11 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

15 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

16 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

YOLO or "Oh, no"? When taking a risk is the right thing to do

With YOLO as the motto, we know it’s important to have fun! You only live once and you wanna make the most of it, right...

I don't even see my comment on here yet...

by Maymaye4 on 7/24/2013 3:53:45 PM

MOD
I am going to the doctors soon, and they always ask me this one question that has always made me feel uncomfortable . That question being 'have you been sexually active?' .
My mom is in the room the entire time and I just feel uncomfortable. It's like her and the doctor expect me to say yes JUST because I am currently dating someone.
Honestly, idk how to say no without it sounding like I'm lying. I mean all I do say is 'no' when they ask me, but it's just my tone I guess because of how uncomfortable I am answering it.
So basically tips for feeling better about answering it I guess? Would be really helpful.. Thnx

Hey GL girl! If you're not active, you're not doing anything wrong by just saying 'no.' Even if you sound awkward or scared, it's because you're uncomforatable talking about that, which is O.K. The important thing is to always tell your doc the truth- it makes a difference if you are or aren't active to your doctor, who needs to know for medical reasons. Just because you sound like your lying doesn't mean everyone else thinks you are- and the important thing is you know you aren't lying. Try thinking of something funny in your head or taking slow breaths to calm yourself down if it makes ya nervous to say so. Hope this helps, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by Maymaye4 on 7/24/2013 3:52:02 PM

YOLO isn't an excuse to be stupid

by Dizzy Little Dreamer on 6/21/2013 11:45:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
would it be okay to wear a tampon to the track meet instead of a pad? or would it be uncomfortable?

hey! yeah a tampon would be ideal. You don't even feel them once you get the hang of them. here are some tips, hope they help! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

Helen S.

by junior on 5/25/2013 2:33:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so i have a track meet next week, and I'm thinking of wearing like spankie shorts(tight short shorts) because they will make me faster(they will be tight so i will be more 'aerodynamic') The only thing is I think I'm going to get my period during the meet & i only wear pads so I wouldnt be able to wear them because then i would have underwear lines. I CANT have my period during the track day because i get crqamps & everything too & idk what to do! how do I delay it or something?

Hey! the truth is you can't delay your period. I know it's the worst but that's just one of the facts of life. It comes and goes when it wants. However, exercise is often great for abdominal pain so if it strikes at the worst time powering through might actually feel good. Before the race maybe try switching out a heavier pad with a light pantyliner, and change back after so that it's not noticable through your shorts. good luck!

Helen S.

by junior on 5/25/2013 1:48:19 PM

YOLO has seriously made me gain like 10 pounds...

by JackieH on 5/15/2013 10:28:42 PM

Not YOLO. Probably UIDTS for: Umm.. I Dont Think So.

UIDTS all the way xP

by gemstone_smile5 on 5/15/2013 8:17:31 PM

Yolo as you only live once is dumb. Its much better as you obviously love oreos.

by seekthetruth929 on 5/15/2013 5:26:40 PM

by Emilicious on 5/15/2013 12:23:18 AM

YOLO is definitely not my motto. If you only live once, why would you want to risk that one and only life doing something really stupid?

by supersingershannon on 5/14/2013 9:55:34 PM