6 HOURS AGO Really though, is there any better feeling than a fresh mani?

7 HOURS AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

10 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

COMMENTS

Could you deal with an all-veg cafeteria menu?

Sure, we can handle going vegetarian for a night or two--even a whole day! But all week, every week? That's crazy talk...or is it? One elementary...

I find it rediculous! it's not fair what about those people who arent vegitarian or vegan?! not that i have a problem with it! i have a best friend who's vegitarian and she gets everything she needs and enjoys it! but its not fair to those who arent! so im against it!

by sydneyp626 on 5/13/2013 6:13:04 PM

I would support it. It would help me to stay a vegetarian (I tried at the beginning of the school year and only lasted two weeks) and I think it might be healthier than a lot of the stuff they currently sell at my school. And there are other ways to get all the nutrients that are in meat. Also, smaller brains doesn't mean smarter or dumber, brain size doesn't relate to brain capacity at all. As long as the school does it right, I don't see what could go wrong.

by PrincessoftheSea on 5/11/2013 11:47:30 AM

I'm vegetarian and I don't eat cheese so it would be perfect if my school went vegetarian. I might be able to eat most of it and buy lunches. Plus it's so much healthier than other food they serve

by Reinerc on 5/11/2013 7:58:48 AM

I am vegan and I would love for my school to quit serving the greasy icky totally unhealthy meals they serve. And we wonder why our generation is overweight???

by Herbivore13 on 5/10/2013 9:40:08 PM

Humans don't need much protein. It is proven that we only need about 23 grams of protein a day, and its very easy to get that through vegetables versus rotting flesh. Your choice.

by muffinmonster101 on 5/10/2013 8:13:02 PM

I don't like this article. I'm vegan and I live an extremely healthy life. Did you know PLANTS provide more protein than MEAT? And that PLANTS provide more calcium than MILK? And that PLANTS provide more IRON than meat? And being vegan isn't unhealthy or hard at all and it's totally worth living one of the healthiest diets in the world. I'm vegan for a couple of reasons I am against the cruelty of animals, it's super healthy once you know what to eat, cook, where to go for dinner and what to buy for groceries, and the planet! Florence N.

by randommmm on 5/9/2013 9:13:27 PM

Me and my mom have been pescetarians for 3 in a half months now
we eat seafood but not meat like pork bacon hotdogs steak chicken
my two sisters get really annoying with it my oldest sister is like you need to eat chicken and saying your gonna get anorexic and your hairs gonna fall out no that's a vegan
being a vegan is by far one of the hardest diets you have to make sure you always have protein
being a pesce is a very healthy lifestyle I don't take pressure and criticism well at all but still it's none of their business my one other sister eats at taco bell and burger king 2 times a week so
she really shouldn't tell me and mom were not eating healthy I cry sometimes because it hurts my feelings why can't they be supportive what should I do?

Hey babe- OK this eating lifestyle that you are taking on is only for you, so don't let other people who are outsiders to it let you down.  If your sis really is bothering you, let her know how you feel.  If she doesn't stop you should talk to your mom about it.  But the best thing you can do for yourself is to just ignore her!

Elizabeth K.

by redvelvetluv on 5/6/2013 10:58:52 AM

Being vegetarian isn't all veggies. You can eat a lot of stuff and if you are Lacto-Ovo vegetarian (eat dairy and eggs) you basically eat most things but meat. I am Lacto-ovo and I have a lot of variety in my diet. The food pyramid actually has a "Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans and nut group" This group is the protein group and there are other ways to get protein than from meat, fish and poultry. Being vegetarian you can actually eat a lot of other foods. Being vegetarian really doesn't mean only fruits and veggies they are just a big part or your diet. The my plate actually says protein instead of meat also. I get that not everyone agrees with vegetarianism and you don't have to I am just saying it isn't really a bad thing. Yes there can be downsides to being vegetarian health-wise but you can say that about every style of eating. Being any kinda of Vegetarian or vegan doesn't restrict as much as you'd think.

by Cece-marie on 5/6/2013 12:18:38 AM

Going vegetarian can be healthy, but as many children do not like vegetables (me when I was little), they would not be getting enough protein. If I was going to this elementary school, I would not be happy having only vegetarian meals. A few times a week would be fine, but lean meats like grilled chicken are actually very healthy.

by bunniesrock14 on 5/5/2013 10:43:06 PM

That's not a good idea. Not everyone is a vegetarian. Plus, according to my doctor, it's not entirely healthy to be a vegetarian. They're prone to Kidney Stones. It's really an opinion. Also, many people at my school just throw their vegetables away. Do you know how many people would go hungry? My Plate even says to eat meat. The food pyramid says to eat meat. This isn't as healthy as you would think.

by Radieal on 5/5/2013 6:48:01 PM

I hate this article. I find it offensive since I'm a vegetarian. Sorry GL. It's in my culture. I don't like how you make it sound like a bad thing. Like going veg. would be hard. I'd appreciate it if in the future you didn't post stuff in this point of view it's okay, but kinda offensive to my culture. Meghan D.

by aki2000 on 5/4/2013 11:15:11 PM

i would love that. i am a vegetarian, but at my school they have a fresh salad bar, you van pick everything you want to have on it, my school also has a deli bar

by starr125f on 5/4/2013 4:00:51 PM

That would be so cool! I'm a vegeatarian but I can only buy from the school once in 2 weeks (-ish) because they hardly ever have vegetarian food. Plus the food sounds so delish (quesadillas!!) Smile

by genieinabottle on 5/4/2013 3:24:42 PM

AWESOME! I am vegetarian, but in high school and we don't have many vegetarian choices, either salad or pizza.

by twise8484 on 5/4/2013 1:29:07 PM

I think all schools should do that! The lunches at schools are so fattening and unhealthy. Even my friends always say 'Is that even meat?' EW! LETS GET HEALTHY!

by LexiNicoleBieber on 5/4/2013 11:49:07 AM

t meat alot and so does alot of people in my school but changing it wont make a diifrence people will start bringing from home instead and bring more junkfood so keep it they way it is because then the schhol wont make as much money
then they will bring the meat out they should always have a vegan alltertive for who ever wants it

by nickisongz on 5/4/2013 10:05:36 AM

I would definitely love this at my school!

by marlenmares on 5/4/2013 9:59:41 AM

I could definitely do that because I've been a vegetarian my whole life. But I bring my own lunch everyday anyway because I'm allergic to gluten as well as being a vegetarian. =D

by music191 on 5/4/2013 9:39:13 AM

That's so great! I'm vegan, so I definitely support this, haha. I just hope that they make sure they have a variation for those with allergies. My schoole's idea of a healthier cafeteria is replacing the greasy pizza with cream caramel...

by Shadow.Fall691 on 5/4/2013 9:17:02 AM

I wouldn't mind going vegetarian once or twice a week, but as it just so happens, I am obsessed with chicken sandwich day at our school. I know that everyone is trying to stop obesity, but I think its getting a little out of hand. My school already has smaller portions, and whole grain bread that literally bounces when you drop it. The fight against obesity is great and all, but no one at my school is obese, or even close to obese. All these rules are doing, is starving us skinny kids until we look anorexic, because everyone is afraid that we are going to become extremely obese in the near future.

by beaky54321 on 5/4/2013 8:39:28 AM

That's not really a good idea. I mean, I'm not the type of person that is very heavy on eating meat, but, some kids are. Some kids like meat a lot and schools shouldn't change a kid's diet just because they think they need to be healthier. Why do you think we have different parts of the food pyramid and meat is one of them? You need each of those parts to be completely healthy. In this case, they should of just added more fruits and veggies, not take away all the meat.

by fashionfreak802 on 5/4/2013 8:09:38 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
so on Wednesday I am going to start going to the worship practices at my church, and I have been praying about this for a while and I have talked to my youth pastor and he worship team, but Wednesday will be the first time any if them will actually hear me sing.. I am sooo nervous.!!!! What if I have a terrible voice and everybody who has said I'm good just said that to be nice.?! I'll embarrass myself soo bad if they say no and I might end up crying in front if them because I'm so freaking sensitive.! Plus its all guys in the worship team, and I'm going to be the only girl there and I'm gonna be on my period.!! How do I calm down and not be so nervous.?! Please answer... thanks.!

Hey girl, I promise everyone will be supportive and you will do great! Just keep practicing!

lauren r.

by Maegan13 on 5/4/2013 4:07:45 AM

As a vegetarian I may be a little biased but I think this is a great idea. At my school there are not a lot of good veg. options and this is very frustrating. This could also be helpful to students with religious rules concerning the meat they can consume. As to protein there are actually sources of plant protein like beans, soy, nuts and many more. There are also many sources of iron such as spinach, pumpkin seeds, soy beans and so many more. I don't think this is really taking away freedoms I think it is actually a great way to eat healthier and give more options to those with religious or ethical reasons they can not or choose not to eat meat. One meal a day without meat won't hurt anyone and sounds like a really good way to help people try new foods. Veg. eating isn't all salad I've actually tried great new foods since I have become vegetarian. If one really wants to bring something with meat then good for them but this is a great way to provide tasty and healthy options.

by Cece-marie on 5/4/2013 1:52:21 AM

I think its great!!! All my cafeteria serves is greasy pizza, and its so unhealthy. Meat would be really expensive if its a good quality, and it would have to be frozen. I think going vegetarian is a perfect solution. I with my school did that.

by 4soccer27 on 5/4/2013 12:31:40 AM

Shouldn't they recieve lots of protein since they are children in the midst of a constant growing process???

by maeugeniap on 5/3/2013 11:16:21 PM

I don't really think that's a great idea. I mean, honestly, meat isn't that bad for you. Grass fed beef and Pastured pork won't hurt you- in fact, its good for you, so instead of going veg, why not simply add GOOD meat? I definitely wouldn't totally support it because i believe we are omnivores for a reason, and humans NEED the nutrients in the meat (not just protein girls, micro nutrients). Soy, and other grains aren't easily digestible, and do other harm on the body, and don't make a good one- for- one substitute.I support vegetarian options, but as a gluten- intolerant, grain/dairy/nut free girl, i most certainly wouldn't survive off the carb loaded, sugar-frosted, Soy they would serve as "healthy" alternatives to meat. Humans need meat!

by VictoriaNight on 5/3/2013 10:22:51 PM

That is wonderful!!! OMG, I really wish my school sold vegetarian friendly meals. Every school should have at least half of their menu all veg SmileSmile

by XxStarlessNightxX on 5/3/2013 9:43:32 PM

While it's great for schools to have vegetarian options, I don't think it's OK for schools to force everyone who buys lunch to eat healthy or vegetarian lunches. America was founded on freedom, but lately so many of our freedoms and constitutional rights have been threatened. We should have the freedom to choose what we want for school lunch without people saying "Bring lunch from home if you don't want to eat the school lunches." Some people can't do that, and there needs to be options for everyone. I understand the motives behind the whole "anti-obesity" and "healthy school lunch" programs, but the government and schools cannot take away our freedom to eat what we want!

by st8cfab on 5/3/2013 9:11:13 PM

I am a vegetarian and I would love it, however just because I think it is reasonable doesn't mean everyone does. I think that they should definitely have plenty of vegetarian options, but also have healthy, lean meats. Everyone has different ways of eating! Cheddar and black bean quesadillas do rock though! And I agree with whoever said meatless mondays would be good.

by bonbon7810 on 5/3/2013 8:46:47 PM

I'm a semi-vegetarian (no meat, yes poultry/fish). Though I don't say anything a lot unless someone asks, considering what passes for "food" in my school, I wouldn't mind an all vegetarian lunch. It's just one meal a day, and kids who would really want meat can also bring their own or trade with others who do. It could be a meat free public lunch, but not a meat free lunch room. Protein can also be in Bocca burgers or something.
Two words. Beef Nachos. And no, from my experience before switching, they are not as good as they sound. Besides, they look like cat vomit.

by Pauline07 on 5/3/2013 8:40:16 PM

I could definitely handle it, since our school's "meat" is disgusting. I've tried to go vegetarian before, but my mom always said no . . . so I bought her a vegetarian cookbook for her birthday. Hopefully she'll be converted.

by 7200wolfgirl7200 on 5/3/2013 8:36:01 PM

I could, I'm vegetarian already. Smile

by libera on 5/3/2013 8:06:17 PM

I don't eat THAT much meat but I still don't think I could do this. Meat is my main source of protein too..I wouldn't want to give that up.

by maggie183 on 5/3/2013 6:47:06 PM

That is crazy talk. When we are young we need certain types of food, you would never want to eat meat everyday of the week but a few days a week is good for you. My friend showed me an article where people who never ate any meat had smaller brains and were deficient in some necessary things to keep our bodies healthy.

Never eat foods with hormones, eat all natural stuff.

by fashionqn on 5/3/2013 5:43:36 PM

I'm lacto-vegetarian (no eggs, no meat, yes dairy) but I don't think schools should go all vegetarian. I don't force my beliefs on people, and meat is a good source of protein for those who eat it. I think schools should encourage eating other foods, so maybe having meatless mondays is a good choice.

by txtingirl on 5/3/2013 5:36:30 PM