2 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

2 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

3 HOURS AGO 5 ways to nix nasty thigh sweat probz: http://t.co/982h3PqHBE

COMMENTS

Jessie makes fun of...food allergies? Hmm.

We love us some Jessie--I mean, with Debby Ryan, Peyton List and the rest of the crew, how could you not? But when we heard...

I'm celiac and I don't find this offensive. TV is tv, they push boundaries all the time. I'm much happier seeing something like this than watching a sex focused show like all the others. The only worry I have about this is the kids at schools starting this...

by XxStarlessNightxX on 5/22/2013 10:06:26 PM

I have a severe peanut allergy, where I'd most likely die if I eat it. My friends, as a joke, will wave their PB&J sandwich in my face and go "oooo". It's really scary for me and this is JUST like it. How rude.

by xxnycbeauty on 5/22/2013 9:38:42 PM

It's not that big of a deal, I mean it was just an episode. This is real life stuff and how is telling kids on disney to stop bullying and stuff, if they use that example of disney i can guaruntee you they will only get teased even more. This world is brutal

by hottie1250 on 5/22/2013 9:34:19 PM

As someone with a laundry list of allergies (and not just food allergies) I think that Disney needs to be more sensitive about stuff like this. Allergies can be deadly, and for some people just being near items containing their allergen can kill them. I'm lactose and soy intolerant, and the soy is worst. I accidentally eat one thing with soy in it and I'm sick for days. If I get stung by a bee, I could die, as very serious bee allergies run in my family (my mom and grandmother have both almost died from being stung.) I can't even use normal chapstick or lipstick or my face swells up, and my throat could close, all because I'm very, very, allergic to beeswax. I'm allergic to grass/plant oils/pollen, and just sitting in the grass with shorts on gives me welts and a rash. Poison ivy/oak could land me in the hospital. I'm even allergic to artificial frangrances, which means I can't even wear perfume without a rash and headache. And bullying, no matter how "funny" is always wrong.

by rockinlishy on 5/22/2013 9:30:21 PM

That's pretty mean of the show to make fun of kids with allergies like that. A good friend of mine can't eat anything with gluten.

by myfatsquirrel on 5/22/2013 9:30:03 PM

Are you kidding me? Where was the outrage when the writers of "Shake It Up" made a disgustingly insensitive joke about anorexia? I expected better of Girlslife. Instead of talking about that, you glorify their show and put them on the cover.In fact, I think all Disney writers should go to a 10 month course on reality and being sensitive to matters that affect youth today. Just sickening

by riot_grrrl on 5/22/2013 9:29:02 PM

That was kind of inconsiderate towards people with actual allergies, because they can be life threatening. But Disney, Dreamworks, and Nickolodeon have done worse things in the past. I was reading the Davinci Code, and apparently in the Lion King, if you pause it at a certain point, the fireflies spell s*x. And I only now realize how inapropriate Spongebob is, and it's hilarious behe cause all the 7 year olds that watch it have no idea how bad it is. Like the episode with the spanking train? What even?!

by prettypinkelephants on 5/22/2013 9:00:09 PM

Well I think that every is being entirely too sensitive. there are a lot more offensive things in this world than someone joking about your food allergy. everyone just needs to get over it. if I had that food allergy, I wouldn't care about the joke I would have laughed. so deleting the episode after all of there hard work because of one joke is stupid.

by cgirl109 on 5/22/2013 8:52:40 PM

While there is no need for Disney to be so boorish about allergies (saying that it affects many people and can come with life-threatening symptoms), it's not their responsibility nor has it ever been to educate any one. Jessie is a show that is made for entertainment, not education. I have to agree somewhat with HokeyLuver. In my opinion, I felt that Disney is always going overboard, so I never watch it. I don't feel that it is anyone's right to impose their opinion on Disney channel. If they don't like a joke that is being made or a message that is being displayed, they nor their children are being forced to watch it. They can simply change the channel and find something else to watch. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to smother everyone in their opinions.

by appleduck101 on 5/22/2013 8:03:25 PM