4 HOURS AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

7 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

8 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Merida's makeover: Big deal or not so much?

Scottish lass Merida from last summer's Pixar smash is finally joining the ranks of the Disney Princesses. But before she joins the queue, evidently she...

It's not a huge deal but I think it gives girls this idea of unattainable beauty and that she looks more believable, real, I don't know a good adjective but I like the before better.

by sk8rk on 5/8/2013 7:14:33 PM

Before for sure...The main problem is that they made her skinnier and curvier...is that what it means to be a princess?

by 5555fanny on 5/8/2013 5:09:58 PM

i honestly dont care. Disney only made that change because, really, no one is going to buy a doll with frizzy knotted hair who doesn't look pretty. It's just the truth. Plus, when i was at the age of being interested in dolls, i wanted a pretty doll, and besides, i dont think i would be mature enough anyways to know that Merida went through a change.

by proballerina on 5/8/2013 8:08:56 AM

I personally like the old one but the new one isnt like too racy but she would need a a small makeover to become one of the disney princesses Jess D.

by lizzylacasse on 5/8/2013 7:19:30 AM

I don't like this new change. I feel like Disney is constantly sending children the message that girls must be feminine. You don't have be pretty or act feminine to be a girl! Not all princesses have to be girly and girls are not obligated to act like the typical, pretty, perfect feminine figure. What really matters in Brave is not Merida being a princess, it was the qualities that Merida gained: bravery and sticking together as a family.

by WantsToSnuggle on 5/8/2013 12:27:17 AM

I personally like her old look better. It show little girls that you don't have to be perfect and girly to be a princess. With her disheveled hair and modest dress Merida send the message that it is OK to be different, and to stand out from the crowd in this world full of Barbies.

by cya19 on 5/8/2013 12:21:24 AM

I do not like her new makeover at all but I don't think its that big of a deal.

by mooncool7 on 5/7/2013 11:48:50 PM

I kind of like her the old way but either way is fine for me. Some people just need something to complain about, so I dont think she is being sexualized, she isnt showing that much more skin and she doesnt have boobs that stick way out. Just look at some of the video games guys are playing and so many of the female characters are made to look very sexual, so Merida isnt that bad.

by fashionqn on 5/7/2013 10:35:21 PM

I like her better the new way, because if shes a Disney princess, she has to look pretty and girly. Honestly, I never liked Brave because of her appearance as a princess with uncombed hair and no makeup, because in reality, they all did look good. And seriously? A petition? There is no sexualization in this, and the world needs to be more considered about other things, such as why the US goes to war with so many countries for no reason and why so many Americans have guns (they shoot innocent children and the 2 amendment was made in in the 17 century when it was actually NeEdEd unlike now).

by coolteen24 on 5/7/2013 10:09:23 PM