28 MINUTES AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

AN HOUR AGO Because who doesn't wanna read about British spies?! Enter to win a copy of Dangerous Deceptions from @HMHKids: http://t.co/Eozjo2nZg1

2 HOURS AGO #DIY the cutest centerpieces for your Thanksgiving table: http://t.co/twZiwuHspF

COMMENTS

Merida's makeover: Big deal or not so much?

Scottish lass Merida from last summer's Pixar smash is finally joining the ranks of the Disney Princesses. But before she joins the queue, evidently she...

I'm sorry, but it's really not a big deal. I know she's supposed to be a tom boy, but a petition??? I think that the reason little girls like princesses is because they are girly. I personally like the change.

by emim88 on 5/7/2013 9:28:59 PM

by Emilicious on 5/7/2013 9:28:29 PM

I think Merida is really supposed to be a tomboy and one of the points of the movie was how she didn't want to be a girly princess, so I don't think they should change her into a girly princess like they did

by Jules1399 on 5/7/2013 9:01:42 PM

Today At lunch, all my friends were going outside, except for my one friend. She doesn't really like my other friends, but she is also my only good friend in my class. So anyway, at lunch they wer going to go outside, and the girl refused. She asked me if I was going and I asked if I really had a choice. She got really depressed and said later that my comment really hurt her. I really want to make up, but I'm worried that she won't accept my apology because I went outside about a month ago without her and I apologized a lot then. What's the best way to apologize and do you think she'll accept my apology? Thanks, I'm really worried.

Hey keewauneegal, maybe you could write her a letter. Let her know you're sorry and didn't mean to hurt her. It may take her a while but I'm sure she'll forgive you. You seem like such a great friend. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by kewauneegal on 5/7/2013 8:59:19 PM

i like both. i think the new version would be a good "grown-up" version

by emmulee on 5/7/2013 8:58:44 PM

What extra skin is being shown? Foot I like the original Merida because she's untainted (like not dressed up, fancy or ladylike) but why are mothers getting angry over a simple sketch or idea?

by Kikikim8 on 5/7/2013 8:45:48 PM

W

by Kikikim8 on 5/7/2013 8:43:46 PM

I actually don't see much of a difference. I mean there are going to be differences between a CGI and a cartoon. If there had been more of a change I definitely would side with the Moms.

by txtingirl on 5/7/2013 8:40:30 PM

Sexualization? It's the same girl in a different style of cartoon and a different dress. Disney was trying to make her match the style of art as all the other princesses, she still represents the same ideals and morals. I don't think that would have been considered sexual at a until some uptight mothers pointed it out. They need to calm down.

by ACaseOfMistakenIdentity on 5/7/2013 8:35:23 PM

Yeah it is a big deal! She was the only REAL princess.

by Miepster99 on 5/7/2013 8:22:59 PM