11 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

12 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

13 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

English, math, science, history and...gym? P.E. might be your new core course

As obesity rates continue to climb—currently 17 percent of children under the age of 19 in the U.S. clock in way over their recommended BMI—organizations...

in elementary school, prettty simple and just fun games that got us moving. middle school, they choose 2 sports per marking period that we have to play. high school, choose whatever you want, whether it be football or yoga

by sammyy99 on 6/1/2013 11:31:04 AM

MOD please!!
Hey ya! Okay, so I'm home-schooled, and when I was little (around 6) I could do beginning-intermediate algebra. So of course, my mom let me skip grades. The problem is, now I'm almost 14 and I can't do simple things like multiplication very well! My mom works during the day, and my dad lives out of state, so I'm on my own when it comes to school. My mom gives me science and history books and whatever that I just work on at my own pace, but I really don't have much math. What do I do?? I'm ahead in everything else, it's just math! I even suck at doing things with money. It's really embarrassing. Frown Also, I can't hire a tutor or anything because we don't make enough money. Is there any way I can get back up to my level? What ARE kids my age expected to be able to do? (My B-Day is in the fall, so I'm currently in 7th grade.) Sorry it's so long! Also, thanks for all that you Mods do, you're all so awesome!!

Hey girl! I would give a heads up to your Mom that you're struggling a bit. Math is really tricky, but also really important. She might have more ideas on how to get you a little extra help in that subject! Keep at it though; you'll get the hang soon!

xo

Taeler L.

by princessofparadox on 6/1/2013 1:17:25 AM

CLub ANYTHING!!!!!!!(sorry for the spamming, but we need lots more members).

********************************************HEY GIRLS!!!!!***************************************************

by puddinface7 on 5/31/2013 10:02:20 PM

We are required to take PE I&II to graduate, unless you do a sport, marching band, or are in one of the competing show choirs (because they dance so much) and then you can waive out of one PE course. If you take it during the school year its every other day due to our block schedule. Most kids take PE I the summer before freshman year and waive out of PE II, but I'm taking PE II this summer before sophomore year. Its four hours four days a week and it starts this coming monday. Its a good way to meet people before you start high school, and the teachers aren't as tough in the summer. I don't mind gym that much, except running kills me. It's boring and painful.

by Bluestar479 on 5/31/2013 9:12:32 PM

No. I think that is a bad idea- honestly I HATE PE I feel so forced to do things that I can't do! I think this would have an opposite effect- more kids would have bad grades because they don't want to do it- so they don't.I get points docked everyday in PE because I can't go all the way down to 90 degrees on my push-ups. Yeah. I am a straight A student so this hurts my grade really bad! Also school is supposed to prepare us for having jobs and living in the 'real world', if they take an elective away from us how are we going to find out what our interests are? I do understand the importance of being healthy and all, but forcing kids to do isn't going to change anything- in fact it could make kids have a negative image with exercise. I think my high school has the right idea, if you do a sport it counts as a PE credit, or if you are in the spring Musical- which I like! But that's just my opinion.

Xoxo M

by madsgirl155 on 5/31/2013 5:21:31 PM

We have gym every day in seventh and eighth grade at my school, which means that everyone tries to exert themselves as little as possible to avoid being sweaty and gross the whole rest of the day. Also, one trimester is spent on health, meaning we get no exercise in gym class 33% of the school year. We do have electives.

by elyse.a.cooke on 5/31/2013 5:09:21 PM

yes! in addition to preparing kids for life, they should make it so that they can be healthy and be able to do stuff. it's hard to be efficient if you are overweight

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 5/31/2013 4:44:38 PM

well my at my school, gym's a core class but we can take gym for a month in the summer for a year's credit (which is what i do) i just don't like messing up my hair and having to change in and out of my outfit and getting sweaty because my school doesnt give us enough time to shower

by ElliMichael on 5/31/2013 2:14:16 AM

We have it every other day every day.

by hanban24157 on 5/30/2013 10:52:15 PM

Personally i actually kind of like this idea. For many kids, this is the only time of the day they get exercise. But, i also think sports should count as gym credits. @ my high school, we can try out a sport for a week and then switch if we want to. I just do track and cc cause it's easy. But when you complete a season, you should get credit for gym because you just kicked your butt doing something you love.

by iheartu? on 5/30/2013 9:58:25 PM