AN HOUR AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

2 HOURS AGO This could be us at #Homecoming, but you playin' http://t.co/HsMGXHMz8v

2 HOURS AGO Certain secrets shouldn't be kept: http://t.co/2p1FS9qegF

COMMENTS

YOLO or "Oh, no"? When taking a risk is the right thing to do

With YOLO as the motto, we know it’s important to have fun! You only live once and you wanna make the most of it, right...

I don't even see my comment on here yet...

by Maymaye4 on 7/24/2013 3:53:45 PM

MOD
I am going to the doctors soon, and they always ask me this one question that has always made me feel uncomfortable . That question being 'have you been sexually active?' .
My mom is in the room the entire time and I just feel uncomfortable. It's like her and the doctor expect me to say yes JUST because I am currently dating someone.
Honestly, idk how to say no without it sounding like I'm lying. I mean all I do say is 'no' when they ask me, but it's just my tone I guess because of how uncomfortable I am answering it.
So basically tips for feeling better about answering it I guess? Would be really helpful.. Thnx

Hey GL girl! If you're not active, you're not doing anything wrong by just saying 'no.' Even if you sound awkward or scared, it's because you're uncomforatable talking about that, which is O.K. The important thing is to always tell your doc the truth- it makes a difference if you are or aren't active to your doctor, who needs to know for medical reasons. Just because you sound like your lying doesn't mean everyone else thinks you are- and the important thing is you know you aren't lying. Try thinking of something funny in your head or taking slow breaths to calm yourself down if it makes ya nervous to say so. Hope this helps, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by Maymaye4 on 7/24/2013 3:52:02 PM

YOLO isn't an excuse to be stupid

by Dizzy Little Dreamer on 6/21/2013 11:45:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
would it be okay to wear a tampon to the track meet instead of a pad? or would it be uncomfortable?

hey! yeah a tampon would be ideal. You don't even feel them once you get the hang of them. here are some tips, hope they help! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/007-Period-Advice.aspx

Helen S.

by junior on 5/25/2013 2:33:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so i have a track meet next week, and I'm thinking of wearing like spankie shorts(tight short shorts) because they will make me faster(they will be tight so i will be more 'aerodynamic') The only thing is I think I'm going to get my period during the meet & i only wear pads so I wouldnt be able to wear them because then i would have underwear lines. I CANT have my period during the track day because i get crqamps & everything too & idk what to do! how do I delay it or something?

Hey! the truth is you can't delay your period. I know it's the worst but that's just one of the facts of life. It comes and goes when it wants. However, exercise is often great for abdominal pain so if it strikes at the worst time powering through might actually feel good. Before the race maybe try switching out a heavier pad with a light pantyliner, and change back after so that it's not noticable through your shorts. good luck!

Helen S.

by junior on 5/25/2013 1:48:19 PM

YOLO has seriously made me gain like 10 pounds...

by JackieH on 5/15/2013 10:28:42 PM

Not YOLO. Probably UIDTS for: Umm.. I Dont Think So.

UIDTS all the way xP

by gemstone_smile5 on 5/15/2013 8:17:31 PM

Yolo as you only live once is dumb. Its much better as you obviously love oreos.

by seekthetruth929 on 5/15/2013 5:26:40 PM

by Emilicious on 5/15/2013 12:23:18 AM

YOLO is definitely not my motto. If you only live once, why would you want to risk that one and only life doing something really stupid?

by supersingershannon on 5/14/2013 9:55:34 PM

totally agree with both of you guys

by sammyy99 on 5/14/2013 7:01:40 PM

by bookworm2000 on 5/14/2013 6:57:12 PM

YOLO?!?!?! It's called "Livin' Like Larry"!

by HappySunshine on 5/14/2013 6:19:03 PM

Hakuna Matata ~ No worries for the rest of your days (:

by 1DLoveXX on 5/14/2013 6:18:49 PM

I like yolo, but sometimes its a bit to extreme.

AWESOME MOTTOS TO FOLLOW:

1. Hakuna Matata
2. Life is short, eat dessert first
3. Its not weird, its unique
4. Im a geek and I know it
5. Live life with music
6. Love the world, the world loves you
7. the fear of the name increases the fear of the thing itself (jk rowling)
8. Peace, <3, Smile
9. stand out, its okay to be different
10. when in doubt, eat the cookie

by violagirl115 on 5/14/2013 6:12:05 PM

ok im worried about my friend, shes depressed. she cuts herself, says shes stupid, ugly, worthless, and that guys dont like her, that no one likes her. Shes iritable, easily gives up. She cant concintrate, she thinks her medical problems stop her from doing stuff. She has sucidal thoughts, she was raped. Also abused by one of her ex's. she feels that shes being treated diffrently by her parents. her parents are divorced, she hates her stepmom, her dads going back in the army. She cant get over one of her ex's that she was with for a while. AND im pretty sure shes emotionally imbalanced. How can i help her? i was think about giving her a makeover, help her study, help her set goals and reach them, get her into somthing new, give her pep talk, help her eat healthy, help her exersize, is there anything else im missing?

Those all sound PERFECT. Another suggestion I have for you is to not give up on her. It's hard for people who feel depressed or have anxiety to get help. People give them advice and are there for them, but when things don't get better instantly, they give up. You have to be there for the long haul, to help her no matter how bad she gets. Shes going to need you. You sound like an amazing friend though, I have no doubt you'll be the perfect support for her. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by lilja on 5/14/2013 5:31:26 PM

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough <3 Smile

by julybaby01 on 5/14/2013 5:06:09 PM

I agree with the other guys, YOLO is annoying. It's only reason for existence (well it's only use anyway) is to encourage people to do stupid stuff (examle: "Oh, I'm going to eat this two week old moldy unrefrigerated chicken pie, because, well, YOLO!" "I'm going to drive at a red light even though there's a chance I might hit a pedestrian because YOLO!") I much prefer "Carpe Diem". It is latin for cease the day. And people at my school actually say "hashtag" before, they say YOLO, I mean, how STUPID is that ( I'm going to kick the soccer ball into the face of someone I hate, because hashtag YOLO!) ? YOLO is overused. I hate YOLO. Thanks for listening to me ramble on about how much I hate YOLO (don't even get me started on "Swag) . Sorry if I've come on to you as a jerk, I just really hate YOLO.

by hermionegirl12 on 5/14/2013 4:50:34 PM

No the motto is Hakuna Matata duh

by Jules1399 on 5/14/2013 4:38:13 PM

YOLO is so annoying. Like really. I just say live in the moment. No future no past.

by Chicwithblondhair101 on 5/14/2013 4:02:49 PM