2 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

5 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

6 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

Could you deal with an all-veg cafeteria menu?

Sure, we can handle going vegetarian for a night or two--even a whole day! But all week, every week? That's crazy talk...or is it? One elementary...

I find it rediculous! it's not fair what about those people who arent vegitarian or vegan?! not that i have a problem with it! i have a best friend who's vegitarian and she gets everything she needs and enjoys it! but its not fair to those who arent! so im against it!

by sydneyp626 on 5/13/2013 6:13:04 PM

I would support it. It would help me to stay a vegetarian (I tried at the beginning of the school year and only lasted two weeks) and I think it might be healthier than a lot of the stuff they currently sell at my school. And there are other ways to get all the nutrients that are in meat. Also, smaller brains doesn't mean smarter or dumber, brain size doesn't relate to brain capacity at all. As long as the school does it right, I don't see what could go wrong.

by PrincessoftheSea on 5/11/2013 11:47:30 AM

I'm vegetarian and I don't eat cheese so it would be perfect if my school went vegetarian. I might be able to eat most of it and buy lunches. Plus it's so much healthier than other food they serve

by Reinerc on 5/11/2013 7:58:48 AM

I am vegan and I would love for my school to quit serving the greasy icky totally unhealthy meals they serve. And we wonder why our generation is overweight???

by Herbivore13 on 5/10/2013 9:40:08 PM

Humans don't need much protein. It is proven that we only need about 23 grams of protein a day, and its very easy to get that through vegetables versus rotting flesh. Your choice.

by muffinmonster101 on 5/10/2013 8:13:02 PM

I don't like this article. I'm vegan and I live an extremely healthy life. Did you know PLANTS provide more protein than MEAT? And that PLANTS provide more calcium than MILK? And that PLANTS provide more IRON than meat? And being vegan isn't unhealthy or hard at all and it's totally worth living one of the healthiest diets in the world. I'm vegan for a couple of reasons I am against the cruelty of animals, it's super healthy once you know what to eat, cook, where to go for dinner and what to buy for groceries, and the planet! Florence N.

by randommmm on 5/9/2013 9:13:27 PM

Me and my mom have been pescetarians for 3 in a half months now
we eat seafood but not meat like pork bacon hotdogs steak chicken
my two sisters get really annoying with it my oldest sister is like you need to eat chicken and saying your gonna get anorexic and your hairs gonna fall out no that's a vegan
being a vegan is by far one of the hardest diets you have to make sure you always have protein
being a pesce is a very healthy lifestyle I don't take pressure and criticism well at all but still it's none of their business my one other sister eats at taco bell and burger king 2 times a week so
she really shouldn't tell me and mom were not eating healthy I cry sometimes because it hurts my feelings why can't they be supportive what should I do?

Hey babe- OK this eating lifestyle that you are taking on is only for you, so don't let other people who are outsiders to it let you down.  If your sis really is bothering you, let her know how you feel.  If she doesn't stop you should talk to your mom about it.  But the best thing you can do for yourself is to just ignore her!

Elizabeth K.

by redvelvetluv on 5/6/2013 10:58:52 AM

Being vegetarian isn't all veggies. You can eat a lot of stuff and if you are Lacto-Ovo vegetarian (eat dairy and eggs) you basically eat most things but meat. I am Lacto-ovo and I have a lot of variety in my diet. The food pyramid actually has a "Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans and nut group" This group is the protein group and there are other ways to get protein than from meat, fish and poultry. Being vegetarian you can actually eat a lot of other foods. Being vegetarian really doesn't mean only fruits and veggies they are just a big part or your diet. The my plate actually says protein instead of meat also. I get that not everyone agrees with vegetarianism and you don't have to I am just saying it isn't really a bad thing. Yes there can be downsides to being vegetarian health-wise but you can say that about every style of eating. Being any kinda of Vegetarian or vegan doesn't restrict as much as you'd think.

by Cece-marie on 5/6/2013 12:18:38 AM

Going vegetarian can be healthy, but as many children do not like vegetables (me when I was little), they would not be getting enough protein. If I was going to this elementary school, I would not be happy having only vegetarian meals. A few times a week would be fine, but lean meats like grilled chicken are actually very healthy.

by bunniesrock14 on 5/5/2013 10:43:06 PM

That's not a good idea. Not everyone is a vegetarian. Plus, according to my doctor, it's not entirely healthy to be a vegetarian. They're prone to Kidney Stones. It's really an opinion. Also, many people at my school just throw their vegetables away. Do you know how many people would go hungry? My Plate even says to eat meat. The food pyramid says to eat meat. This isn't as healthy as you would think.

by Radieal on 5/5/2013 6:48:01 PM