8 HOURS AGO What to do when you have a cyber crush: http://t.co/WYtcyoAlTG

8 HOURS AGO RT @BronteASpida: Had so much fun 2Day best day of my summer @girlslifemag #FashionBash2014

11 HOURS AGO What kind of guy should you go for? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/OHtk0RLtVR

COMMENTS

A blush-worthy punishment: How would you feel if your mom did this?

For centuries, parents have experimented with methods to teach their kids the concept of right and wrong. Every once and a while, a new solution...

Spanking is not child abuse.I would rather get a spank than hold a sign,the spank would go away a lot faster than the humiliation.The shaving the head thing is way to harsh.

by emmacd on 6/4/2013 10:38:44 PM

Because of my parents punishing tactics, I have been told that I probably have no respect for authority because I was not punished enough. While I understand why someone may think that way, that's not so.
My parents have never grounded me or spanked me. They really don't see the point. And honestly, I don't either. From an observational standpoint, I've seen that grounding does nothing to curb the "bad" behavior in the first place. Maybe because it isn't properly connected with the punishment. For example, my parents always sit me down before a punishment (particularly when I was little) and explain why whatever I did was bad. Then it wouldn't be grounding, it would be taking away a privilege relevant to the crime. In my experience, grounding is barely ever relevant. It's used as a one size fits all punishment, which doesn't always work. Hannah M

by Pauline07 on 6/4/2013 10:27:18 PM

YES! @WhiteStripe3 COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

by Chloe<3 on 6/4/2013 8:56:51 PM

Wow, this is intense. I think some of it is ok, but the shaving their daughters head part? wayyy to evil. I think learning punishments from actions is necessary but after the punishment, the action should be forgotten.

by sammyy99 on 6/4/2013 7:28:02 PM

This punishment is good. I agree that our generation is getting out of hand and groundings and spankings don't work anymore. Even if you ground a child, they'll still find a way to have sex, drink, sneak out and party. After being forced to walk around with their offenses on their backs I don't think any child would dare to do it again.

by justinbeiber#1 on 6/4/2013 6:47:51 PM

If they are going to do something they know is wrong, then they deserve the punishment. Obviously this works. I do think that shaving her hair is a bit overdone. But, as teenagers, we are rebellious and think we are invincible. These girls have been brought down from their high place. I can imagine that some girls are a bit frightened by this and will stop what they are doing.

by soccerholic on 6/4/2013 6:26:37 PM

Spanking is not child abuse. My older sister and i got spankings and we turned out fine. She has a full ride scholarship and is engagement and has no kids. I do perfectly decent n school and respect my parents. ^^^ I can agree some of this is wrong but, that almost like me having sex n the hallway and wondering why people are being mean to me. Like if someone @ their school had found out first, they wouldn't hav their parents teaching them a lesson. I bet half these kids won't do stupid crap again. It's not ok. I'm glad many of the GL editors and assistants don't hav kids because sometimes spankings and timeouts don't do.

by briana13 on 6/4/2013 6:15:23 PM

First off, spanking isn't child abuse...My parents spanked me and to tell you the truth, I'M GLAD THEY DID! If they didn't I'm sure I wouldn't be as respectful to them as I am. I meet so many teenagers and kids that are disrespectful to their parents and its sick. Second, this article is saying that its basically wrong to punish kids when they do something wrong. If they cant spank them or make them hold up signs what other punishment is there? I agree that the hair shaving was a bit much, but still? So many teens go unpunished for their bad actions and they turn out to be ignoramuses. Do you want the world full of ignoramuses? I'm pretty sure we have enough already!

by Chloe<3 on 6/4/2013 6:12:09 PM

Oh please! What these kids were doing were pretty bad, and if you'd be embarrassed by people knowing of your terrible behaviour, then don't do it.

by WhiteStripe3 on 6/4/2013 6:05:42 PM