1 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

3 HOURS AGO Who wants to play a game where you shoot tampons at your enemies instead of guns?! Yeah, we thought so: http://t.co/sCksTtQJm1

3 HOURS AGO Wake up your water—and score a major health boost—with these delish additions: http://t.co/uato2GGfWE #recipes

COMMENTS

3 ways to get out of an awkward sitch with your crush

Embarrassing yourself in front of your crush is every girl’s worst nightmare and, unfortunately, a place far too many of us have been. You trip right in...

MOD MOD MOD?
There's this guy, "N", and we used to text all the time. He was super flirty and funny when we did. I really liked him. All my friends thought he liked me back too. I only had one class with him and we never got to talk during the day. One day I accidently sent "N" a text meant for my friend, where I said something about "not getting to talk to him". He started questioning about who "him" was. So last week I told him that "him" was him. He wasn't super awkward about it at all. He didn't tell me that he liked me or didn't like me. His friend is messing with me about it, acting like he knows something that he can't tell me. He still texts me back sometimes, but now I don't know what to do...

Hey girlie, since he already knows what you've been telling your friend go ahead and ask him if he likes you or tell him that you like him. The worst that can happen is that he doesn't like you. Then you can still be friends and move on to crushing on a guy who really likes you back.

Lauren T.

by natjinx on 5/5/2013 8:26:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I met this amazing guy a few weeks ago and we had this instant connection. He asked me out a few days ago, and I said yes. We're going out this Friday. One problem: I'm 15, he's 18, and I'm not sure if I should tell my parents. They would make a big deal and want to interrogate him and I don't want to freak him out on our 1st date! What should I do??

Hey girlie,

I know it's awkward, but honesty is the best policy, and your parents would be more willing to give him a chance if they were in the loop from the beginning instead of you keeping it a secret from them. Maybe you could invite him for dinner at your house to get to know your parents better, and you could just talk to them beforehand if you're afraid they'll be too harsh. They'll be happy that you trusted them enough to talk to them about him and will be more likely to let you date him!

Meghan D.

by hobo23 on 5/4/2013 10:57:57 PM

There's a guy a grade ahead of me that I think is really cute. I've caught him staring at me several times, but I've only talked to him once. What can I do to talk to him? Since he's in a different grade, I can't talk about homework or classes with him, and we don't have many mutual friends. Any ideas on how I can get him to go from noticing me to talking to me? Thank you so much!

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could talk to him about school in general and tell each other about your classes, even though you're not in the same ones! You could also invite him to hang out with you and your friend group to get to know him better in a more casual setting. You could also talk to him at a sports game or other event at your school, or go together with your friends to a school event. Or you could talk to him at lunch or after school, or ask him to dance with you at your next school dance. Good luck chica!

Meghan D.

by aloha_morgan on 5/4/2013 10:55:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD so theres this guy i like who goes to a different school then me. my friend told him he should go to prom with me and he told her he would tell me his answer the next time he saw me (which would be at work since we work together) so when we worked together i completely ignored him the entire time. so he talked to my friend and said he never got the chance to tell me. so the next day i came into work and just walked right up to him and was like im sorry for not talking to you i was just nervous. so then he asked me to my prom. We went together and had a great time! the thing is, everyone is askeing me if were dating and im not sure if we even have a thing?? we still talk and stuff, but he seems a little more quiet now.. im not sure where to go from here? any suggestions would help Smile

Hey girlie,

If neither of you knows what your relationship status is, it can definitely be tricky to answer those questions! If you had a great time together, there's no need to label your relationship to other people, as long as you are having fun with each other! Maybe the next time you hang out, you could just ask him what he considers your relationship status. I know it seems awkward, but if you both talk about it you'll be on the same page!

Meghan D.

by Cherries51 on 5/4/2013 10:08:46 PM

last night, at my school dance, my really good friend got asked out by her crush (I totally called it too ;) and I'm this weird combination of extremely happy and really jealous. She slow danced with him and everything, and she got her dream come true. They make such a cute couple, and I just knew they'd get together. I wish that would happen to me with my crush so bad, it hurts. How can I get over my jealousy and just be plain happy for her?

Hey! I felt the exact same way you did when I was younger and you know what? it got better. I'm actually really glad now that I didn't have a bunch of insignificant bfs in middle school and high school. You'll meet someone really substantial when you're older. Good guys are worth the wait. You don't need a boyfriend to validate you. Read books, have fun, and get to know who YOU are before you worry about boys. I promise you will meet someone one day.

Helen S.

by Casey_cookie on 5/4/2013 3:00:36 PM

I was in a relationship in January with this guy from another school but we only went on one date (we dated though from the 1st to the 24th). He broke up with me because he said it was too hard to see me. (his school is my neighboring school). And just the other day he texted me and told me he still had feelings for me and we started talking again. I never said anything about me still liking him, because I'm not sure if I still do or not, I've started to move on. But The other day he asked me if I wanted to hang out once school gets out for summer. I said sure. Then he said that he would ask me out when we were hanging out. Now I don't know what to do because I can't make up my mind if I still like him, my friends say I shouldn't date him again, but I think I still like him. But at the same time I kind of want to be single this summer. (He also keeps texting he <3)Any tips on what I should do? I'm really lost and confused. Thanks!

Hey! No pressure to make anything official. Why not go on a few dates this summer, but don't officially go out with him. You guys are so young, you should date around before you start seeing just one guy. good luck!

Helen S.

by ljbdaisy on 5/4/2013 12:17:35 PM

Mod mod mod
So I told you about this before, but I have more. 6 months ago, this guy rejected me. Last week, when I asked him if he saw something of mine, he could've just said yes or no. Instead, he helped me look for it, but he was in a mad rush for no reason. That made me think that he was starting to like me. The next day, when I walked in the room, he said to his friend "shh!". And then the day after that, his other friend decided to playfully chat with me, which was weird because he hasn't done that in months. My crush would walk by me a lot. He was all giggly and acting stupid for no reason. But a few days ago, he wasn't showing any interest. His friend talked to me again, though. My crush never stares at me or likes any of my pictures on facebook, but he does like other girls' pics. Is he a waste of time? I don't want to be hurt again. I sometimes feel like he thinks I still like him. Should I just strike up a convo with him and go from there? Thanks (:

Hey girl, its completely your choice. I would honestly say try and talk to him a couple times, see what happens if he's being flirty. If not, it may be time to move to the next cutie!

lauren r.

by isabellec on 5/4/2013 11:46:42 AM

Whisper to your crush, "No one saw that... right?"

by Pugglegirl1008 on 5/4/2013 10:12:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD This is going to sound absolutely crazy, but bear with me please! So I'm in eighth grade and it's not that I don't have any friends, I have a lot, but I want to make more. I want to be popular for high school and I want to be elected as a class officer! The problem is I'm not friends with the popular kids, except like I talk to like two of the girls (I wouldn't call us friends though, maybe accquantinces). It's like this: if I'm sitting next to one of them in a class they'll talk to their friends around us but they'll ask me a question if they have one, so they aren't ignoring me completely but we're not even close to being friends and talking elsewhere like I wanna do! What do I talk about to them w/out being anoying? I don't wanna talk about school/hobbies because school is boring (I already know the hw assignments!) and we've gone to school together for years! How do I start making more friends,becoming popular and being that girl that talks to and is friends w/everyone?

Hey girl, it takes time. Compliment them on clothing or something they did. Just let the conversation take over itself. If you think too much, you'll become too nervous! Just let it happen. Smile

lauren r.

by thatsnotawkward on 5/4/2013 9:52:39 AM

hey I actually have nothing to say - I just wanted to be the first comment.

by Beach Girl <3 on 5/4/2013 9:46:29 AM