AN HOUR AGO We wanna know! How do you feel about smoking? http://t.co/WcbALOzQ4B

2 HOURS AGO The cosmos are calling! What's your horoscope say this week? http://t.co/q9kd52Fa5K

3 HOURS AGO 5 stellar snapbacks to rock right now: http://t.co/7V0qNFe8AC

COMMENTS

Flirts with you but likes a popular girl? Here's what to do

I have a major crush on this guy. He says that he likes the "popular girl," but he flirts with me. He sends me mixed signals. He...

I have the same problem except he says he likes me and not the popular girl. We have "history" and he just met her this year and says I just have to trust him. The reason he hasn't asked me out is because he cant be distracted by relationship stuff during finals. Lol it's hard because she's a flirt to him and he leads her on I think. I'm going to make him tell her today tho.

by chick987 on 5/11/2013 1:28:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So today, I hanging out with my crush and 5 of my friends, and we were trying to ask him who he likes. Finally, he said that he likes one of us. When my friend said"oh I see!*wink-wink*) he laughed then said no. same thing with my other friend if it was her, he did the same, but when I asked it if it was me( with crazy flirty eyes ;) he was like maaaybe Laughing. do u think he likes me? or was he just kidding around? he also has been talking to me a lot more than normal lately. And I was in a hunger games club with him, he immediately suggested we form an alliance. Also when I said I might quit, he started acting weird and acting like he didn't want me to! I also always catch him looking at me. Do you think he likes me? He is definitely not shy, he's kinda the class clown actually.

Hey girlie,

It sounds like there is a good chance he likes you, but it's hard to be absolutely sure since he hasn't said so directly! Maybe you could ask him to dance with you next time your school has a dance, or subtly begin to act more flirty around him and see how he responds. Or if you want to be really bold, you could tell him you like him or ask him out and see how he responds!

Meghan D.

by auslly123 on 5/10/2013 9:59:05 PM

Lynae P
Yeah we still talk just not as much and it's sort of awkward especially if she's around. Thank you!!

by cgirl751 on 5/10/2013 9:58:57 PM

Ok so a couple months ago I started talking to this guy. My friends told him I like him even though I didn't. But they asked him his feelings on me and he said he likes me he just didn't want a relationship. Then he told one of my friends he wanted to ask me to prom. But then one of his best girl friends date ditched her so he asked her. Even though he had asked her we were still talking but then apparently he and this girl kissed at prom and he might like her but he also still likes me. It's gotten very awkward between him and I. He doesn't want to date this other girl because she leaves for college in a few months. What does all this mean for me and him and what can I do to fix this friendship/relationship?

Hey cgirl751, I think there's still a possibility for a relationship between you two. Things just got a little messy with this other girl. Maybe once she leaves you two can get back to normal. Do you guys still talk?

Lynae P.

by cgirl751 on 5/10/2013 8:23:19 PM

mod mod mod.
in this case, to me at least, it sounds like the boy doesn't want you to know that he likes you and probably thinks that liking the "popular girl" is safe. also he might be scared because he doesn't know if you like him back, so he wants you to know that he does like someone, even if she may be unattainable. i have dealt with this scenario before recently. a boy liked me a lot, made it obvious, flirted, and even told his friends that he liked me back (mistake- because they told me haha). but I do think this boy likes you, and if you like him back, then flirt back. to me, it sounds like he likes you but is unsure what to do about it, so, like most guys do, they opt for the "safe" "popular" girl because they usually won't have to deal with as much rejection. he also may not be quite sure if he likes you, that way. he definitely seems interested, so why not?
mod mod modddddd Smile

Hey the lilly92, mhmm maybe he wasn't sure that you liked him. He could've just assumed that the popular girl had feelings for him since they are in the same circle. So there wasn't much of a challenge to get her. To get you it may have been more difficult. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by thelilly921 on 5/10/2013 6:07:12 PM

ModModMod
Ok so my BGF has a crush on this girl and she likes him. However, she's jealous of me because he had a crush on me last year and the beginning of this one. I really don't like her because she's loud and pushy. She always tries to get my BGF by himself and shut me out as much as possible. She completely ignores me whenever she's close by, doesn't even look at me, and tries to get him away. And he usually goes. He'll get up 4 or 5 times from our lunch table to go talk to her, tickle her, etc. It's SO annoying! I get that they like each other, but he's my friend too! I see him less than she does anyway. What should I do?

Hey flutist99, oh no. This girl sounds like trouble. She seems jealous of the bond you have with your best guy friend. At the same time you have to understand how he's feeling. Imagine if the guy you liked was interested in you too. Wouldn't you want to spend as much time around him as you can? So let him have his fun for now, and be there for him when he needs advice on approaching her. If they do get in a relationship, maybe then it would be a good time to talk to him about her. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by flutist99 on 5/10/2013 6:01:32 PM

MOD
Ok, so there's this guy I've liked for the longest time. We have like 4 classes together, and everyone calls us out on flirting, but some days he's uber flirty with me, but other days he just seems kind of out of it. I don't have his phone # so for one can you give me a tip on how to ask for it? Another thing is everyone is telling me that we should just make it official already and start dating....but I'm too scared to break the ice and I'm pretty sure he's not gonna! Any ideas on what I should do?!? PS: There's three days left in the school year, so if I'm gonna do anything its gotta happen soon

Hey actress12345, don't be shy about breaking the ice. It seems like he really likes you too but is just a bit nervous. You could outwardly ask him or try to be slick about it. If you want to ask him try something like "Hey you send texts right? Give me your number so we can text sometime." or "I don't have your number. Wanna exchange numbers?". To be a little more tricky let him hold your phone to see something (maybe a funny picture or embarrassing text message) and then say "Oh put your number in too". Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by actress12345 on 5/10/2013 5:19:12 PM

What does mod mod mod mean

Hey! "Mod mod mod" stands for "moderator moderator moderator". It usually means that the person wants a moderator to answer a question or give some advice. Hope this clears it up! xx

Hannah M

by Jules1399 on 5/10/2013 4:14:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
This may seem like a strange question to ask, but there are two guys (both seniors) who have been SUPER SUPER nice to me this year (I'm a freshman). They've been in Speech and Debate with me (as co-presidents), and they're in my Theatre class now (upper level classes). They've encouraged me and helped me with preparation for tournaments mostly, but today, one of them said that I was "really really talented" and that I "shouldn't believe anyone who tells me otherwise," and the other one wants me to be his stage manager for a play he's just written. Now, here's the thing. I want to thank them for it, but I don't really know how...I'd like to just work up the gut and tell them in person, but I don't know if I could say everything I wanted to...any suggestions? Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie! Sounds like you're super talented! Good job! Anyway, I think that saying thank you in person is always nice and heartfelt. Approach them and calmly say how flattered you are that they've been so nice to you this year. If this is too scary, send them a Facebook inbox or text. Hope this helps! xx

Hannah M

by lpolk on 5/10/2013 4:00:15 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
I need some MAJOR boy help. So I really like this guy, and my friend who has known him forever helps me with what to do and say. Today, without me knowing, she pulled him aside and asked him if he though I was pretty. My friend texted me telling me that he got really red, rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, stuttered, but said, "Yeah, I think she is really pretty." Two of my other friends were with here and said that was what happened too. He has been acting different around me lately, and all I want to know is what does his behavior and his answer mean, and what can I do from here?

Hey girlie! Sounds like he has a crush on you! Try to sit next to him a little more often and talk to him. If he seems a little nervous or excited, it probably means he likes you too. If he seems really awkward and like he wants to leave, he might just feel really uncomfortable because your friend put him on the spot a little. I would try to ask your friends to butt out a little bit. They definitely just want to help, but they might scare him off! Try to make him feel comfortable and not awkward, and he'll warm right up. Best of luck! xx

Hannah M