embrace your inner geek - it's the cool thing. I promise. My friends and I all wear glasses. My apparel company even did a Nerdy photo shoot this past winter. If you have Instagram, check it out at lovetagapparel - it'll make you feel better. Smile Stay cool and be yourself!!

lauren r.

by LizHeartsLondon on 5/19/2013 9:51:48 AM

Mod Mod Mod
About a week ago i found out my shampoo has been making my forehead brake out (i'm really sensitive to dyes/perfumes) so i tried using this natural shampoo but by the end of the day my hair was already greasy. It just plain doesnt work and neither do the others i've tried. So now i have to decide between pimples and greasy hair Frown help!

Hey girlie! I'm a big fan of Head and Shoulders, Dove, and Aveeno shampoos and conditioners, as more natural alternatives that still clean my hair. If you've tried these and are still getting bad results, I would try to find one that makes your hair the least greasy, and use a dry shampoo to absorb that grease. You can find these at any drugstore. If you don't want to invest in these, just use some baby powder at your roots, which will absorb some grease. I hope this helps! Good luck. xx

Hannah M

by Peppermintz541 on 5/15/2013 5:41:16 PM

MOD!
My mom told me I have to fly on a plane alone for about 3 hours. i have done it before, but with my younger sister. There was a lot of of turbulence and it was kind of scary. I'm nervous that I will have the same experiences, and I will be alone. Any suggestions of how I can deal with it and get through the long, boring flight? Thanks!

Hey sweetie! It's OK to be nervous, but don't worry planes are very safe. You should try bringing a comfort item, like an old teddy bear or a pillow from home that will help you feel more relaxed on the plane. You should also bring things to keep you occupied, like a book or magazines! If you have lots of things to keep you busy, the three hours will pass very quickly! xx

Caroline M.

by sp0706 on 5/8/2013 5:03:45 PM

Mod mod mod! Ok so I'm in desperate need of advice. I play softball and I hate it. I want it out of my life. I want to play lacrosse because I have a bunch of friends on the team and soo many girls just started playing this year so they wouldn't be much better than me. Which is great! Anyway so I guess the lax team I want to join is a HUGE commitment. You have to sign all these papers and join the club. Any tips to convince my parents?

Hey marylofal16, tell them what you told me. Let them know you have no interest in soccer anymore. Tell them about all the benefits of you playing lacrosse. Good luck! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by marylofal16 on 5/7/2013 8:51:09 PM

I'm in Middle School and there is this kinda creepy kid who go's to my school who I have known since kindergarten and lately he has been giving me a lot of unwanted attention. In our Family and Consumer Science class, we had to make up a skit. After my group had gone, he held up his notebook with my name on top and it had 5 stars drawn. Talk about mortifying. My friend thinks he likes me but I don't want to confront him about it. I dint like him at all. What should I do?

by Rapunzel31 on 5/4/2013 2:39:21 PM

MOD~~~~
I'm worried that I might have narcolepsy- I fall asleep often during the day, have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, I have frequent sleep paralysis, and I'm worried to tell my parents because we really don't have the money to go to a specialized doctor so I could be diagnosed. How can I either tell them or try to work it out on my own??

Hey girl, it is still possible that you could just be sleep deprived if you stay up late, wake up frequently when you're sleeping at night, etc. I would just discuss it with your doctor first and see what she suggests before going to a specialist cause you may not need it. Smile

lauren r.

by peace1089 on 5/4/2013 1:56:42 AM

mod mod mod
Please, can you give me some advice? I want to earn money, but by not yet being 18, that is, the legal age in my country for you to start to work 'officially', I don't have many ideas other than selling food like cookies and that sweet stuff, but I don't think I'll be such a successful seller in my building. Also, I don't think I could gain some cash as a tutor. Someone can help, please and give me ideas?

Hey girlie,

Tutoring and having bake sales are great ideas, but there are other things you can do to earn money in your community, too! You could babysit younger children or offer to do odd jobs for people in your neighborhood, like lawn mowing, cleaning or other things you're good at. Depending on your neighborhood's rules, you may also be able to have a yard sale, and if not you could take things you don't use anymore to a consignment store to make a little cash. Your parents will have more ideas on what you can do in your area, so I would ask them, too!

Meghan D.

by maeugeniap on 5/3/2013 11:21:53 PM

Me and my best friend want to go to this concert about an hour away from my hometown in September.There's still tickets left and we're both free on that day. One problem, our parents don't want to go. It's a band that me and my friend are OBSESSED with and love. How do we try to convince at least one of our parents to go with us? Thanks!

Hey annala99, show them the location and the artist. Maybe even print out directions so they see it's not far. Calmly and maturely explain to them why you guys want to go. Hopefully they'll understand and take you. Good luck! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by annala99 on 5/3/2013 7:03:06 PM

I have a really itchy mosquito bite on my neck just above my shirt line. It's really annoying and I want it to go away. How can I make it disappear?

by justmeasking on 5/3/2013 4:52:01 PM

lol Elizabeth K. im gonna start out with two cupcake flavors PBJ and red velvet with cream cheese frosting
do you think 2 dollars for the PBJ and 5 dollars for the red velvet sounds good? do you think 5 dollars is to expensive? red velvet is expensive anyway but I just wanted to make sure

Hey! I think that sounds perf! If you're worried people wont buy a five dollar cupcake then drop it down to $4.50- that sounds cheaper ya know?  Let us know how it goes!

Elizabeth K.

by redvelvetluv on 5/2/2013 1:06:39 PM

I want to start selling cupcakes I really need to make some money I need new summer clothes I feel bad always asking my mom if she can buy me a new top or if I could get a new dress and makeup she does not mind but im 15 I will be 16 on august 5 I want to show my family im mature and not a little girl anymore im the youngest so everyone still looks at me as being the little sister im gonna make the cupcakes for my sisters wedding shower im gonna let people try them out and hand out bussines cards I think I might call my bussines sweetie cakes I dont know how much I should sell the cupcakes for there gonna be homemade what do you think?

Hey Girl! I think it's a great idea to want to start a little business of your own in order to earn money! It will show your fam how responsible, mature and grown up you really are. Maybe you can have some friends help you with this.  Also, you are never too old to ask mom for help Smile

Elizabeth K.

by redvelvetluv on 5/2/2013 12:51:17 PM

thanks Elizabeth K. hes healthy I think maybe he does it because hes not really use to playing like my other cats he does not pant for a long time just for like 1 minute then hes fine he does go crazy he spins in circles and runs back in fourth really fast its funny to watch Smile

No prob girl! That sounds funny! I am sure everything is normal! Don't worry girl, just keep an eye out Smile

Elizabeth K.

by redvelvetluv on 5/2/2013 11:40:32 AM

you probaly wont be able to answer this Q but I got this lazer toy for my cats these three cats that I have in my basement when we first got them they were just kittens
and were supposed to be fosters but they grew on us and they got so use to being at the house so we kept them there 1 now I think anyway the biggest one Toby loves the lazer he hardly ever plays but he is crazy about the lazer anyway when im playing with him for like 20 mintues or more he stops and starts panting so I wait for him to calm down the other cats dont do this just him it makes me nervous he is a big cat I think 18 or 20 pounds hes not fat though is this normal? I could not find anything online.

Hey Girl! I don't know how healthy your cat is so you should def ask your mom or dad about what they think.  Maybe you guys can take your cat to the vet for a check up and see if you need to change it's diet. But for now I think its totes fine to play with your cat, it's how it gets exercise.  Just make sure it gets enough water afterwards!
Elizabeth K.

by redvelvetluv on 5/2/2013 11:09:58 AM

Mod mod mod
My mom snoops help

Hey Girl! OK so I am sure that this makes you super mad! You should confront her about it nicely and just say "Hey mom, I really don't like it when you snoop through my stuff.  We need to be able to trust each other."  The trust factor is HUGE so make sure you talk about how to fix this.

Elizabeth K.

by DancrGurl on 5/2/2013 1:56:15 AM

Mod
Okay so I have this substitute at school and she honestly just treats us like dirt. Today I got into an argument with her because of this and I just lost my temper and she got really mad at me (but I didn't get detention or anything) it's not even like I yelled at her but I told her I didn't finish my work because I was having trouble with it, not because I was talking and because she can never be wrong, she got really mad at me. Well she's a sub that we have pretty often and I actually have her tomorrow for another class. How can I make it not be awkward? I'm usually liked by teachers and I hate having people mad at me, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't feel like I should apologize, but do you think I should? I just felt like I needed to stand up for myself. And how can I avoid losing my temper again in the future? Thank you! And sorry this is so long

Hey girl, if you don't feel like you should apologize, then don't worry about it.  It's important to stand up for yourself sometimes.  Try giving both yourself and the sub a new, fresh start.  Make sure you're respectful of the sub and carry on.  A new class is a new beginning.  For advice on controlling your temper, check out this post.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by Miaboo123 on 5/1/2013 4:55:45 PM

ok so I'm very mature especially for my age I can't drink because of the medicine I take but even if I could I wouldn't cause of the way people act when their drunk and liquor is so bad for you anyway I'm 15 I'll be sixteen on august 5th I noticed that a lot of kids drink underaged I honestly think they just do it cause it's cool my one sisters finances bother does he's 16 I think iv seen him drinking beer before one time I saw him drink two bottles my other sisters finance daughter who's 15 and a year younger then me said she was gonna be drinking at my sisters wedding cause my sister and her fiancé are having a bar I rolled my eyes when she said that I wanted to say your kidding me right drinking at 15 your a real winner! I mean seriously do these kids know how ridiculous they look?

A lot of kids drink at that age because they think its the cool thing to do. But it should not be taken lightly and comes with a LOT of responsibility. I'm very glad you dont do it. That's the right route to take. Stick to your guns and stay on that high road hon! Its the best decision you can make at that age Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by redvelvetluv on 4/30/2013 9:13:16 PM

this is gonna sound gross in a minute.. I've had my period for 5 years now. I'm on the pill to regulate my periods. However, I got mine two weeks early this month. That's not that bad, but I'm having A LOT of clots. I was in the shower and I noticed a huge clot go down the drain. Then I was using the bathroom afterward and when I wiped, along came a long clot with it. Yeah, it's really disgusting... But is this normal? I've never had clots this bad in the past. Thanks in advanced!

I don't think its a huge deal but if I were you I would definitely ask your doctor. Even if you just call and ask. They're going to be able to give yo the peace of mind that nothings wrong and everythings ok. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by coleypoke22 on 4/30/2013 9:09:06 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay so I have had my period for about a year now and it used to go every other month and then it was regual every month during the 1st week of the month for about 4 months. It skipped April but i think I will defintly have it in May. I have to wear white pants on the 3rd and 4th of May but I don't want to get my period while Im wearing white pants. Can I use a tampon even though I may not be on my period or how do I prepare or do anything so that if I all of the sudden get it while I'm in my white pants, it doesn't bleedd through? Thanks!

Hey Cowsrule11, yeah I would wear a tampon just in case. Bring an extra pair of white pants or pants in the event something does happen. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.