AN HOUR AGO What's your view on vaping? Tell us in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/PAXulQJNMZ

12 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

13 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

COMMENTS

Could you deal with an all-veg cafeteria menu?

Sure, we can handle going vegetarian for a night or two--even a whole day! But all week, every week? That's crazy talk...or is it? One elementary...

That's not really a good idea. I mean, I'm not the type of person that is very heavy on eating meat, but, some kids are. Some kids like meat a lot and schools shouldn't change a kid's diet just because they think they need to be healthier. Why do you think we have different parts of the food pyramid and meat is one of them? You need each of those parts to be completely healthy. In this case, they should of just added more fruits and veggies, not take away all the meat.

by fashionfreak802 on 5/4/2013 8:09:38 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so on Wednesday I am going to start going to the worship practices at my church, and I have been praying about this for a while and I have talked to my youth pastor and he worship team, but Wednesday will be the first time any if them will actually hear me sing.. I am sooo nervous.!!!! What if I have a terrible voice and everybody who has said I'm good just said that to be nice.?! I'll embarrass myself soo bad if they say no and I might end up crying in front if them because I'm so freaking sensitive.! Plus its all guys in the worship team, and I'm going to be the only girl there and I'm gonna be on my period.!! How do I calm down and not be so nervous.?! Please answer... thanks.!

Hey girl, I promise everyone will be supportive and you will do great! Just keep practicing!

lauren r.

by Maegan13 on 5/4/2013 4:07:45 AM

As a vegetarian I may be a little biased but I think this is a great idea. At my school there are not a lot of good veg. options and this is very frustrating. This could also be helpful to students with religious rules concerning the meat they can consume. As to protein there are actually sources of plant protein like beans, soy, nuts and many more. There are also many sources of iron such as spinach, pumpkin seeds, soy beans and so many more. I don't think this is really taking away freedoms I think it is actually a great way to eat healthier and give more options to those with religious or ethical reasons they can not or choose not to eat meat. One meal a day without meat won't hurt anyone and sounds like a really good way to help people try new foods. Veg. eating isn't all salad I've actually tried great new foods since I have become vegetarian. If one really wants to bring something with meat then good for them but this is a great way to provide tasty and healthy options.

by Cece-marie on 5/4/2013 1:52:21 AM

I think its great!!! All my cafeteria serves is greasy pizza, and its so unhealthy. Meat would be really expensive if its a good quality, and it would have to be frozen. I think going vegetarian is a perfect solution. I with my school did that.

by 4soccer27 on 5/4/2013 12:31:40 AM

Shouldn't they recieve lots of protein since they are children in the midst of a constant growing process???

by maeugeniap on 5/3/2013 11:16:21 PM

I don't really think that's a great idea. I mean, honestly, meat isn't that bad for you. Grass fed beef and Pastured pork won't hurt you- in fact, its good for you, so instead of going veg, why not simply add GOOD meat? I definitely wouldn't totally support it because i believe we are omnivores for a reason, and humans NEED the nutrients in the meat (not just protein girls, micro nutrients). Soy, and other grains aren't easily digestible, and do other harm on the body, and don't make a good one- for- one substitute.I support vegetarian options, but as a gluten- intolerant, grain/dairy/nut free girl, i most certainly wouldn't survive off the carb loaded, sugar-frosted, Soy they would serve as "healthy" alternatives to meat. Humans need meat!

by VictoriaNight on 5/3/2013 10:22:51 PM

That is wonderful!!! OMG, I really wish my school sold vegetarian friendly meals. Every school should have at least half of their menu all veg SmileSmile

by XxStarlessNightxX on 5/3/2013 9:43:32 PM

While it's great for schools to have vegetarian options, I don't think it's OK for schools to force everyone who buys lunch to eat healthy or vegetarian lunches. America was founded on freedom, but lately so many of our freedoms and constitutional rights have been threatened. We should have the freedom to choose what we want for school lunch without people saying "Bring lunch from home if you don't want to eat the school lunches." Some people can't do that, and there needs to be options for everyone. I understand the motives behind the whole "anti-obesity" and "healthy school lunch" programs, but the government and schools cannot take away our freedom to eat what we want!

by st8cfab on 5/3/2013 9:11:13 PM

I am a vegetarian and I would love it, however just because I think it is reasonable doesn't mean everyone does. I think that they should definitely have plenty of vegetarian options, but also have healthy, lean meats. Everyone has different ways of eating! Cheddar and black bean quesadillas do rock though! And I agree with whoever said meatless mondays would be good.

by bonbon7810 on 5/3/2013 8:46:47 PM

I'm a semi-vegetarian (no meat, yes poultry/fish). Though I don't say anything a lot unless someone asks, considering what passes for "food" in my school, I wouldn't mind an all vegetarian lunch. It's just one meal a day, and kids who would really want meat can also bring their own or trade with others who do. It could be a meat free public lunch, but not a meat free lunch room. Protein can also be in Bocca burgers or something.
Two words. Beef Nachos. And no, from my experience before switching, they are not as good as they sound. Besides, they look like cat vomit.

by Pauline07 on 5/3/2013 8:40:16 PM