1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! Style up with a @joseeberhair flat iron: http://t.co/yUCoG5ztrA

2 HOURS AGO No time to tame your mane? Just bun it: http://t.co/p8ajs5UPn7

14 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

COMMENTS

Jessie makes fun of...food allergies? Hmm.

We love us some Jessie--I mean, with Debby Ryan, Peyton List and the rest of the crew, how could you not? But when we heard...

It doesn't matter if this is a show! some allergies can be life threatening
if a person has a series allergy to let's say peanuts there throat
could close and they could stop breathing so food allergies is not something to messed around with

by redvelvetluv on 5/30/2013 10:05:07 PM

I have a bazillion allergies and that episode sounds like it would be funny... Me and my friends joke about allergies all the time, people need to stop overreacting.

by sarahaqua17 on 5/23/2013 10:24:14 PM

Get over it, its not that serious...

by purpleprincess60 on 5/23/2013 5:58:32 PM

They are overreacting. I mean, it's just a joke!

by aki2000 on 5/23/2013 4:44:33 PM

People need to relax. It's just a show. If you can't handle it just change the channel. And people need to realize that the real world isn't nice. You are going to get put down and made fun of sometime in your life, so you should just learn to deal with. You can't just cry when life gets a little hard or in this, a television show says one little thing you don't like.

by PandaPillowPet on 5/23/2013 3:56:44 PM

I am actually allergic to gluten because of Celiac Disease has been doing this for a while. First with "That's So Raven", when Chelsea revealed she wanted Gluten free angel hair pasta. Secondly with Suite Life On Deck when Zack was taking care of the elderly and bet on "one gluten free cookie" in his game of poker. Third, in "Victorious", when Lane gave Robbie a giant cookie, Robbie begins hurling once he finds out that he ate a cookie with gluten in it. Also, more recently, on "See Dad Run", they made fun of gluten free food, saying it tasted horrible. I have found this discriminating and bullying for so long- and I'm happy someone has FINALLY made a stand. Gluten free food tastes different, NOT BAD! It takes a while to get used to, in fact, 2 or 3 years for me! But now it's been EIGHT whole years without gluten, and it's GREAT!!!!

by fabina962 on 5/23/2013 2:51:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok so this weekend my family's going to Vegas to visit my cousins theyll be there all weekend but I want to go meet o2l [youtube channel] with my friend. So should I go to Vegas or sleepover a
T my friends? Thanks

Hey girlie! It's up to you! They both sound really fun. Can't make this call for you, I'm afraid. Just try to weigh the pros and cons of both and make your decision! xx

Hannah M

by Katnissgirlonfire on 5/23/2013 9:39:59 AM

I mean I know its just a show but little kids probably look up to them and then they may think its okay to do that when its so not!

by mooncool7 on 5/22/2013 11:19:57 PM

Its a comedy show. If it is going to be funny, some person is going to be offended by it. While this may offend some people with food allergies, they weren't blatantly insulting people with allergies. A joke is a joke, it would be a completely different situation if they actually insulted that person.

by Bunniesrock14 on 5/22/2013 11:06:45 PM

I feel that Disney shouldn't have been so bold. From what I can tell, it was a little mean. Afterward, they should have fit in how lots of kids have allergies to food, and that it was normal. Despite my opinion on the matter, I don't think people should have launched a petition or made it up to be something it wasn't on a website. If they really felt like they needed to voice their opinions, they could have sent Disney a letter. Or, they could have replied on something like this. A "What do you think?" not a "Disney is cruel! Demand they stop now!" thing. That's what I think. I love Jessie otherwise, but sorry they made a choice that was publicly dealt with.

by lil'beautylover27 on 5/22/2013 10:24:34 PM

I'm celiac and I don't find this offensive. TV is tv, they push boundaries all the time. I'm much happier seeing something like this than watching a sex focused show like all the others. The only worry I have about this is the kids at schools starting this...

by XxStarlessNightxX on 5/22/2013 10:06:26 PM

I have a severe peanut allergy, where I'd most likely die if I eat it. My friends, as a joke, will wave their PB&J sandwich in my face and go "oooo". It's really scary for me and this is JUST like it. How rude.

by xxnycbeauty on 5/22/2013 9:38:42 PM

It's not that big of a deal, I mean it was just an episode. This is real life stuff and how is telling kids on disney to stop bullying and stuff, if they use that example of disney i can guaruntee you they will only get teased even more. This world is brutal

by hottie1250 on 5/22/2013 9:34:19 PM

As someone with a laundry list of allergies (and not just food allergies) I think that Disney needs to be more sensitive about stuff like this. Allergies can be deadly, and for some people just being near items containing their allergen can kill them. I'm lactose and soy intolerant, and the soy is worst. I accidentally eat one thing with soy in it and I'm sick for days. If I get stung by a bee, I could die, as very serious bee allergies run in my family (my mom and grandmother have both almost died from being stung.) I can't even use normal chapstick or lipstick or my face swells up, and my throat could close, all because I'm very, very, allergic to beeswax. I'm allergic to grass/plant oils/pollen, and just sitting in the grass with shorts on gives me welts and a rash. Poison ivy/oak could land me in the hospital. I'm even allergic to artificial frangrances, which means I can't even wear perfume without a rash and headache. And bullying, no matter how "funny" is always wrong.

by rockinlishy on 5/22/2013 9:30:21 PM

That's pretty mean of the show to make fun of kids with allergies like that. A good friend of mine can't eat anything with gluten.

by myfatsquirrel on 5/22/2013 9:30:03 PM

Are you kidding me? Where was the outrage when the writers of "Shake It Up" made a disgustingly insensitive joke about anorexia? I expected better of Girlslife. Instead of talking about that, you glorify their show and put them on the cover.In fact, I think all Disney writers should go to a 10 month course on reality and being sensitive to matters that affect youth today. Just sickening

by riot_grrrl on 5/22/2013 9:29:02 PM

That was kind of inconsiderate towards people with actual allergies, because they can be life threatening. But Disney, Dreamworks, and Nickolodeon have done worse things in the past. I was reading the Davinci Code, and apparently in the Lion King, if you pause it at a certain point, the fireflies spell s*x. And I only now realize how inapropriate Spongebob is, and it's hilarious behe cause all the 7 year olds that watch it have no idea how bad it is. Like the episode with the spanking train? What even?!

by prettypinkelephants on 5/22/2013 9:00:09 PM

Well I think that every is being entirely too sensitive. there are a lot more offensive things in this world than someone joking about your food allergy. everyone just needs to get over it. if I had that food allergy, I wouldn't care about the joke I would have laughed. so deleting the episode after all of there hard work because of one joke is stupid.

by cgirl109 on 5/22/2013 8:52:40 PM

While there is no need for Disney to be so boorish about allergies (saying that it affects many people and can come with life-threatening symptoms), it's not their responsibility nor has it ever been to educate any one. Jessie is a show that is made for entertainment, not education. I have to agree somewhat with HokeyLuver. In my opinion, I felt that Disney is always going overboard, so I never watch it. I don't feel that it is anyone's right to impose their opinion on Disney channel. If they don't like a joke that is being made or a message that is being displayed, they nor their children are being forced to watch it. They can simply change the channel and find something else to watch. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to smother everyone in their opinions.

by appleduck101 on 5/22/2013 8:03:25 PM

I agree with LittleUsagiTewi

by Chloe<3 on 5/22/2013 7:59:12 PM

I am allergic to gluten and dairy but whenever i eat something my frends say "no, if you eat that youll die!!!" which really bothers me

by WinnieGirlie on 5/22/2013 7:42:44 PM

i know they probably weren't trying to offend anyone. i am one of those kids who has a weird allergy situation. I have had three friends who are severely allergic to peanuts. I am a little miffed, but not offended.

by cupcake_mutt13 on 5/22/2013 7:40:25 PM

Not cool of Disney...my cousin could die if she even breathes in gluten.In fact, she almost did once.Shame on Disney-especially the Jessie crew.I would think out of everyone who works on the set,at least one of them would have enough brains to say it wasn't right.Shame on them.ALOT OF SHAME!

by pinterest on 5/22/2013 7:37:37 PM

I am gluten and lactose intolerant and I am completely
Normal and I do not freak out when I see flour. It's not my fault
I have a food allergy and people don't make un of me for it because
It really isn't that big of a deal. I am upset at the moment
Because my class is going on a camping trip and I can't
Go because they don't have gluten and lactose free food and you
Are not allowed to being your own. I think that it completely
Unfair because it isn't a choice it's a need for me. The
World should really become a better place for people with food allergies!

by cupcakecutie325 on 5/22/2013 7:27:15 PM

That was kinda rude of the Jessie script writers, but I think we should seriously stop wasting our time on little things like this and worry more about the big issues in our society. People will get mad over anything.

by LittleUsagiTewi on 5/22/2013 7:23:36 PM

That is a bit much Disney. It is rude and I agree with the mothers

by DancrGurl on 5/22/2013 7:20:13 PM

Jessie has also had some other..lets just say, not very child friendly moments.
Disney sometimes just goes way overboard

by kenbon on 5/22/2013 6:50:12 PM

I don't think disney should have put this in a kid's show. I mean, my little sister saw it and thought it was funny! And she has a peanut allergy! This episode kinda stereotypes kids with allergies (making them look like wimps and nerdy) which could lead to bullying. And who would want to admit they had an allergy after watching this??

by genieinabottle on 5/22/2013 6:41:46 PM

I have a long list of food allergies, too. Gluten, sugar, and aspartame are my highest allergies. I can eat some sugar and gluten, but no aspartame. Two of my friends have Celiac Disease and it is not funny. They get really sick if they eat gluten and can even get cancer! Disney is not nice.

by beautiful_me13 on 5/22/2013 6:08:52 PM

Hey, that's not cool, I'm not allergic to anything but that is really mean. But I did want to see that episode, I think they should have just pulled the parts with them making fun of the allergies. Seriously Disney! You're supposed to EDUCATE children!

by laineydorv on 5/22/2013 5:28:40 PM

You guys its just a show. While some people may not like the fact that its making fun of it, then what are comedy shows for, comedy shows make fun of things and you are not supposed to take it seriously. And if you don't like the message it shows, don't watch it, don't ruin it for the other people just because you don't like it.

by HockeyLuver on 5/22/2013 5:12:30 PM

I agree with Laineyluv123. I'm lactose intolerant and it's no picnic to react to something. Allergies are NOT something to joke around about.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 5/22/2013 5:09:09 PM

Kinda like that one time on Shake It Up when the lady said to Flynn "I would eat you up! That's, if I ate."

by elevenbailey on 5/22/2013 5:00:43 PM

I have a laundry list of food allergies, too. I am allergic to a WHOLE lot of fruits, and then there's my vegetables one... which includes zuccini, celery, carrots, dill, etc. (Yes, I know dill is an herb). I think they have a right to be mad. If I take the wrong bite of something, I could suffocate instantly! It's never funny, having food alleriges, and people think it is. Well, if you think it's no big deal, then I will just laugh whenever you are diagnosed with them. It is a huge ordeal, and something no girl should go through... especially, if you're like me, considering a bite of celery could end my life.

by Laineyluv123 on 5/22/2013 4:52:54 PM

Some mothers just need to calm down

by Jules1399 on 5/22/2013 4:19:02 PM