11 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

14 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

15 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

Merida's makeover: Big deal or not so much?

Scottish lass Merida from last summer's Pixar smash is finally joining the ranks of the Disney Princesses. But before she joins the queue, evidently she...

Ok an animation and a drawing are NOT going to look exactly the same. I mean besides her dress being more shimmery and fancy, there's really no difference. She's showing the same amount of skin, and her hair is just as messy as before. The only thing is they should have kept her bow and arrow in the picture. I understand that little girls need a good example, but I think this example is fine.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 5/9/2013 6:42:08 AM

there's nothin wrong with merida.. so why would they change her? she wont be the real merida then...... love that movie :'D

by islandgirl23 on 5/9/2013 1:46:49 AM

It tells younger kids that they can't be themselves; instead they need to change their appearance and who they are in order to be liked. This is not the message those kids should be getting. They need to feel comfortable with who they are.

by 4soccer27 on 5/9/2013 1:02:18 AM

There was nothing wrong with the original Merida and no reason to change her look. It might make younger girls feel like they have to improve their image just like she has.

by denik on 5/8/2013 11:39:42 PM

I like the old look better because that's the real her and she looks younger. Closer to the age she's supposed to be.I also think she looks a little too glam. She could've been a princess just the way she was. That would've been a great message to send.

by Bluestar479 on 5/8/2013 11:07:46 PM

WHAT THE HECK HAVE THEY DOND TO HER?!?!?!? She DIESNT WVWN HAVE HER BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merida is not a stupid Disney princess, swooning over princes. She is a determined rebel. That look does not suit her at ALL!

by ravenclawgirl on 5/8/2013 9:55:20 PM

by badatbasketball on 5/8/2013 9:36:23 PM

Advice Queen:khaotickaitlin
I've pretty much been through it all...Don't hesitate to ask! I love helping people!

by khaotickaitlin on 5/8/2013 8:49:30 PM

I like her before b/c it's the real her! If you've seen the movie 'Brave' you know that she doesn't like being the girly type. She likes adventure and if you loved her in the movie you would want a doll(or whatever) of her from the movie not a new girly her doll, just saying, not trying to be mean or anything

by ArianaKatFan on 5/8/2013 8:00:41 PM

I really liked the old look better because in the movie her character wouldn't have worn that girly dress! I don't think kids will be happy with this change because they like Merida how she is!

by Ivylougirl on 5/8/2013 7:59:41 PM